- DesksAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolUPLIFT Desk VideosUPLIFT Desk Photo GalleryCustomer Photo GalleryMost Popular Stand Up DesksQuick Ship Standing DesksUPLIFT Solid Wood Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Stand Up Desk with Reclaimed Wood TopUPLIFT Eco or Laminate Height Adjustable DeskUPLIFT Space Saver Standing DeskUPLIFT Standing DesksUPLIFT Laminate Adjustable Height DesksL-Shaped and Large Corner Standing DesksUPLIFT Treadmill DesksUPLIFT ProUPLIFT Base Only Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesUPLIFT Eco Corner Sit-Stand Desk with L-Shaped TopShop other UPLIFT desks >>
- ChairsMesh ChairsBig and Tall Office ChairsPetite Office ChairsErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsSit Stand SeatingHigh Back ChairsChairs with HeadrestsMid Back ChairsTask ChairsLeather ChairsExecutive ChairsKneeling ChairsIntensive Use ChairsUPLIFT Motion StoolShop all popular chairs >>
- Workstation AccessoriesUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesMonitor ArmsKeyboard TrayCPU Holder and Computer MountErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic MouseStorage and OrganizationErgonomic Foot RestsDesk Corner SleeveAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesSee all UPLIFT accessories >>
- BrandsUPLIFT Standing DesksHumanscaleSteelcaseRaynor EurotechKnollAllseatingBalt ProductsBodybilt ChairsergoCentric ChairsErgotechESI ErgonomicsEvoluentExtech InstrumentsFocal Upright FurnitureGoldtouchHealth ChairHOGGANergoThe Human SolutionInnovative Office ProductsISE ErgonomicsKinesis ErgonomicsMaylineMatias ProductsMark-10NaturalPointNeutral PostureNightingaleNOTRAX Anti-Fatigue Floor MattingOffice StarPosturitePlantronics HeadsetsUPLIFT DeskShop all brands >>
- Ergonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Office Desk, Chair and Keyboard Height CalculatorAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolPocket Ergo - Internet Based SoftwarePocket Ergo Internet Based Software with Amazon Fire TabletThe Human Solution Blog -- Tips for a Healthier OfficeErgonomic Chair Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Office ChairMonitor Arm Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Monitor ArmKeyboard Tray Buying Guide: How to Select a Keyboard TrayErgonomic desk, chair and keyboard height calculatorSee more ergonomic tools >>
- MoreChairsDesksTreadmill DesksKeyboard TrayMonitor ArmsErgonomic MouseErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic Foot RestsTask LightWorkstation AccessoriesMac Compatible Ergonomic ProductsPlantronics HeadsetsLaptop ErgonomicsBudget ErgonomicsHumanscale ViewPoint Technology Wall StationsHealthcare Monitor ArmsHealthcare Chairs and StoolsHealthcare Keyboard TraysHealthcare Anti-Fatigue MatsUPLIFT Standing DesksAssessment ToolsIndustrial Equipment ToolAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsHand Trucks and DolliesErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsErgonomic SoftwareMaterial Handling EquipmentDesk Edge ProtectorErgonomic StoolsCasters & WheelsAdjustable TableEntrance and Carpet MatsErgoKitAnthropometric Testing EquipmentForce GaugeHand DynamometerPinch DynamometerSensory Evaluation ToolThermo-hygrometerSound Level MeterLight MeterGoniometer and InclinometerEMGStopwatchTorque Testers and Torque GaugesScaleErgonomic SoftwarePocket Ergo®Ergonomic Consulting & Assessment ServicesVibration Meters
Steelcase Leap Chair - Base Model & Armless
Steelcase Leap chair designers researched how people sit for over four years. The result is the Leap chair's Liveback technology which allows the chair to adjust dynamically, mimicking the movement of your spine. The Leap chair's seat moves when you move; the back moves when your spine moves. The result - a chair that is amazingly comfortable. The Steelcase Leap chair also has an unusually wide range of adjustment, allowing this chair to fit the broadest range of people possible. This product listing is for the base model in black with black fabric and no arms.
The Leap chair charters new territory in the world of ergonomic chairs with its Liveback technology, creating a chair that intuitively moves as you shift positions while offering extreme comfort and support. The patented Liveback technology recognizes that your upper back and lower back move independently of each other and that for maximum comfort, the chair needs to support this movement. Dynamic upper and lower support mechanisms mimic the unique movements of different individuals resulting in greater comfort and support over extended periods of time.
The Steelcase Leap chair is also good for the environment and has earned the Silver Cradle to Cradle certification, as well as the SCS Indoor Advantage designation for indoor air quality. The Leap chair is 98% recyclable by weight, and may be constructed of up to 30% recycled materials.
Note: This product listing is for the base model in black, with black fabric and no arms. For more fabric and leather choices, frame color choices, caster options and arms, please see our main listing for the Steelcase Leap chair.
Steelcase Leap Chair Features
- Responsive LiveBack Technology: The Leap's padded, contoured chair back flexes as you move to provide constant ergonomic back support. Stay seated in total comfort while the Leap's LiveBack Technology promotes a healthy posture, no matter your position.
- Upper Back Force Adjustment: Customize the resistance you feel as you recline in the Leap chair with an intuitive dial on the left side of chair. This makes rocking back and forth more comfortable.
- Lower Back Firmness Adjustment: Add even more lumbar support by adjusting the lower back firmness, which supports your lower back and helps prevent hunching and lower back sagging.
- Natural Seat Glide: This features promotes spinal health by allowing the Leap Chair's seat to glide forward as you lean back, which keeps your posture at a supported and comfortable level.
- Cooling Comfort: The Leap Chair's back foam and progressive back slat system also keep you cool and comfortable, so you get the breathability of a mesh chair with the superior support of a foam padded upholstered chair.
|Overall chair height||38.5" - 43.5" H|
|Seat height||16" - 20.5" H|
|Back height from seat||25" H|
|Seat width||19.25" W|
|Seat Depth||15.75"- 18.75" D|
|Back width||18" W|
|Arm Width||15" - 20" W, pivot adjustment adds 2.25" for total range of 12.75" - 20" W|
|Weight Limit||400 lbs.|
- Seat Height Raise or lower the seat to match your height
- Seat Depth Change the seat depth to match the length of your thighs
- Dynamic Mechanism A dynamic reclining mechanism that provides support and encourages motion without adjustment levers
- Tilt Tension Increase or decrease the recline tension to match your body weight
- Chair Tilt Lock Allows you to lock your chair at a comfortable working angle
- Arm Height Adjust the chair arm height to match your natural elbow height
- Arm Width Arms adjust inward and outward to match your body width
- Arm Elbow Pivot Arms pivot inward and outward from the elbow, giving better support for keyboarding tasks
- Lumbar Raise or flatten the curvature of your lumbar support
- Waterfall Seat Edge Contoured or flexible seat edge reduces pressure at the backs of the knees
- Adjustable Headrest Raise or lower the headrest to match your height. Some headrests may also feature depth adjustment
- Contoured Cushions Contoured cushions follow the natural curvature of your body helping to evenly disperse pressure and give full support
- Seat Height Raise or lower the seat to match your height
Professor Ergo's Thoughts:
The Leap chair has a very comfortable seat support and a great back tilt. It is very adjustable and has intuitive controls. The seat slide works flawlessly and this chair has world class armrests. The Leap and Amia are the chairs I personally sit in all day. The only problem we have seen is the lumbar support tends to float downward on its own in our demo chair and we need to occasionally raise it back up. This is a best in class ergonomic chair.