UPLIFT 4-Leg Standing Desk Features
- Strongest standing desk - the 4-Leg Standing Desk has the highest weight capacity we offer at 535 lb, including desktop
- Moves more, faster - 3-stage legs provide rapid up/down movement: 33% faster with 33% more height range than cheaper 2-stage legs
- Enhanced stability - ANSI/BIFMA certified 4-Leg Standing Desk frame is exceptionally stable at all heights and with unevenly distributed weight
- Advanced controls - one-touch desk height adjustments, saved settings, reminders, and other keypad features keep you moving/li>
- Straightforward assembly - putting together a 4-Leg Standing Desk requires more assembly than a two-leg desk but isn't any more complicated. To get a better idea, watch us assemble a 2-Leg UPLIFT Desk in 7 minutes. Affordable assembly services are also available as you configure your desk
- Free space planning - outfitting an office? We offer complimentary design services
- Ships fast and free - shipping is free within the contiguous United States, and you only pay the difference beyond that. Orders typically ship them same day
- Free returns - no-cost returns with free return shipping
- 15 year warranty - all UPLIFT Desk products include a 15 year warranty
UPLIFT V2 Desk Height
- Fits most users 5'3" to 6'9" tall. Fits 4'7" and up with a keyboard tray
- 25.6" travel distance. Height adjustment range: 24.5" - 50.1" (with 1" thick desktop)
UPLIFT V2-Commercial Desk Height
- Fits most users 4'11" to 6'5" tall. Fits 4'3" and up with a keyboard tray
- 26.1" travel distance. Height adjustment range: 22.6"- 48.7" (with 1" thick desktop)
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Very impressed with the quality of this desk.
Smooth. works well after a year and a half of this thing I can say it's the best addition to my workspace i have ever made.
I generally require a pretty massive desk. My desktop consists of the computer itself, two 27" monitors and a 40", on Ergotron mounts, a couple bookshelf speakers, and whatever junk happens to be on my desk at the time. I've taken a couple attempts at the standing desk before, with brands that you find at most commercial office furniture stores, that run around $1K for frame and top. I found that, due to the stability of the solutions, I rarely stood and they became glorified standard desks. Those experiences left me burned a bit, so on my third attempt to find a standing desk I isolated my search only to four leg models. There aren't many of them on the market, so the Uplift here quickly gained my attention.
I ordered it with the black frame, reclaimed Douglas Fir top, in 80"x30", and opted to add casters and the advanced memory controller. I'm local to Austin, so it was delivered by The Human Solution rather than a third party carrier, and the driver carried everything inside for me. Assembly consists of approximately forty screws, many of which are hex head, so I used a 1/4" impact with the appropriate bits on low speed to make quick work of it. The holes were pre-drilled on the underside of the top, but at least half a dozen failed to line up properly so I pre-drilled my own to avoid splitting or other issues. I do not consider this to be a major issue, but it is one one of the reasons I am choosing to give it four instead of five stars. After assembling the desk, I cabled everything up and used the included ties to secure them. That part is kind of left to your discretion, and I chose to cable it in such a way to leave room for a power distribution strip I later mounted under the top.
The top itself is beautiful. As mentioned, I chose the reclaimed Douglas Fir, and they did a very nice job of working on it. As it is reclaimed, it has filler like one would expect in various places, and generally it was done nicely. There are a few places where I wish they would have feathered it, because perfect circles of black filler don't look natural and tend to catch my eye. Again, this is just a small nitpick: it's a reclaimed top so I don't expect perfection and it is still beautiful, so this is not worth fretting over.
Now, on to the most important part of the desk for me: the stability. I have two 27" monitors on a Ergotron LX dual-arm mount, and a hacked together Ergotron knock-off arm attached to the top of a 3' pole clamped to the back of the desk that supports a 40" monitor. As you can imagine, that's inherently unstable and is going to vibrate horribly on any unstable surface. Where on the two leg desks it was unusable, on this desk the vibration is barely noticeable. Leaning on the desk at my standard height of 43.5" will cause it to move a tiny bit, and the same goes for the smaller monitors when the arms are at full extension, but it is far from problematic and is substantially better than the previous standings desks I have used. In fact, I can't say it is much worse than in the seated position. It would probably be even more stable if not for casters and carpet, but it is perfectly usable as is and I am thrilled to have it be as sturdy as it is.
The controls act as you would expect, and I don't have much to say about them. I was pleasantly surprised at how smooth the motors are and how well the legs stay in sync since we're working with four independent motors here.
Overall, this is a 4.5 star desk for me. I would give it a perfect five, but feel something should be deducted for the couple minor complaints I have about it; that being said, I highly recommend this desk to anyone looking for a stable, smooth, and beautiful standing desk.
I uploaded a photo of my setup to http://i.imgur.com/EK8OQXQ.jpg
Resetting Your Desk
Most desk issues can be solved quickly by following the UPLIFT Desk reset and troubleshooting instructions page. These steps can be completed in just a few minutes. If you still need assistance, please visit the UPLIFT Desk Contact page.
UPLIFT Desk Warranty Policy
We stand firmly behind the quality of our products. All UPLIFT Desk products come with a 15 Year Warranty, visit the UPLIFT Desk Warranty page for the full policy.
Free Returns with Free Return Shipping within 30 days, visit the UPLIFT Desk Returns page for the full policy.