Humanscale Liberty Drafting Chair
Shop All Humanscale Products| Click Here to Learn How to Use This Desk Builder
Choose Your Video
Liberty Chair Review03:12
Humanscale's Liberty Task Chair03:02
Selected But Not Shown
Give your seating situation the boost it needs with the Humanscale Liberty Drafting Chair, which offers the same ergonomic features and comfort as the Liberty Chair, with an even greater height range and a foot ring for use at a drafting table or standing desk.
It comes with a supremely flexible 3D mesh back with multiple panels for more contouring and better support where you need it. Comfort and support are right around the corner by way of intuitive adjustments that are made possible sans locks and levers, adjusting with your body as you recline. With no tension springs to adjust, no recline locks to set or release, and no external lumbar devices to mess with, you get a chair that ideally fits to you. Adjusting the Liberty Drafting Chair is easy, simply sit in the chair and move to your preferred postures, while the intelligent counterbalance mechanism gives you the proper support no matter your size or weight.
Stylish to the core, the Liberty Drafting Chair is one office addition to get you to your perfect working height quickly.
- Features all of the adjustments and customized support of the Liberty Chair at drafting table height, with a footrest for added support
- Contoured, padded seat cushion is sculpted to match your body's contours
- Increased contact area on the seat helps to reduce pressure points
- Pivoting backrest adjusts automatically to the changing needs of your spine as you recline
- Backrest delivers reliable back and lumbar support for different postures and body types
- Backrest constructed of form-sensing 3D mesh, improving breathability and providing a customized fit for 95% of the population
- Adjustable armrests connect to the backrest instead of the seat, allowing them to move with you when reclining
- Made in USA
|Seat size||21" W x 16.5" to 18.75" D|
|Backrest size||20" W x 22.5" H|
|Seat height||20.5" - 28.5" H|
|Recommended user range||5'0" to 6'4"; 100 to 300 lbs|
|Dual action recline||17° recline, plus 7° backrest tilt|
|Seat and back angle||100° - 124°|
|Weight capacity||300 lbs|
FREE Goldtouch Adjustable Keyboard GTN-0033
This keyboard's split design promotes a more natural and ergonomic typing position.
FREE UPLIFT Single Monitor Arm
Mount a monitor weighing between 4.5 lbs - 17.5 lbs, and adjust the height, depth or lateral position with easy fingertip adjustment.
Humanscale Liberty Drafting Chair Arms
The Liberty arms are very unique. Aside from several different armpads to choose from, fixed or adjustable arms are available as well. The height adjustable arms lower down to the seat cushion and out of the way while working at a desk or on a keyboard tray.
- No armrests
- Fixed height armrests with either a Duron (soft solid foam) or Technogel pad
- Height-adjustable armrests featuring a 5'' range of adjustment
- Armrests can be covered in urethane, black Xanium synthetic leather or upholstery to match the seat cushion
Our recommendation: Most people will benefit from having adjustable arms
- Duron arms match either your frame color or shell color when ordered with a polished aluminum frame
- Technogel arm pads come standard with a black Xanium synthetic leather cover
- Duron or Technogel arms may be covered to match your seat textile
The frame of the Humanscale Liberty Drafting Chair is available in black, silver, or polished aluminum. Choose between black or silver trim on the silver or polished aluminum frames.
The backrest of the Humanscale Liberty Drafting Chair is available in the following mesh styles. Please note that certain meshes may cause a longer lead time than others. To check lead time on a certain configuration, please give us a call at 1-800-531-3746 before placing your order.
Dash is one of the newest meshes available in the Humanscale line. It is characterized by its strength and durability.
The luminous quality of each individual monofilament strand creates a translucent effect, while also providing strength and durability.
This brilliant weave of monofilament strands and silver-coated yarns offers resiliency combined with a low abrasion factor.
Pinstripe offers a simple stripe pattern in a variety of enlivening colors.
Catena offers a unique pattern in a variety of modern colors.
Pick your seat upholstery from the fabrics and leathers below. Note that the gel seat option is only available in Vellum and Wave fabrics.
Wave - Grade 1
This four-way stretch textile with a three-dimensional wave pattern offers a range of brilliant colors taken from nature. It exceeds all standards for contract upholstery.
Vellum - Grade 1
Constructed from a blend of nylon, Cordura and elastic yarn, this four-way stretch textile offers a pleasing texture, while providing the extreme durability required for long-term use.
Lotus - Grade 1
This four-way stretch textile is water repellant and easy to clean, making it an ideal textile for healthcare and hospitality environments. Its polyurethane finish with nylon backing boasts a soft texture while offering exceptional durability. It exceeds all standards for contract upholstery and healthcare tests.
Sensuede - Grade 3
Sensuede was developed to be the best and most luxurious engineered suede available. The faux suede's soft touch comes from the use of breathable and wrinkle resistant recycled microfibers that are finer than a human hair but are extra-strong, resulting in a very resilient fabric. This material also was selected because of its environmentally sensitive content and manufacturing process.
Bizon Leather - Grade 1
Bizon is a durable, water-resistant leather suitable for a wide range of applications. The combination of a special retannage and technically-advanced finishing process results in a leather that is not only water-resistant but also practical for applications that require a durable finish.
Cervo Leather - Grade 3
Cervo is chromium tanned and aniline dyed. The unique tannage approximates the rich luxurious suppleness of deer skin. The clarity and depth of the aniline dyes provide a distinct beauty enhancing all the natural characteristics. Cervo is thicker than the other naked leathers in our collection. Specialized milling adds additional character providing a soft pebble grain texture unmatched by any other leather in its class.
Box Stitching Color
Choose from a variety of different color box stitchings for your chair. This option is only available for leather upholstery.
The Liberty's thin seat cushion is designed specifically for long-term sitting comfort, whether with the double foam seat or the optional Technogel cushion that maximizes weight distribution and comfort. Both seats are very comfortable, but the gel seat upgrade offers better long-term support and relief of pressure points for users that sit in their chair 8 to 10 hours a day.
- Standard foam seat is contoured to fit your body and reduce pressure points, and is both comfortable and supportive
- Technogel seat cushion is a non-degradable, non-compressible Technogel layer on top of a foam core that provides maximum pressure distribution and offers unmatched, long-term comfort
- Technogel seat is available only with the Wave, Lotus and Vellum fabrics and is not available with leather or Sensuede
Please Note: Technogel has a firmer "sit" than the standard foam that softens up somewhat after a few minutes and will offer better back support if you are seated for long periods of time. Users who are up and down more may prefer the foam.
The Humanscale Liberty Drafting Chair is available with an 18'' or 21'' footring.
The Humanscale Liberty Drafting Chair is available with your choice of standard casters, soft casters for hard floors, or stationary glides.
|Standard Hard Casters||2 1/2'' double-wheeled for carpeted floors|
|Soft Casters||2 1/2'' soft double-wheeled for hard floors|
|Glides||Non-rolling glides for fixed location use|
This product comes standard with a 15-year warranty.
- Return windows close 30 days after you receive your item.
- You are responsible for obtaining a Return Merchandise Authorization, the cost of shipping, and potential restocking fees, if the item has been opened.
- To start a return, or to view the full returns policy, click here.
Are you sure you're finished customizing this product?
In many cases, we can offer bulk quantity discounts for purchases or smaller orders made over an extended period of time. Bulk deals are based on anticipated volume and the products you've selected. We can also provide you with brochures and swatches to assist in your purchasing decisions.
Swatch Request Form
Please allow 1-3 weeks for delivery.