Professor Ergo's Biography
Our founder, Jon Paulsen, a Certified Professional Ergonomist, started Human Solution in 2002 with the intent of designing, making, and bringing ergonomic adjustable-height standing desks to the world.
Jon Paulsen, MS, CPE
Jon Paulsen received his Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Utah in 1993. He also received his Master of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering with a specialization in Ergonomics from the same University in 1996.
As a Mechanical Engineer for Albertsons, he helped optimize material handling processes and reduced ergonomic risk in large scale distribution center operations. Later he worked as an Ergonomic Consultant within various industries including manufacturing, warehouse, mining, and refinery operations. He joined Applied Materials in 1997 and directed a team of ergonomists as managing ergonomist in the Industrial Engineering department for eight years and owned all Cleanroom Manufacturing in the Volume Manufacturing and Assembly Line Operations. Most recently he is President and Lead Ergonomist for SquareGrove®, LLC (dba Human Solution®, UPLIFT Desk, and Ergonomic Chair Pro) in Austin, Texas where he does ergonomic consulting and business development. Human Solution® Office Furniture (a division of SquareGrove, LLC) is headquartered in Austin, Texas, and has been in operation since 2002.
Mr. Paulsen is a Lean Manufacturing and Tooling Design expert. He has completed hundreds of ergonomic assessments and implemented corrective actions to reduce risk. He specializes in tooling design for factory, refinery, cleanroom, and assembly line manufacturing operations. He has developed many powered and manual tools that are Best Known Methods in manufacturing, mining, and factory environments.
Mr. Paulsen received certificate #1129 from the Board of Certification in Professional Ergonomics (BCPE) as a Certified Professional Ergonomist. He is a member of the Institute for Industrial Engineers and the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society.
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering, June 1996 Specialization: Human Factors/Ergonomics: University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, June 1993: University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
- Certified Professional Ergonomist, April 2003, certificate #1129 from the Board of Certification in Professional Ergonomics, Inc.
- 2005 National Ergonomic Conference and Exposition (NECE) Attendees' Choice Nominee for designing and producing the Ergokit, ergonomic assessment equipment kit and Pocket Ergo ergonomic assessment software for phones, tablets, laptops, and computers
- Mr. Paulsen designed and developed Pocket Ergo, ergonomic assessment software that operates on any device with an internet connection, including iPad and Android tablets, smartphones, computers, and laptops
- Best Known Methods for reducing push/pull forces through caster and material handling equipment design