The Focal Locus Seat has been discontinued. For a similar product, please visit the Ergonomic Chair page.
Enjoy a hybrid seat that really brings advanced ergonomics to the table. It's the Focal Locus Seat, and it's here to give you maximum adjustability and support in one chair. Many ergonomic stools on the market allow you to lean or "perch"; the Focal Locus Seat challenges you to stay in an active seating posture, keeping you upright and forward-thinking, giving you better circulation for all of those impromptu a-ha moments.
The seat is available in a collection of seat color options, letting you match your chair to your workstation for better work, your style.
- Chair is designed by Martin Keen and constructed of aluminum, steel, and furniture-grade plywood and polymers
- Designed to support users ranging in height from 4' 11" to 6' 8" and has a 300 lb weight capacity
- 15° range of seat motion; fore-aft motion goes from 5° to 20° forward
- Globally sourced and assembled in Rhode Island, USA
- Features a built-in anti-fatigue mat
- Available in a collection of seat color options to suit your style
- 5 year warranty
|Dimensions (shortest position)||37" L x 25 1/2" W x 31" H|
|Dimensions (tallest position)||45" L x 25 1/2" W x 41" H|
|Folded dimensions||37" L x 25 1/2" W x 14" H|
|Weight capacity||300 lbs|
|Lateral seat motion||5° - 20° forward|
|Warranty||5 years for seating textiles and parts|
The Focal Locus Seat base is available in black.
Seat Cushion Color
Choose from three seat cushion colors for your Focal Locus Seat, or upgrade to a Black Nubuck seat cushion.
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I think the chair is OK. I've had 3 other sit/stand chairs loved each of them for their different characteristics. Excited to try a new style of chair I got the Focal Lotus. It is a stool type chair where I have had "saddle" type chairs in the past. I've had it for 4 months now. It is relatively comfortable but has a ("I" feel) a major downfall; when you lower your height adjustable table to a "normal" sitting position there is no way to use the Lotus. It can't be lowered below 31" which mean I need two chairs. One to use when I was standing and working and one for when I had someone in my office or one for standing and one for a guest to stand and use; either way two chairs.
I bought my Locus Upright 18 months ago, and at first I was super excited about it. It never was comfortable, but a lot of reviews out there said that you needed time to get used to it. I followed the videos, I tweaked with it, and finally I am giving up. When I use my Locus, after a few minutes, my hip hurts, and later on my knees begin to hurt, my ankles hurt and my butt hurts. I would not recommend this product to ANYONE... Sadly it is too late to return it, and I feel bad about selling it on Craigslist. I don't want anybody to spend good money on this and a year later to be in pain!
The unit is well built and performs just as described. I needed to get out of my chair to save by back. It's not as comfortable as a chair but on the same hand walking is not as comfortable as riding in a car but it's better for your health.
This product comes standard with a 5-year warranty on the seating textiles and parts.
- Return windows close 30 days after you receive your item.
- You are responsible for obtaining a Return Merchandise Authorization, the cost of shipping, and potential restocking fees, if the item has been opened.
- To start a return, or to view the full returns policy, click here.