Not all desks are created equal. If you're working with a larger desk setup and need to optimize space, the UPLIFT Height Adjustable Standing Desk with L-Shaped Custom Laminate Desktop is the heavy-duty workstation that's ready to handle just about anything, all while improving office ergonomics.
Quick and quiet adjustments are made possible via the triple motor and triple leg design, giving you 530 pounds of lifting capacity for all of your sitting to standing transitions. A three-stage frame design stands above two-stage desks, and adjusts for height 33% faster, so you can get back to work.
Enjoy 25.6" (650mm) of smooth height adjustments for better work on your level. Three legs give you more stability for larger or more complex desk situations, while the choice of laminate desktop color lets you pick the desk that complements your unique office style.
Keep the desk but lose the dangerous chemicals! At Human Solution, we take the time and care to only use the most eco-friendly finishes and sealants to safeguard your L-Shaped Custom Laminate desk and office air quality for years of productive work. All UPLIFT Laminate desks are UV-cured, protected by a powder coat finish, and constructed with recycled wood composite core, making it qualify for LEED credits. Our laminate desktops are also GREENGUARD Certified, letting you improve your office ergonomics, sans harsh finishes.
Accessorize yours with a large selection of ergo-friendly gear to maximize your comfort and productivity in one go. Organizational tools, monitor arms, keyboard trays, and a digital keypad elevate your desk for even better ergonomics, just build the perfect workstation for you and feel the difference an optimized standing desk can have on your work style.
UPLIFT height adjustable desks meet or exceed all applicable section requirements of ANSI/BIFMA X5.5-2008 Desk Product Test Standards, which means that your desk conforms to the safety and durability requirements set forth by BIFMA. Download our test results here.
The desktops you see on our builder have been selected for their popularity. If you are looking for a different Wilsonart laminate desktop, shop their whole collection and reach out to us for a custom quote for your desk!
- Three-stage frame is height adjustable from 24.4" to 50.0” (without desktop thickness). Our L-shaped laminate desktops are 1" thick. Our 3-stage columns offer 25.6" (650mm) of vertical travel
- 33% quicker to adjust than a two-stage frame
- A motor in each leg makes the frame quieter, stronger, safer, and more reliable
- Heavy-duty steel base boasts a weight capacity of 530 lbs for lifting large desktops
- L-shaped laminate desktop is over 1" thick and provides a sturdy, reliable, and roomy work surface
- Telescoping crossbar is positioned directly underneath the desktop, giving you more legroom and mountable space
- Hall effect sensor in the frame detects resistance and reverses frame direction for safety
- Soft start/stop electric motor allows for precision adjustments of desk height adjustments
- Upgrade to advanced digital memory keypad with LED display with one-touch and constant-touch capabilities
- Local and globally sourced parts are assembled and shipped from Austin, Texas
|Height range||24.4" - 50.0” H (without desktop thickness)|
|Desktop thickness||1 3/16" thick|
|Travel speed||1.5"/second (varies - slowest with maximum load) with soft start/stop actuator motors|
|Noise level||45 decibels during motion|
|Weight capacity||530 lbs|
|Keypad||Advanced 1-touch digital memory keypad* is available
2-button up/down keypad comes standard
|Adjustable foot leveling studs||3/8" adjustment for uneven flooring|
|BIFMA/ANSI X5.5-2008 Certified||Yes - completely meets all requirements of BIFMA/ANSI X5.5-2008 Test Sections 4.3, 4.5, 5.2-5.5, 6.0, 7.0, 8.0 & 15.0.|
|Environmental certifications||ISO 14001, RoHS & CE compliant|
|Safety certifications||Lifting Column - TUV (Canada and U.S.)
Control Box - TUV (Canada and U.S.)
Power Cord - UL/CSA (Canada and U.S.)
|Warranty||7-year warranty on the entire desk base, which includes the motor, frame, controller, keypad, electronics and mechanisms. Optional extended warranty available when selecting desk options|
|Shipping dimensions||This item must ship via freight carrier. Learn about freight shipping on our Freight Shipping 101 page.|
* Using the advanced 1-touch digital memory keypad is as simple as the push of a button. Four programmable buttons let you choose and set the best sitting and standing heights for you, even for multiple users. Or simply use the up/down buttons to get to that sit-to-stand sweet spot.
- I have the advanced keypad, and when I touch one of the presets my desk only moves a portion of an inch. Is there something wrong with my keypad?
Odds are your memory presets are probably working just fine, you might just have an older control box. In order to recall your preset heights, you have to press and hold the memory setting until your desk reaches standing height. This is for safety, since the older UPLIFT 3-Leg Frame did not have the ability to sense an obstruction and stop. If you see the number 99.046.14.0070 printed on the sticker located near the power socket, then your control box is capable of one-touch memory preset function and may need to be reset - see our Programming Your UPLIFT Desk PDF for instructions on locking the keypad, changing the memory presets from one-touch to press-and-hold, and setting new lower or upper height limits.
- Are there any other Laminate colors available?
Of course! Although we only list a few color choices on our site, we can have a laminate top made for you in any of the laminate colors available through Wilsonart Laminate. Shop their collection and let us know what you like to get the ball rolling on a custom quote for you.
- Can I have an ergo edge on these?
The Custom L-Shaped Laminate Desktop has a curved corner, but it is not available with an ergo edge. The Ergo Edge is only available on our Eco Corner Desktop.
- Can I get these in other custom sizes that aren't listed?
We do have the ability to customize the size and color of your laminate desktop. Call to speak to one of our Sales Pros for a quote on your custom laminate desk.
- Are laminate desktops softer than other types of desktop?
Laminate material is not as rigid as bamboo or solid wood. However, we design all UPLIFT Desks with crossbar support under the desktop. As long as the crossbars are fully installed, any of our desktops should remain level and supported for the life of the desk.
- Does the desk ship fully assembled?
Desks are shipped disassembled, but assembly is very straightforward. Watch our assembly video to see just how easy installation of your UPLIFT Desk will be.
- Do you make the tops yourselves?
We use a local laminate manufacturer to custom make your desktop after you place your order. That is why the lead time on these desks is longer than the lead time on our other L-Shaped Laminate Desks.
- How do I clean my laminate top?
Laminate is a very durable surface and can be wiped down with a damp, sudsy towel or a Lysol wipe.
- Do these tops genuinely match their dimensions listed on the website?
Yes, the specifications table accurately lists the dimensions of the desk you will receive.
- Can I choose where the grommets go on my custom laminate top?
Yes! If you would like to have your grommets placed elsewhere on your desktop, please reach out to our team by phone or by chat and our Sales Pros will be able to assist you.
- What is a laminate top?
A laminate desktop is made from several different layers of material that are treated under high pressure to form a solid surface. The desktop is finished with a band to seal in the edges. Our custom laminate desktops are made from Wilsonart laminate.
- How are your desktops rated?
Our laminate desktops are E-1-rated and feature 45 lb density particle board with a 3mm PVC edge.
- Is this desk suitable for activities other than your standard office fare?
Yes, a corner desk is great for any activity where you need an ample amount of space and want to benefit from being able to stand from time to time. The UPLIFT Desk 3-leg Frame boasts a carrying capacity of 530 lbs, which means it can handle most of what you throw its way.
- Is the l-shaped desktop stable even though it comes in two pieces?
The extension side attaches to the main side of the l-shaped desk with support brackets. There are two crossbars that also extend in an l-shape along the underside of the desktop. So even though your desktop comes in two pieces, these supportive measures combine to provide a very sturdy desk.
- Can I get a sample of the laminate before I purchase the desk to make sure that it matches with my office?
Contact our Sales Team and they will be able to assist you in getting a sample of the Wilsonart laminate used to make the UPLIFT Custom Laminate L-Shaped Desk.
- How loud is this desk?
Close your eyes and imagine the hum of your refrigerator or computer. The UPLIFT Desk Frame will emit 45 decibels of sound during motion, which will fall somewhere between these two appliances.
- Will I be able to assemble my desk alone?
We recommend a two person assembly for the L-Shaped Laminate Desk. This desk is pretty heavy and you won't want to go at it alone!
- What are the benefits of laminate?
Laminate is an economical surface for a large, corner shaped desk. It comes in a wide variety of colors and can be customized to match your decor. The laminate surface features an antimicrobial finish to help cut down on the germs on your desktop. All in all, laminate is a very durable desk at a great price point.
- Why do I need a desk with a three-stage frame?
Frankly, three-stage frames are just better. UPLIFT Desk frames are three-stage vs the traditional two-stage desk on the market today, which means their desks are 33% faster thanks to 3 spindles instead of 2. This means you have a greater range of adjustability, so desks fit shorter users and kids, all the way up to very tall users or those who plan on adding a treadmill to their setups later.
- How many motors does this desk come with?
All UPLIFT Desks come with a motor in each leg, so in this case, three. This design makes UPLIFT Desks quieter to adjust, stronger and more reliable, and safer than desks that work with just a single motor.
- I live outside of the United States, will this desk work with my outlets and voltage?
All desks and frames by UPLIFT Desk are designed to run on the US electricity standard of 120 volts. If you're ordering a desk from outside the United States (excluding Canada), you'll most likely need to plug your desk into a step down transformer, otherwise you run the risk of overloading your desk's control box, which is not covered by warranty. Just contact our support team if you have any questions.
- Is there an easy way to tell what version of control box I have?
You bet! You can check to see which version of control box you have by glancing at the silver label on it. If that sticker says v4.1, v4.2, or v4.3, you have the newest version of UPLIFT Desk's control box, which means you have a few new features to enjoy on your desk.
- What are some of the features on the new control boxes?
The latest version of UPLIFT Desk's control boxes comes with several exciting new safety features like Collision Sensitivity, Keypad Lockout, and the new ability to toggle between One-Touch and Constant-Touch modes, and switch between inches and centimeters with a few buttons. You can read about how to access these awesome new features on our blog post about the subject!
- How do I use the Keypad Lockout feature?
In order to add an extra layer of safety to our desks, UPLIFT Desk designed their latest version 4.1 control boxes to be able to be locked so children and unwanted users cannot adjust it when this feature is turned on. To lock the keypad, press the "M" button for 5 seconds until the LED switches to "LOC", then press and hold the the "M" button to turn on the lockout feature. To unlock it, just press the "M" for 5 more seconds.
This product comes standard with a 7-year limited warranty.
- We offer a 30-day trial on all single-item UPLIFT Desk brand orders, with the exception of solid wood and custom laminate desktops. If for any reason you're not satisfied, return the item with no outbound shipping or restocking fees.
- Return windows close 30 days after you receive your item. You are responsible for obtaining a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) within this time.
- All items must be disassembled and returned in "Like new" condition in their original factory packaging. Items not returned in this condition may be subject to additional fees. You are responsible for return shipping costs.
- To start a return, or to view the full returns policy, click here.