- DesksAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolUPLIFT Desk VideosUPLIFT Desk Photo GalleryCustomer Photo GalleryMost Popular Stand Up DesksQuick Ship Standing DesksUPLIFT Solid Wood Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Stand Up Desk with Reclaimed Wood TopUPLIFT Eco or Laminate Height Adjustable DeskUPLIFT Space Saver Standing DeskUPLIFT Standing DesksUPLIFT Laminate Adjustable Height DesksL-Shaped and Large Corner Standing DesksUPLIFT Treadmill DesksUPLIFT ProUPLIFT Base Only Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesUPLIFT Eco Corner Sit-Stand Desk with L-Shaped TopShop other UPLIFT desks >>
- ChairsMesh ChairsBig and Tall Office ChairsPetite Office ChairsErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsSit Stand SeatingHigh Back ChairsChairs with HeadrestsMid Back ChairsTask ChairsLeather ChairsExecutive ChairsKneeling ChairsIntensive Use ChairsUPLIFT Motion StoolShop all popular chairs >>
- Workstation AccessoriesUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesMonitor ArmsKeyboard TrayCPU Holder and Computer MountErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic MouseStorage and OrganizationErgonomic Foot RestsDesk Corner SleeveAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesSee all UPLIFT accessories >>
- BrandsUPLIFT Standing DesksHumanscaleSteelcaseRaynor EurotechKnollAllseatingBalt ProductsBodybilt ChairsergoCentric ChairsErgotechESI ErgonomicsEvoluentExtech InstrumentsFocal Upright FurnitureGoldtouchHealth ChairHOGGANergoThe Human SolutionInnovative Office ProductsISE ErgonomicsKinesis ErgonomicsMaylineMatias ProductsMark-10NaturalPointNeutral PostureNightingaleNOTRAX Anti-Fatigue Floor MattingOffice StarPosturitePlantronics HeadsetsUPLIFT DeskShop all brands >>
- Ergonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Office Desk, Chair and Keyboard Height CalculatorAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolPocket Ergo - Internet Based SoftwarePocket Ergo Internet Based Software with Amazon Fire TabletThe Human Solution Blog -- Tips for a Healthier OfficeErgonomic Chair Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Office ChairMonitor Arm Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Monitor ArmKeyboard Tray Buying Guide: How to Select a Keyboard TrayErgonomic desk, chair and keyboard height calculatorSee more ergonomic tools >>
- MoreChairsDesksTreadmill DesksKeyboard TrayMonitor ArmsErgonomic MouseErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic Foot RestsTask LightWorkstation AccessoriesMac Compatible Ergonomic ProductsPlantronics HeadsetsLaptop ErgonomicsBudget ErgonomicsHumanscale ViewPoint Technology Wall StationsHealthcare Monitor ArmsHealthcare Chairs and StoolsHealthcare Keyboard TraysHealthcare Anti-Fatigue MatsUPLIFT Standing DesksAssessment ToolsIndustrial Equipment ToolAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsHand Trucks and DolliesErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsErgonomic SoftwareMaterial Handling EquipmentDesk Edge ProtectorErgonomic StoolsCasters & WheelsAdjustable TableEntrance and Carpet MatsErgoKitAnthropometric Testing EquipmentForce GaugeHand DynamometerPinch DynamometerSensory Evaluation ToolThermo-hygrometerSound Level MeterLight MeterGoniometer and InclinometerEMGStopwatchTorque Testers and Torque GaugesScaleErgonomic SoftwarePocket Ergo®Ergonomic Consulting & Assessment ServicesVibration Meters
SmartNav 4 EG Hands Free Mouse
The SmartNav 4 EG Hands Free Mouse offers ergonomic relief by providing a hands-free solution for performing mouse functions. It is an excellent choice for gamers and workers with repetitive stress injuries and other special needs. The SmartNav 4 EG tracks the motion of your head to move the mouse cursor, potentially reducing hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder pain.
This item is no longer available.
Shop our full selection of Most Popular Ergonomic Mice to find a great replacement.
The SmartNav 4 EG Hands Free Mouse is the ideal solution for those seeking a hands-free way to control their mouse cursor. Using an infrared sensor and a piece of reflective material attached to some type of headgear, this ergonomic mouse has been designed to compliment the natural movement of your head. Moving your head less than 1/4 inch can move the cursor across the entire screen. The SmartNav may be paired with a palm click switch, a foot switch or a Kinesis foot pedal as well. These features make it the perfect hands-free mouse for those looking to minimize the strain of mousing. Users who cannot use their hands at all to operate a computer may prefer the SmartNav 4 AT mouse instead.
SmartNav 4 EG Hands Free Mice Features
- High resolution for sensitivity to natural head motion
- Compatibility with palm switches, foot switches and foot pedals
- Six foot range
- Improved mounting options including a tripod
- Included accessories: 26 reflective dots, Y breakout cable for switches, mounting clip
How the SmartNav Works
The SmartNav senses a reflective dot (placed either on the user's head or something else like a mic boom), the reflective dot on a SmartNav sensor ring or a reflective area on the SmartNav Tracking Hat. Simple motions move the mouse cursor. The Smartnav usually sits on top of your monitor, but it can be placed any place that it can still "see" the reflective accessory you are using.
There are a number of ways you can "click" with the SmartNav, depending upon which model you purchase. The SmartNav AT has the most flexibility as you can "click" with a keyboard hot key, one of the optional click switches, with voice clicking or with the included Dwell Click software: the AT allows users to click by hovering the cursor in a specific spot. The EG model does not include the Dwell Click software.
Download more information
- Windows OS
- 500 MHz processor
- USB connectivity
Works as expected
February 21, 2010
The SmartNav 4 EG works just as I expected it to. One thing that I hadn't anticipated is the amount a persons head moves without realizing (but that isn't the fault of this product). I do have have 2 complaints with the SmartNav. The first is that it seems to have a fairly high power requirement, and may force you to remove other USB devices. The second is the high price. Overall this product is very useful for anyone that has difficulty using a mouse. But be warned that it takes a bit of getting used to, and the price is a bit high. Speaking of price if you have health insurance you may want to check with them to see if the SmartNav is something they cover.