- DesksAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolUPLIFT Desk VideosUPLIFT Desk Photo GalleryCustomer Photo GalleryMost Popular Stand Up DesksQuick Ship Standing DesksUPLIFT Solid Wood Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Stand Up Desk with Reclaimed Wood TopUPLIFT Eco or Laminate Height Adjustable DeskUPLIFT Space Saver Standing DeskUPLIFT Standing DesksUPLIFT Laminate Adjustable Height DesksL-Shaped and Large Corner Standing DesksUPLIFT Treadmill DesksUPLIFT ProUPLIFT Base Only Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesUPLIFT Eco Corner Sit-Stand Desk with L-Shaped TopShop other UPLIFT desks >>
- ChairsMesh ChairsBig and Tall Office ChairsPetite Office ChairsErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsSit Stand SeatingHigh Back ChairsChairs with HeadrestsMid Back ChairsTask ChairsLeather ChairsExecutive ChairsKneeling ChairsIntensive Use ChairsUPLIFT Motion StoolShop all popular chairs >>
- Workstation AccessoriesUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesMonitor ArmsKeyboard TrayCPU Holder and Computer MountErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic MouseStorage and OrganizationErgonomic Foot RestsDesk Corner SleeveAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesSee all UPLIFT accessories >>
- BrandsUPLIFT Standing DesksHumanscaleSteelcaseRaynor EurotechKnollBalt ProductsBodybilt ChairsergoCentric ChairsErgotechESI ErgonomicsEvoluentExtech InstrumentsFocal Upright FurnitureGoldtouchHealth Postures Computer TaskmateHOGGANergoThe Human SolutionInnovative Office ProductsISE ErgonomicsKinesis ErgonomicsMaylineMatias ProductsMark-10Neutral PostureNightingaleNOTRAX Anti-Fatigue Floor MattingOffice StarPosturiteUPLIFT DeskShop all brands >>
- Ergonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Office Desk, Chair and Keyboard Height CalculatorAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolThe Human Solution Blog -- Tips for a Healthier OfficeErgonomic Chair Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Office ChairMonitor Arm Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Monitor ArmKeyboard Tray Buying Guide: How to Select a Keyboard TrayErgonomic desk, chair and keyboard height calculatorSee more ergonomic tools >>
- MoreChairsDesksTreadmill DesksKeyboard TrayMonitor ArmsErgonomic MouseErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic Foot RestsTask LightWorkstation AccessoriesMac Compatible Ergonomic ProductsPlantronics HeadsetsLaptop ErgonomicsBudget ErgonomicsHumanscale ViewPoint Technology Wall StationsHealthcare Monitor ArmsHealthcare Chairs and StoolsHealthcare Keyboard TraysHealthcare Anti-Fatigue MatsUPLIFT Standing DesksAssessment ToolsIndustrial Equipment ToolAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsHand Trucks and DolliesErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsErgonomic SoftwareMaterial Handling EquipmentDesk Edge ProtectorErgonomic StoolsAdjustable TableEntrance and Carpet MatsErgoKitAnthropometric Testing EquipmentForce GaugeHand DynamometerPinch DynamometerSensory Evaluation ToolThermo-hygrometerSound Level MeterLight MeterGoniometer and InclinometerEMGStopwatchTorque Testers and Torque GaugesScaleErgonomic SoftwarePocket ErgoErgonomic Consulting & Assessment ServicesVibration Meters
Penguin Vertical Mouse - Wireless Small
The Penguin Vertical Mouse - Wireless Small gives your hand relief from the tendon-wrenching clamp grip that causes fatigue, repetitive strain injuries and carpal tunnel, and transitions you to a more ergonomically-correct sideways alignment. Its contoured design provides a resting area for your thumb and index finger and intuitive left and right-click mean there is a minimal learning curve. Prevent long-term damage to your hand and shoulder with this handsome tuxedoed wireless vertical mouse. The Penguin Vertical Mouse - Wireless Small is available in wired and wireless versions, and in small, medium, and large sizes. See below for more information.Read More...
Experience the relief that only a natural mousing grip can offer, by switching to the Penguin Vertical Mouse - Wireless Small. The Penguin Mouse is easy to set up and offers precision mousing with laser tracking and variable DPI settings. With USB compatibility for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux operating systems, it's ready to go right out of the box. Unlike most ergonomic mice, the Penguin Vertical Mouse - Wireless Small can be used by either left-handed or right-handed users, making it an excellent option for shared computers or for users interested in ambidextrous mousing.
Features - Penguin Vertical Mouse - Wireless Small
- Naturally comfortable vertical alignment encourages more ergonomic operating position
- Ambidextrous design with central "bow-tie" switch allows for transition between left and right-handed operation
- Symmetrical base enables user to rest either hand alongside vertical structure, encouraging use of larger forearm and upper arm muscles to maneuver mouse, with precision finer movements performed by hand or finger muscles
- Easy and precise scroll wheel for fast and accurate document scrolling (also includes auto-scroll feature)
- Performance laser tracking with variable DPI settings (400, 600, 800, 1600) allows flexibility for different types of applications
- Plug and Play USB 2.0 compatability for Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X and Linux
- 2 year manufacturer warranty
- Available in wireless or wired versions, with small, medium or large sizes:
Professor Ergo's Thoughts:
The traditional mouse is quickly becoming a thing of the past, thanks to improved research on the mechanics of the muscles leading from your hands to your wrist, all the way to the shoulders. As it turns out, gripping a mouse is an unnatural motion, one that can lead to a variety of strain injuries, especially when compounded over long periods of time. A vertical mouse such as Posturite's Penguin Mouse has been designed to reduce such fatigue. If you've been experiencing any kind of hand, wrist or arm pain, try one for yourself and you'll be amazed at the amount of relief you experience.
April 25, 2014
I really love the shape of the mouse, it really helps prevent the numbness that occurs when I use a regular mouse. The only thing that I am disappointed about is that the mouse occassionally seems to skip; I will be at one place and all of the sudden it skips to somewhere else on the page. I sometimes have to turn it off to get it to work again even when fully charged. It is also a little too high to fit on a keyboard drawer, it has to be removed prior to closing the drawer; I have the small version.