The Humanscale M/Connect 2 Docking Station Retrofit Kit has been discontinued. For a similar product, please visit our sister site UPLIFTDesk.com and view the Power + Data page.
Introducing the M/Connect 2 — Humanscale's new USB docking station. The M/Connect 2 provides power delivery to USB-C and Thunderbolt notebooks and is backwards compatible to USB 3.0 notebooks. During the transition from USB 3.0, this offers a versatile solution. M/Connect 2 can be retrofitted to any Humanscale Monitor Arm.
With split dock technology, M/Connect 2's innovative design allows all cables to be connected under the desk and keeps the work area clear. Cables that are cluttered in the workspace limit accessibility to connections the user might require. An accessible hub on the desk allows the user to get easy access to data, charging and audio ports. This increases the level of comfort, usability and performance for the user.
- Dual-video docking station increases ports at ergonomic workstations
- Unique and innovative desk-mounted unit blends ergonomics and technology
- Provides easy access to ports and hides IT ports for better cable management
- Rear-mounted unit allows for easy plugging and unplugging of cords and cables
- Supports 4K video resolution for up to 2 monitors or 1 monitor at 5K
- (7) USB ports for data and charging, including (2) 2.4A Type A high-speed charging ports and (1) 3A Type-C high-speed charging port
- Comes with display port, HDMI port, USB Hub, and undersurface dock
- For use with Humanscale monitor arms - M2, M2.1, M2.1 Dual Desk Mount, M8, M8.1, and M/Flex monitor arms
- Sustainable and eco-friendly, made with no PVC or harmful materials
The Design Story
The Humanscale Design Team reinvented USB docking stations. Those devices created a mess of cable clutter. With the creation of the M/Connect Docking Station, a sleek, more efficient, and more accessible docking solution that eliminates cable clutter. The design of the M/Connect focused on function, purpose, and ergonomics. This resulted in a revolutionary, all-in-one monitor arm base with USB 3.0, a dual-video docking station, actively supporting workers in an adaptive workspace.
"The traditional office has been changing. People are coming and going, plugging in who-knows-how-many devices into a preset workstation, and expecting everything to work seamlessly. That’s the requirement."
– Robert Volek, Designer
|Dock size||USB Hub: 0.88" H x 5.9" W x 5.9" D
Undersurface Dock: 0.9" H x 7.51" W x 3.54" D
|Connectivity||Desktop Hub: 4 x USB 3.0 Super Speed, self-powered (two Type A, 5V, 2.4A, one BC1.2 high speed charging, one upstream [23.6”, .6m]), Headphone/mic jack (4pole 3.5mm combo jack with auto switch)|
|Undersurface dock||3 x USB3.0 (one BC1.2 high speed charging, two Type A, 5V, 2.4A)|
|OS Support||Windows 7/7Pro (32bit/64bit), Windows 8.1/8.1Pro (32bit/64bit), Windows 10 (32bit/64bit), Apple OS X Version 10.8.3 and above (Mountain Lion v10.8, Mavericks v10.9, Yosemite v10.10, El Capitan v10.11(ver2.5), Sierra mac OS10.12(ver2.6) )|
|Cable management||Optional Cable Covers adhere to surface underside and hide cables|
|Video||Output: DP++ (Dual mode DP1.2)
Supports 1 monitor at 5K, 2 monitors at 4K and below
|Maximum resolution||Display Port: (without HDCP enabled)
5K - 5120x2880 p60
4K - 3840x2160 p60 / 4096x2160 p60
2K - 2560x1600 p60 / 2560x1440 p60
1K - FHD 1920x1080P
|Convenience||Power ON indicator LED on USB Hub|
|Colors||Silver with gray trim and cables; Black with black trim and cables; Polished Aluminum with white trim and cables|
|Warranty||Limited 3 years|
The Humanscale M Connect 2 Docking Station Retrofit Kit is available in six models based on your current Humanscale monitor arm – the M2 and M2.1 arm, the M8 and M8.1 arm, the M2.1 Dual Desk Mount, or the M/Flex arm.
The M/Connect 2 Docking Station comes with several mounting options, such as clamp, bolt-thru, sliding desk clamps.
The Humanscale M Connect 2 Docking Station Retrofit Kit is available in three color choices: a silver post with gray trim, a brushed aluminum post with white trim, or a black post with white trim. Choose the color that matches your current Humanscale monitor arm.
This product comes standard with a 3-year limited warranty.
- Return windows close 30 days after you receive your item.
- You are responsible for obtaining a Return Merchandise Authorization, the cost of shipping, and potential restocking fees, if the item has been opened.
- To start a return, or to view the full returns policy, click here.