Clean design and versatility are just some of the features that make the Chadwick Chair by Knoll so loved by users all over.
This mesh chair, designed by the creator of the original ergo chair, combines supreme functionality with built-in lumbar support for all-day seating you can rely on. Breathability reigns here due to the mesh seat and back, delivering you comfort and ergonomics made friendly in one chair. The Chadwick's revolutionary active suspension system offers support that consists of a synchronized tilt mechanism that works in conjunction with its mesh suspension fabric. The tilt mechanism allows for a natural recline, and comes with customizable tension that cradles your lumbar region throughout your entire range of movement.
For supremely personalized seating, look no further than the Knoll Chadwick Chair.
- Elastomeric construction conforms to your body's shape and reduces pressure points
- Variable seat depth automatically adjusts to fit users of different sizes
- Forward seat tilt adjusts automatically to allow users to sit forward while typing
- Built-in lumbar support delivers reliable and flexible support as you move
- Arm pads flex to offer additional "give" to eliminate pressure points on arms
- Standard adjustable arms offer lever-free 2.5" height adjustment
- Soft molded tension adjustment knob
|Standard chair height||37.5" - 42"|
|Task chair height||44.5" - 52"|
|Adjustable arm height from seat||6.96" - 9.4" (standard)
8.3" - 10.8" (tall)
|Fixed arm height||8.5"|
|Recline range||94-123 °|
|Base diameter||27.3" (standard)
|Weight||36 lbs (standard)
41 lbs (task)
|Warranty||12 years limited|
Available for non-task applications such as conference room use.
Height and width adjustable arms
User-friendly and include height adjustability and armpad-width positioning.
- No lever required to adjust the height; simply move the arms up in five 0.5'' increments for a total of 2.5''
- To lower the arms, lift them to the highest point and pull up firmly; they will return to the lowest point
- Leverless and easy-to-maneuver arm height adjustment
- Using a 5/32'' Allen wrench, the armpads can be moved outward 0.5'' or inward 0.5'' from center for a total of 1"
Tall height and width adjustable arms
Tall arms give 0.75" more height to the arm to meet the BIFMA tall end of the range. As with the seat height cylinder, BIFMA allows manufacturers to meet the specification with one or more arms
If you choose no arms for your Chadwick Chair, arms can be added at a later time.
The tilt stop is an upright tilt limiter. When specified, it is the lever on the left side of the chair. The in-and-out lever design operates with an audible click so the user knows that the adjustment has been activated, whereby "in" is engaged, "out" is not engaged.
The Chadwick has an optional patent-pending lumbar support cleverly designed to attach to the chair with magnets, making it simple to retrofit. The magnetic attachment also enables the lumbar numerous adjustability options. The pad is made of a soft thermoplastic elastomer and is amply shaped (11" x 4.25") for a greater lumbar support area.
With a sculpted lever, the seat height adjustment is easy to find and operate. Like many chairs, the Chadwick also has two other cylinder options, low and high, to meet the entire Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturers Association (BIFMA) range. Knoll also offers a drafting chair option on the Chadwick.
|Standard seat height range||15.9'' - 20'' H|
|Low seat height range||15'' - 19.1'' H|
|Tall seat height range||16.9'' - 21.6'' H|
|Drafting chair seat height range||23.25'' - 30.75'' H|
The Chadwick's proprietary elastomeric suspension fabric comes in three different colors.
Select carpet or hard floor casters. Glides are also available on the Chadwick ergonomic chair if casters are not necessary.
Knoll No Cancellation Policy
As an authorized Knoll dealer, we do not accept cancellations, order revisions or returns for any Knoll items ordered.
Please make sure you are ordering the correct Knoll item and the correct Knoll item configuration before placing your order. If you have any questions about the Knoll products we offer or about the no cancellations, revisions or returns policy on Knoll items, please call us at 800-531-3746 before ordering. We're happy to answer any question you may have about Knoll products or about Knoll's no cancellations/revisions/returns policy.
Customers attempting to cancel, revise or return an order for a Knoll product from Human Solution will be subject to significant Knoll manufacturer change/cancellation fees for the order or orders.
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Just got my chair today, a few things I have noticed so far:
1. Nice looking chair, sturdy and well built.
2. It really does move with you, I can sort of "dance" to my background music when I am working, that is a big plus.
1. The "spring loaded armrests" are just padded armrests, no "springiness" involved, a bit misleading.
2. The tilt tension mechanism is not situated in a way to make it easy to access. Presumably you would only need to "set it and forget it" but someone will have to do it for you while you are seated in the chair.
3. In the taller task chair the foot rest ring is not included in the instructions (which are scanty for a $1000 chair!), you have to hold in the clamp and manually move it - took 2 of us to do it.
4. The lumbar support is very cleverly made but too hard to be comfortable for me, I will have to add a padded cover to it.
5. There should be a disclaimer ON THE PURCHASE PAGE that you CANNOT RETURN KNOLL PRODUCTS. I would return it it I could - it's not a bad chair, just not worth what I paid for it (about $1000 including the options).
Excellent chair. Purchased the high task version and chose over Herman Miller Aeron. Arrived fully assembled but did take 6 weeks from order to delivery.
Just got 2 knoll chadwick chairs for my home office!!!
We absolutely love them!
Very comfortable, & super light, but very well made!!
This product comes standard with a 12-year limited warranty.
- Due to manufacturer policy, this item cannot be returned once received nor cancelled once ordered.
- Please contact us with any questions about this product before you order.
- To view the full returns policy on Knoll products, click here.