There's a new desk accessory on the scene. The original design of the computer mouse has been revamped with the ergonomic Vertical Mouse 4 by Evoluent.
Designed for righties, this wired mouse helps stop unnatural twisting and clicking, keeping the hand in a neutral "handshake" position for more comfort.
Easy to get used to, you'll soon be mousing your way to better work and productivity.
- 6 programmable buttons give users more versatility for personalized mouse functions
- Pointer speed buttons now located on the side allow convenient adjustment without ever changing your grip on the mouse - up to 4 speeds
- Designed with uncompromising comfort in mind
- Larger flange for your pinky to rest and relax on while mousing
- Updated internal software technology comes standard in new version
- Made from 30% recycled plastic
- Illuminated features turn off to indicate when the mouse is in sleep mode
|Dimensions||3 1/2" W x 4 3/8" D x 3 1/4" H|
|Connectivity||6.6 ft cord with USB connector|
|Variable resolution||From 800 to 2600 dpi|
|Buttons||Programmable buttons allow for different functions in different programs|
47 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This is good in concept but too heavy. It still causes shoulder issues. I had to stop using it.
Evoluent Vertical Mouse 4
I've tried track balls and other ergonomic mice, and this is the best by far. Not only is it vertical, the extra buttons and flexible settings create many alternatives to mousing. I am recommending it to colleagues and buying them for my staff.
I have Rotator Cuff problems. Excessive repetitive movements = pain not just in the shoulder but from the wrist on up. I can use a regular mouse for short times....kinda slows down my work output & game play. This mouse has reduced the problem - even if my shoulder is hurting before starting my work the Evoluent Vertical Mouse 4 = no additional discomfort in the wrist & elbow!!!
This thing is fantastically flexible. It's a great mouse for work or gaming. I gave it four stars instead of 5 because (1) the optical inner workings require a mouse pad or other non-reflective surface: it's not as forgiving as a laser mouse; and (2) the position is not as comfortable as my 3M pistol grip ergonomic mouse. However, the 3M is not nearly as flexible - 3 buttons, no wheel, not programmable. If the position were changed to be a little more like the 3M, I would give it 5 even with the optical mechanism instead of a laser. The pinky shelf is excellent. The DPI adjustment is excellent. I wish I could program the thumb buttons to move the DPI up and down so I didn't have to change grip to make DPI changes on the fly.
Mouse works great
This mouse definitely took me some getting use to. Very awkward at first. After the first week or so it was much better and it has definitely decreased the pain in my thumb. Its not very easy to use with a wrist mouse pad. I agree that the shiny thumb part is a bit over the top but all in all it works very well. I have even suggested it to a co-worker.
but so far this seems to truly relieve the stress ordinary mice cause. I do agree with others who suggest a less glossy finish and critique the very bright illuminated logo--just one more unnecessary obstacle to a darkened room, when one wants it.
Love this mouse
It really is comfortable and easy to use. The Human Solution told me I'd like this mouse for my condition and they were right. Thanks!
1. Ergonomically, the vertical aspect of the mouse is really easier on the wrist -- helps me a lot.
2. The thumb rest gets very slippery if your thumb perspires even in the slightest. Makes it hard to use. Would have been better if it were the same material as on the EV-3.
3. The bling of the chrome thumb rest is very distracting. Would have been ideal if it were just a matte dark color.
4. The bling of the bright Evoluent logo light is even more distracting. I'm trying to look at the screen, not the mouse. What's more important, the advertisement on the mouse or the content on my screen? Pretty arrogant, especially for "ergonomic" product. No way to turn it off in software either.
EV3 is therefore superior except perhaps for not having he extended finger lip.
I have been using the Evoluent VM3 at work & I love it so I knew we needed one for our home computer. This mouse is so very comfortable and helps my arthritis feel less painful. The EVM3 that I use at work allows me to work more efficiently having two extra buttons. I like the infrared sensor and the way it tracks across the screen with very little movement. I would've preferred the EVM4 for work because it has an additional button & a pinky rest but I wasn't paying for it so I got one for home and it really looks as good as it feels. With the EVM4 it's easy to change the speed settings with a click & the green lights show setting. The Evoluent name in blue light makes it look great on our desk & really catches peoples' eye. The biggest negative for me is that it was made in China, I would have preferred to buy one made in the USA. Overall, this is a great product that I would highly recommend. It is definitely worthy! I am completely satisfied.
This product comes standard with a 2-year warranty.
- Return windows close 30 days after you receive your item.
- You are responsible for obtaining a Return Merchandise Authorization, the cost of shipping, and potential restocking fees, if the item has been opened.
- To start a return, or to view the full returns policy, click here.