Simple Solutions for Shipping Adjustable Height Standing Desks
Desk shipments are second nature to us. We've been building, packing, and shipping ergonomic adjustable height standing desks safely for years, and we've got it down to a science!
Allow me to lay an urban myth to rest: Burly truckers will not drop your precious cargo in the middle of the road for jealous coworkers or vulture-like passersby to retrieve. When you place an order for a standing desk from Human Solution, whether its a wood standing desk or a laminate top desk, you have a choice among 5 freight delivery options. Which one is right for you? Let's break down the options:
- FREE Residential and Business Standard: Bake some cookies to bribe your family and friends! This is a free option, but it requires a few helping hands. The freight truck will park in front of your residence (businesses - if you have a loading dock it will be very useful here). You'll be responsible for moving the entire shipment off of the truck, into your home or office, and setting it up. And the best part -- it's free!
- Residential and Business Lift Gate: You'll also need a few people to help move the shipment with this option. The truck will have a device to move the shipment from the back of the truck to the ground. From there it is up to you and your friends to move each piece indoors.
- Bronze Delivery: The driver will move the shipment to the first available dry area (meaning protected from the elements), whether that be your front door or garage. Two sets of stairs are included, but they will only move to the "threshold" of your residence. Bronze is great option if your desk doesn't have too far to go.
- Silver Delivery: The delivery agents will take your desk to whichever room in your house you choose, including 2 flights of stairs. Silver is most often used for offices located inside of office buildings. This delivery is what is necessary to get the shipment to the specific office located in the office building. Many of our business customers require this level. Just as every other option except for Platinum, the standing desk will remain in its packaging for you to remove and assemble.
- Platinum Delivery: Platinum delivery covers all of your bases and saves you a great deal of time. The wood desk will be shipped directly to an installer, who will inspect the shipment for you. The delivery agents will provide their own tools and will allow 30 minutes to assemble your standing desk. They will even remove all of the packaging from your space. All that's left is for you to enjoy your new standing desk and the health benefits that come with it.
All delivery options require a four hour window, Monday to Friday prior to 4 p.m. If this doesn't work for you, just let us know! Alternative delivery times may cost around $100 but they can be arranged. Once you select an option, here's the process by which you should expect to receive the desk:
- You'll receive an email once the desk has shipped.
- The freight company will contact the number we have on file about the scheduled delivery.
- When the shipment is removed from the truck, you will be asked to sign for verification and liability purposes. Check the shipment for visible signs of damage, and let us know immediately if anything seems out of order.
Final notes: Always let us know if you have a particular concern or a complex delivery scenario (for example: a tight city street, or travel plans in the near future). We can always customize a shipping quote for you. Also, if you have additional items such as a treadmill, monitor arm, or keyboard tray we are often able to quote assembly for these items so your new standing desk setup is worry and pain free.
If you have any questions, please give us a call at 1-800-531-3746 or chat with us online to speak to one of our ergonomic experts. We'd love to help you design the perfect standing desk setup!
Featured Blog Posts
Interested in ergonomics?