Humanscale Freedom Drafting Chair
Shop All Humanscale Products| Click Here to Learn How to Use This Desk Builder
Choose Your Video
Humanscale's Freedom Chair03:12
Selected But Not Shown
While the world may seem to be getting more complicated, some ergonomic chairs are becoming simpler, such as the Humanscale Freedom Drafting Chair.
Designed for taller seating situations like a height-adjustable desk, the smart counterbalance reclining system omits the need for adjusting levers and knobs, making your workday just a little simpler. Enjoy freedom of movement while you sit your way to better health with one chair. The Humanscale Freedom Drafting Chair comes packed with the same features as the much-loved Freedom Task Chair, including self-adjusting design technology that moves with your weight, a dual pivot backrest that adjusts to your spine, optional armrests, and contoured cushions, with the inclusion of a tall cylinder and foot ring, making this an exceptional drafting chair.
The Freedom Drafting Chair can be easily customized, allowing you to pick the components that make this chair uniquely yours.
- Counterbalance reclining mechanism provides the ideal amount of support throughout a full range of motion
- Dual pivot backrest provides extra motion during recline to automatically adjust to the needs of your spine
- Armrests move in tandem to eradicate the dangers of uneven arm positioning
- Cushions are modular so swapping them out is easy
- 8" tall chair cylinder with 18" or 21" foot ring
- Made in USA
|Chair height||43" - 53" H|
|Seat height||20.5" - 28.5" H|
|Back height||18" - 21" H|
|Seat width||20" W|
|Headrest adjustment range||5"|
|Weight capacity||300 lbs|
Humanscale Freedom Drafting Chair Promotional Item
FREE Goldtouch Adjustable Keyboard GTN-0033
This keyboard's split design promotes a more natural and ergonomic typing position.
FREE UPLIFT Single Monitor Arm
Mount a monitor weighing between 4.5 lbs - 17.5 lbs, and adjust the height, depth or lateral position with easy fingertip adjustment.
FREE $100 gift certificate toward an UPLIFT Desk
There's no better time to make the switch to a height-adjustable desk! Gift certificate is good toward full two and three-leg UPLIFT Desks; excludes scratch and dent models. (Please note: There is a limit of one gift certificate or coupon per desk order.)
The Freedom Drafting Chair's optional headrest moves dynamically into place when the user reclines and out of the way when the user sits up. This lets it move with the natural arc of the head and neck for perfect support through the full range of recline. It has a 5'' range of vertical adjustment. The headrest is contoured to cradle the head and neck comfortably.
Humanscale Freedom Drafting Chair Arms
The Freedom arms are available in two different styles: standard and advanced. The standard arms quickly move up and down; the advanced arms are width as well as height adjustable.
- Revolutionary armrests move in tandem to eliminate the dangers of uneven arm positioning
- Natural lift-and-release action allows for immediate repositioning without the need for buttons or locks
- The armrests provide a 6" range of vertical motion to accommodate all users and tasks, and they can be positioned below thigh-level for close table or desk work
- The armrests are attached to the backrest, not the seat like most chairs, so they stay in the same relation to your body when you recline
Please Note: Many users prefer the added adjustability of the advanced armrests.
- Offer all the same features of the standard armrests
- Arms slide left and right for width adjustment
- Come 1 1/4'' longer than standard armrests for additional support
Once you pick the type of arms to best suit your needs, choose your arm padding, Duron or Technogel. Add a surface material to complement your Freedom color options.
- Duron arms have a foam core and a durable, synthetic leather cover
- Technogel arms contain a softer and extremely comfortable gel layer below the synthetic leather cover
- Either padding choice can be upholstered in fabric or leather to match your chair
The Freedom Drafting Chair is available with three frame colors: graphite and titanium frames are standard colors, and the polished aluminum frame is an upgrade available with either titanium or graphite shells on the cushions and arms.
The Freedom Drafting Chair comes standard with a highly durable composite base with graphite or titanium finish, or upgrade to a powder-coated or polished aluminum finish.
Wave - Grade 1
This four-way stretch textile with a three-dimensional wave pattern offers a range of brilliant colors taken from nature. It exceeds all standards for contract upholstery.
Vellum - Grade 1
Constructed from a blend of nylon, Cordura and elastic yarn, this four-way stretch textile offers a pleasing texture, while providing the extreme durability required for long-term use.
Lotus - Grade 1
This four-way stretch textile is water repellant and easy to clean, making it an ideal textile for healthcare and hospitality environments. Its polyurethane finish with nylon backing boasts a soft texture while offering exceptional durability. It exceeds all standards for contract upholstery and healthcare tests.
Sensuede - Grade 3
Sensuede was developed to be the best and most luxurious engineered suede available. The faux suede's soft touch comes from the use of breathable and wrinkle resistant recycled microfibers that are finer than a human hair but are extra-strong, resulting in a very resilient fabric. This material also was selected because of its environmentally sensitive content and manufacturing process.
Bizon Leather - Grade 1
Bizon is a durable, water-resistant leather suitable for a wide range of applications. The combination of a special retannage and technically-advanced finishing process results in a leather that is not only water-resistant but also practical for applications that require a durable finish.
Cervo Leather - Grade 3
Cervo is chromium tanned and aniline dyed. The unique tannage approximates the rich luxurious suppleness of deer skin. The clarity and depth of the aniline dyes provide a distinct beauty enhancing all the natural characteristics. Cervo is thicker than the other naked leathers in our collection. Specialized milling adds additional character providing a soft pebble grain texture unmatched by any other leather in its class.
Box Stitching Color
Choose from a variety of different color box stitchings for your chair. This option is only available for leather upholstery.
Humanscale offers a standard padded foam or gel seat cushion on the Freedom Drafting Chair. Both seats are very comfortable, but the gel seat upgrade offers better long-term support and relief of pressure points for users that sit in their chair 8 to 10 hours a day.
- Standard foam seat is contoured to fit your body and reduce pressure points, and is both comfortable and supportive
- Technogel seat cushion is a non-degradable, non-compressible Technogel layer on top of a foam core that provides maximum pressure distribution and offers unmatched, long-term comfort
- Technogel seat is available only with the Wave, Lotus and Vellum fabrics and is not available with leather or Sensuede
Please Note: Technogel has a firmer "sit" than the standard foam that softens up somewhat after a few minutes and will offer better back support if you are seated for long periods of time. Users who are up and down more may prefer the foam.
The Freedom Drafting Chair's cylinder has an 8" travel range from 20.5" - 28.5" seat cushion height. Its foot ring may be selected in one of two sizes.
|High F Chair||18'' diameter foot ring|
|High R Chair||21'' diameter foot ring|
Four caster/glide options are available. Most of our customers select the standard casters for carpet floors or soft casters for hard floors. Glides are perfect for a stationary chair, and the locking casters let the chair move around when no one is sitting down.
|Standard Hard Casters||2 1/2'' double-wheeled for carpeted floors|
|Soft Casters||2 1/2'' soft double-wheeled for hard floors|
|Glides||Non-rolling glides for fixed location use|
|Locking Casters||Lock into position when you sit on the chair|
Ergonomic Training Video
This chair purchase includes a free half-hour Ergonomic Training Video with an ergonomic pro. This video will help you learn how best to use ergonomic tools and make the right choices for your workstation. Anyone interested in building an ideal workspace for their own unique needs should take advantage of this offer. The video will cover valuable ergonomic essentials such as:
- Understanding the biomechanics of sitting
- Setting up a workstation to maximize efficiency
- Adjusting a chair to promote neutral posture
- Learning exercises to reduce stress and fatigue
This product comes standard with a 15-year warranty.
- Return windows close 30 days after you receive your item.
- You are responsible for obtaining a Return Merchandise Authorization, the cost of shipping, and potential restocking fees, if the item has been opened.
- To start a return, or to view the full returns policy, click here.
Are you sure you're finished customizing this product?
In many cases, we can offer bulk quantity discounts for purchases or smaller orders made over an extended period of time. Bulk deals are based on anticipated volume and the products you've selected. We can also provide you with brochures and swatches to assist in your purchasing decisions.
Swatch Request Form
Please allow 1-3 weeks for delivery.