Your Complete Guide to Ergonomic Chairs
So you've finally decided to trade in that uncomfortable office chair for a luxurious, ergonomic chair? That's a great idea! However, shopping for an ergonomic chair can be a complex process, especially when doing so online. That's why we're here to help! Below is a guide to some of our most helpful blog posts, which will go over exactly what to look for in an ergonomic chair and point you to a few office favorites.
What to Look For in an Ergonomic Chair?
Before we get to the question of which chair to shop for, its a good idea to know the basics of ergonomics. For starters, an ergonomic chair can be a huge investment; is it even worth it? We certainly think so! Here are five big reasons why your new chair should be an ergonomic one:
Now that that's decided, this handy blog post will explain exactly what adjustments your chair should have in order to be considered ergonomic:
One other important ergonomic decision is whether or not to get a headrest. This post breaks it down:
Great, so what chair should I get?
That's the big question and we've devoted tons of hours to testing and examining chairs in search of the ideal options. Below are reviews of our most popular chairs, starting with our best seller, the Ergohuman and Ergo Elite:
Another great option is the Steelcase brand. Most of their chairs even come with a free 30 Day Return Policy, so you can test drive the Leap, Amia, or Think risk-free! No matter your budget or needs, there's a Steelcase chair for you:
- Ergonomic Chair Review: The Steelcase Amia
- Ergonomic Chair Review: The Steelcase Leap
- Introducing the New Steelcase Think Chair!
Humanscale is one of the most trusted names in ergonomics and their unique line of office chairs are no different. Created by design pioneer Niels Diffrient, their chairs do most of the hard work of adjusting into a comfortable position for you, removing the need for onerous dials and levers:
- Ergonomic Chair Review: The Humanscale Freedom Chair
- Ergonomic Chair Review: The Humanscale Liberty Chair
- The Humanscale Diffrient World Chair – Probably Cooler Than Your Current Chair
Looking for the ultimate blend of aesthetic design and ergonomic comfort? Sounds like you need a Knoll office chair:
For a chair that's customized to meet every need and health concern you may have, there's no better option than Bodybilt:
Do you want a specific material like mesh or leather? Are you on budget? We've got some ideas for you:
- Mesh Made Easy
- I Look Good in Leather: Leather Ergohuman Chairs
- You Don’t Need to Spend a Fortune to Get a Great Ergonomic Chair
While office chairs are designed to fit the majority of the population, they aren't necessarily one-size-fits-all. If you're taller, shorter, or uniquely proportioned, we've got some excellent options for you:
- Four Great Ergo Chairs for Tall Users
- Ergonomic Chairs for Petite People
- Big and Tall Ergonomic Chair Review: Steelcase Leap Plus
Active sitting is all the rage, as people realize more and more that sitting all day is bad for you. If you're waiting to make the switch to a standing desk, or just want to introduce a little more activity to your workday, these are excellent options:
- I Tried the Swopper for Two Weeks, and Here’s What I Think
- Video: Varier Move Standing Stool Review
- Introducing the Focal Mobis Seat
I've got my ergonomic chair! Now what?
Buying an ergonomic chair is just the first step. Now to adjust it and sit in comfort! Don't worry, we've got your back there too. These blog posts will tell you everything you need to know about getting the most from your ergonomic chair:
- A Step-by-Step Guide for How to Use and Adjust Your Ergonomic Chair
- Top 5 Reasons Why You Need a Footrest Today
- Get Out of the Sitting Cycle with Ergonomics
Visit TheHumanSolution.com to read more about our chairs and chat with an expert to find the right fit for you.
Featured Blog Posts
Interested in ergonomics?