- DesksAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolUPLIFT Desk VideosUPLIFT Desk Photo GalleryCustomer Photo GalleryMost Popular Stand Up DesksQuick Ship Standing DesksUPLIFT Solid Wood Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Stand Up Desk with Reclaimed Wood TopUPLIFT Eco or Laminate Height Adjustable DeskUPLIFT Space Saver Standing DeskUPLIFT Standing DesksUPLIFT Laminate Adjustable Height DesksL-Shaped and Large Corner Standing DesksUPLIFT Treadmill DesksUPLIFT ProUPLIFT Base Only Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesUPLIFT Eco Corner Sit-Stand Desk with L-Shaped TopShop other UPLIFT desks >>
- ChairsMesh ChairsBig and Tall Office ChairsPetite Office ChairsErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsSit Stand SeatingHigh Back ChairsChairs with HeadrestsMid Back ChairsTask ChairsLeather ChairsExecutive ChairsKneeling ChairsIntensive Use ChairsHumanscale FreedomShop all popular chairs >>
- Workstation AccessoriesUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesMonitor ArmsKeyboard TrayCPU Holder and Computer MountErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic MouseStorage and OrganizationErgonomic Foot RestsDesk Corner SleeveAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesSee all UPLIFT accessories >>
- BrandsUPLIFT Standing DesksHumanscaleSteelcaseRaynor EurotechKnollAllseatingBalt ProductsBodybilt ChairsergoCentric ChairsErgotechESI ErgonomicsEvoluentExtech InstrumentsFocal Upright FurnitureGoldtouchHealth ChairHOGGANergoThe Human SolutionInnovative Office ProductsISE ErgonomicsKinesis ErgonomicsMaylineMatias ProductsMark-10NaturalPointNeutral PostureNightingaleNOTRAX Anti-Fatigue Floor MattingOffice StarPosturitePlantronics HeadsetsUPLIFT DeskShop all brands >>
- Ergonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Office Desk, Chair and Keyboard Height CalculatorAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolPocket Ergo - Internet Based SoftwarePocket Ergo Internet Based Software with Amazon Fire TabletThe Human Solution Blog -- Tips for a Healthier OfficeErgonomic Chair Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Office ChairMonitor Arm Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Monitor ArmKeyboard Tray Buying Guide: How to Select a Keyboard TrayErgonomic desk, chair and keyboard height calculatorSee more ergonomic tools >>
- MoreChairsDesksTreadmill DesksKeyboard TrayMonitor ArmsErgonomic MouseErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic Foot RestsTask LightWorkstation AccessoriesMac Compatible Ergonomic ProductsPlantronics HeadsetsLaptop ErgonomicsBudget ErgonomicsHumanscale ViewPoint Technology Wall StationsHealthcare Monitor ArmsHealthcare Chairs and StoolsHealthcare Keyboard TraysHealthcare Anti-Fatigue MatsUPLIFT Standing DesksAssessment ToolsIndustrial Equipment ToolAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsHand Trucks and DolliesErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsErgonomic SoftwareMaterial Handling EquipmentDesk Edge ProtectorErgonomic StoolsCasters & WheelsAdjustable TableEntrance and Carpet MatsErgoKitAnthropometric Testing EquipmentForce GaugeHand DynamometerPinch DynamometerSensory Evaluation ToolThermo-hygrometerSound Level MeterLight MeterGoniometer and InclinometerEMGStopwatchTorque Testers and Torque GaugesScaleErgonomic SoftwarePocket Ergo®Ergonomic Consulting & Assessment ServicesVibration Meters
Knoll Generation Chair
The Knoll Generation Chair is a popular and flexible ergonomic office chair that is designed for the modern, dynamic workplace. The Generation Chair moves and flexes with the user to promote good posture and easy movement while providing excellent ergonomic comfort and support. The progressive Knoll Generation Chair features a padded seat and a flexible, breathable back with an elastic design. These features allow the user to sit in any position without sacrificing back support or comfort.Read More...
|Choose Options Below||click on for more info|
The Knoll Generation Chair is available armless or with three optional types of armrests:
Fixed-height arm: Arms and arm pads are non-adjustable.
Height adjustable arm: Arms adjust over a 4.5" height range. Arm pads are non-adjustable.
High performance arm: Arms adjust 4.5" as well as pivot 45°, move 1" in width and 1.5" in depth.
Select either a plastic base to match the frame color or a polished aluminum base.
Cylinders are available in three heights. Seat height ranges are listed below:
|Thin Seat Foam||Ultra Seat Foam|
|Standard||16.5" - 21.75"||17.25" - 22.5"|
|Low||15" - 19.5"||15.75" - 20.25"|
|High||17.75" - 23.25"||18.5" - 24"|
This padded lumbar support moves up and down within a 2.5" range to accommodate a variety of users.
There are three caster options:
- Hard casters for use on soft floor surfaces
- Soft casters for use on hard flooring
- Glides (reduce chair height by 0.25")
Dark and light frame finishes are available.
The back of the Knoll Generation Chair is made of a high performance elastomer. This durable back provides dynamic support that responds to users' movements.
The seat cushion foam is available in two thicknesses: thin and ultra.
Generation fabric is made specially for the Knoll Generation ergonomic chair. It is 100% polyester and certified for 100,000+ double rubs.
Volo leather is a lightly corrected, aniline leather. The correction process refines the surface so it better accepts grain enhancement. Volo grade U leather receives a special retannage. This tightens the grain and provides a finer hand than other corrected leathers.
Sabrina leather is a full grain leather. It receives a special retannage which makes it a smooth, tight grain and supple leather. Sabrina is an excellent choice for both elegance and high traffic use. The average thickness is .9 - 1mm, and the average weight is 2.25 - 2.5 oz per square foot.
- Click here to chat to get answers to your questions!
The Knoll Generation Chair is designed with movement in mind. This flexible and progressive ergonomic chair uses an innovative high-performance elastic material to make up its unique Flex back, which promotes good posture in almost any position. The Generation Chair's back stays breathable and it flexes as the user moves. The back material does not crumble or sag over time and the back's ergonomic design supports the shoulders, lumbar area and the spine.
This ultra-modern chair is high on style and functionality. The Knoll Generation Chair makes is easy to get comfortable with intuitive adjustment controls. It also features a comfortable and depth adjustable padded seat and an optional "ultra" seat cushion for more padding. The optional enhanced arms are width and depth adjustable and they pivot for changing tasks and positions. The Generation is also light and built with fewer parts than most other office chairs, making it an environmentally friendly option.
Features - Knoll Generation Ergonomic Chair
- High performance elastomer in flex net back and dynamic suspension control are extremely user-friendly
- Height adjustable arms provide lumbar support when sitting sideways
- Flex back top and figure 8 structure to allow multi-dimensional movement
- Construction with fewer parts and processes than comparable chairs
Knoll Generation Chair Technical Specifications
|Height range||39.25" - 44.5"
Glides reduce height by 0.25"
28.5" with arms
|Arm height range||22.75" - 32.5"|
|Weight limit||300 lbs|
|Warranty||12-year manufacturer's warranty|
Disclaimer: We do not accept cancellations or order revisions for any Knoll items ordered. See Knoll's No Cancellations or Revisions Policy for details.
- Seat Height Raise or lower the seat to match your height
- Seat Depth Change the seat depth to match the length of your thighs
- Synchro-Tilt Movement Backrest reclines at a faster rate than the seat, opening your posture and promoting healthy movement
- Dynamic Mechanism A dynamic reclining mechanism that provides support and encourages motion without adjustment levers
- Tilt Tension Increase or decrease the recline tension to match your body weight
- Arm Height Adjust the chair arm height to match your natural elbow height
- Arm Width Arms adjust inward and outward to match your body width
- Arm Elbow Pivot Arms pivot inward and outward from the elbow, giving better support for keyboarding tasks
- Lumbar Raise or flatten the curvature of your lumbar support
- Waterfall Seat Edge Contoured or flexible seat edge reduces pressure at the backs of the knees
- Contoured Cushions Contoured cushions follow the natural curvature of your body helping to evenly disperse pressure and give full support
- Seat Height Raise or lower the seat to match your height
Video Review - Knoll Generation Chair
Check out our video review of the Knoll Generation chair below.
Professor Ergo's Thoughts:
The Knoll Generation chair is perfect for those looking for a truly modern, progressive and flexible ergonomic office chair. True to the Knoll brand, the Generation Chair offers unique, eye-catching style and a light, easy-to-move frame that's great for collaborative environments. Plus, its shaped to provide excellent back support and promote healthy postures all day.
New York, NY
I would recommend this item to a friend.
Best Chair EVER!
December 19, 2014
I recently bought 3 of the KNOLL GENERATION CHAIRS for my office and WOW, what a difference compared to what we had beforehand! It provides amazing lumbar support, in addition to a very ergonomic design. Most importantly, it looks awesome behind my desk. :)
Almost the perfect chair
July 24, 2011
I am a computer programmer and work from my house several days a week. I wanted to make an investment on a very high quality "perfect" chair. This is almost it. I have owned the chair since early May 2011. It is indeed very comfortable. I really appreciate the way the seating surface and back support give and move with the way you are sitting. It certainly makes a long day so much better than a cheaper chair. I only gave it four star simply because of the price to own the chair. It took over 6 weeks for delivery (made to order I suppose). The fit and finish isn't exactly what I would expect on a chair of this caliber. There are several sharp edges on the seat bottom and the arm rests don't adjust very easily (behave like they need lubricant). Don't misunderstand it's not poor craftsmanship. I think it just needs some polish and refining. Then maybe it will be the perfect chair.
Looks good, nice ride
April 20, 2011
Had my knoll generation chair for about a month and my only complaint is that I didn't order the super adjustable arms. I'm all over the place in this chair - dig the flexible back... just wish I had gotten the arms that move around more to work with me sitting sideways, backwards, etc. Chair looks great in my office, and it's the most comfortable chair I've owned - well worth the wait.