- DesksAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolUPLIFT Desk VideosUPLIFT Desk Photo GalleryCustomer Photo GalleryMost Popular Stand Up DesksQuick Ship Standing DesksUPLIFT Solid Wood Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Stand Up Desk with Reclaimed Wood TopUPLIFT Eco or Laminate Height Adjustable DeskUPLIFT Space Saver Standing DeskUPLIFT Standing DesksUPLIFT Laminate Adjustable Height DesksL-Shaped and Large Corner Standing DesksUPLIFT Treadmill DesksUPLIFT ProUPLIFT Base Only Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesUPLIFT Eco Corner Sit-Stand Desk with L-Shaped TopShop other UPLIFT desks >>
- ChairsMesh ChairsBig and Tall Office ChairsPetite Office ChairsErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsSit Stand SeatingHigh Back ChairsChairs with HeadrestsMid Back ChairsTask ChairsLeather ChairsExecutive ChairsKneeling ChairsIntensive Use ChairsUPLIFT Motion StoolShop all popular chairs >>
- Workstation AccessoriesUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesMonitor ArmsKeyboard TrayCPU Holder and Computer MountErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic MouseStorage and OrganizationErgonomic Foot RestsDesk Corner SleeveAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesSee all UPLIFT accessories >>
- BrandsUPLIFT Standing DesksHumanscaleSteelcaseRaynor EurotechKnollAllseatingBalt ProductsBodybilt ChairsergoCentric ChairsErgotechESI ErgonomicsEvoluentExtech InstrumentsFocal Upright FurnitureGoldtouchHealth ChairHOGGANergoThe Human SolutionInnovative Office ProductsISE ErgonomicsKinesis ErgonomicsMaylineMatias ProductsMark-10NaturalPointNeutral PostureNightingaleNOTRAX Anti-Fatigue Floor MattingOffice StarPosturitePlantronics HeadsetsUPLIFT DeskShop all brands >>
- Ergonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Office Desk, Chair and Keyboard Height CalculatorAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolPocket Ergo - Internet Based SoftwarePocket Ergo Internet Based Software with Amazon Fire TabletThe Human Solution Blog -- Tips for a Healthier OfficeErgonomic Chair Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Office ChairMonitor Arm Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Monitor ArmKeyboard Tray Buying Guide: How to Select a Keyboard TrayErgonomic desk, chair and keyboard height calculatorSee more ergonomic tools >>
- MoreChairsDesksTreadmill DesksKeyboard TrayMonitor ArmsErgonomic MouseErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic Foot RestsTask LightWorkstation AccessoriesMac Compatible Ergonomic ProductsPlantronics HeadsetsLaptop ErgonomicsBudget ErgonomicsHumanscale ViewPoint Technology Wall StationsHealthcare Monitor ArmsHealthcare Chairs and StoolsHealthcare Keyboard TraysHealthcare Anti-Fatigue MatsUPLIFT Standing DesksAssessment ToolsIndustrial Equipment ToolAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsHand Trucks and DolliesErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsErgonomic SoftwareMaterial Handling EquipmentDesk Edge ProtectorErgonomic StoolsCasters & WheelsAdjustable TableEntrance and Carpet MatsErgoKitAnthropometric Testing EquipmentForce GaugeHand DynamometerPinch DynamometerSensory Evaluation ToolThermo-hygrometerSound Level MeterLight MeterGoniometer and InclinometerEMGStopwatchTorque Testers and Torque GaugesScaleErgonomic SoftwarePocket Ergo®Ergonomic Consulting & Assessment ServicesVibration Meters
SmartNav 4 AT Hands Free Mouse
The SmartNav 4 AT Hands Free Mouse offers a completely hands-free solution for controlling your computer. It is an excellent choice for gamers and people with ALS, spinal cord injuries, muscular problems, or other special needs. The SmartNav 4 AT comes with everything you need to control your computer using only the motion of your head, including dwell clicking software and a virtual keyboard.
Natural Point has discontinued this item.
Shop our selection of Hands-Free Ergonomic Mice to find a great replacement.
- Click here to chat to get answers to your questions!
The SmartNav 4 AT Hands Free Mouse is the ideal solution for those seeking a hands-free way to control a computer. Using an infrared sensor and a piece of reflective material attached to some type of headgear, this ergonomic mouse has been designed to compliment the natural movement of your head. Moving your head less than a quarter inch can move the cursor across the entire screen. Built-in dwell clicking software provides users a way to perform functions such as clicking, dragging and double clicking all with only head movement. The virtual keyboard allows you to type onscreen using the SmartNav. The mouse may be used with a palm click switch, a foot switch or a Kinesis foot pedal as well. These features make it the perfect hands-free mouse for those who cannot use their hands at all to operate a computer. Users with use of their hands simply looking to minimize strain may prefer the SmartNav 4 EG Mouse instead.
SmartNav 4 AT Hands Free Mice Features
- High resolution for sensitivity to natural head motion
- Dwell clicking software included
- Built-in virtual keyboard
- Compatibility with palm switches, foot switches and foot pedals
- Six foot range
- Improved mounting options including a tripod
- Included accessories: 26 reflective dots, Y breakout cable for switches, mounting clip
How the SmartNav Works
The SmartNav senses a reflective dot (either placed on your head or something else like a mic boom), a reflective area on the SmartNav Tracking Hat, or the reflective dot on a SmartNav sensor ring. Simple motions move the mouse cursor. The Smartnav usually sits on top of your monitor, but it can be placed any place that it can still "see" the reflective accessory you are using.
There are a number of ways you can "click" with the SmartNav, depending upon which model you purchase. The SmartNav AT offers the most flexibility as you can "click" with a keyboard hot key, one of the optional click switches, with voice clicking or with the included Dwell Click software: it allows you to click by hovering the cursor in a specific spot. The EG model does not include the Dwell Click software.
Download more information
- Windows OS
- 500 MHz processor
- USB connectivity
October 10, 2012
This is a wonderful product The only problem is that not install on a Laptop correctly.
The best bargain of the year!
September 22, 2010
I'm unable to type or mouse for long without serious pain. I've been using speech recognition software for several years, but I find it awkward to use browsers and many other programs by voice control. Several months ago, I found out about SmartNav devices and quickly realized that this was the missing link that could allow me to operate my computer with minimal pain and stress. It's so easy and intuitive for me to maneuver the cursor around the screen and click on any button or link using dwell clicking. With the installed Click-N-Type keyboard, I can even write messages (such as this!) if I wish to rest my voice. The price seems quite small compared to the long-term freedom SmartNav 4 AT is giving me to continue using my computer several hours a day--and to continue earning a living (as a professional editor and writer)!
November 14, 2009
This product has opened up a whole new world for my quidepeligic daughter. She is able to expand her horizons from her hospital bed. She loves it. The only problem is the way it mounts on the computer not real sturdy. I add velcro dots to hold it on the top of her lap top other than that very simple for her to use. loving it. Thanks so much.
Opens a whole new world
October 4, 2009
I bought the SmarNavt 4 for my quidepeligic daughter who is still on the vent and has a trak and has been in the hospital for 3 1/2 years. She is very alert and from day one of receiving the SmartNav 4 has been able to use it. SmartNav 4 has opened a whole new world for her from her hospital bed. The only thing we don't like about the SmartNav4 is the way you mount it onto the computer. We worry that it is going to fall off & get broken. The mount doesn't seem to be dependable. So far it's ok but we have only had it for one week. Is there another way to mount the SmartNav4 on the laptop?