Give kids freedom to fidget and burn off a little extra energy as they play and learn with the Kids Active Stool by UPLIFT Desk.
Designed with a gently rounded base that lets the stool tilt in all directions, this ergonomic, fixed height stool lets little ones sit in whole new ways, ones that allow them to move and fitstheir bodies better than traditional chairs. With nearly infinite ways to sit on this stool, children are freed from the confining and uncomfy postures that some school chairs are guilty of forcing them into, giving them the option to switch seats when they feel like it. A growing body of evidence shows that students learn better when they're allowed to stand and move more throughout the day. Let your students sit or "perch" on this seat, which is healthier for their knees, hips, and back. It'll fit right in thanks to two vibrant color options, letting you add a dash of color to your playroom, classroom, or homework area.
Choose from two models, one 15 inches tall and the other 17 inches tall, to suit children from ages 5 to 10.
- Fixed height stool encourages children to perch, wobble, and move for better ergonomics
- Sturdy active stool comes in 2 different heights to suit kids from Pre-K to 5th grade
- Comfortable and convex seat is constructed out of rubber for advanced gripability
- Slip-resistant base pad stabilizes the stool for safe and dynamic seating
- Choose from 15" or 17" heights to suit children pre-k thru 5th grade
- Blue or green base color options add vibrant colors to playrooms or classrooms
- No assembly required, ready to use straight out of the box
|Dimensions||15" - 15" H x 12" seat diameter x 11.2" base diameter
17" - 17" H x 12" seat diameter x 11.2" base diameter
|Weight||15" - 6 lbs 6 oz
17" - 6 lbs 10 oz
|Weight capacity||250 lbs|
- What is an "active stool"?
Active stools are ergonomic seating options that allow the user to perch and move on the stool, and in this case, wobble. The Kids Active Stool by UPLIFT Desk is designed to fit kids' bodies and let them move more while seated, so they can choose how to sit from minute to minute, adjusting their posture throughout the day.
- What age groups is this designed for?
Depending on your child's height, we have an active stool that will fit kids ranging from Pre-K up to 5th grade, starting with our 15" stools, which are designed for children from heights ranging from 40" to 49", fitting Pre-Kindergarten to 2nd grade (about ages 5 to 7). If your students are a little taller, our 17" stool would be better, as it's made for kids between the ages 7 to 10 and between the heights of 49" to 59".
- Is sitting on this stool like sitting on a balance ball?
Kind of! The Kids Active Stool will keep little ones engaged similar to a balance ball. But with this body-engaging, yet stable stool, kids get the added benefit of a supportive stool that won't roll away when they stand up!
- How does this work? Is it stable?
The Kids Active Stool by UPLIFT Desk is stable thanks to an anti-slip rubberized bottom that grips the floor, even when users tilt and rotate on the stool. We do advise, however, that users keep at least one foot firmly planted on the ground to ensure that too much weight is not shifted to one side, which could affect the stability of the stool.
- Can this stool replace standard school chairs?
While the Kids Active Stool can be used as a side seat to your kid's full-time school chair, if users plan to sit for extended periods, we advise switching up seats from time to time, from stool to traditional chair.
- Is this portable?
Yes. The stool weighs just under 7 pounds, so it's easy to move around the classroom while maintaining enough stabilizing weight to keep the stool upright on the floor.
- My child is 4' 5". Will this work for her?
Depending on height, you can easily pick what stool is right for your child. The 15" stool was designed to fit a wide range of children, roughly from 40" to 49" tall, and ages 5 to 7. If your child is taller than this range, we advise choosing the 17" Kids Active Stool, which is suitable for children in the age range of 7 to 10 and within heights of 49" to 59".
- What colors can I pick from?
At this time, you can get your Kids Active Stool in your choice of blue or green bases. Both stools come with gray seats.
- How comfortable is this stool?
This stool has been extensively tested and the results were clear: kids love being able to perch and move on the Kids Active Stool! Once they get used to sitting on an active stool, you'll see a difference in their moods, energy levels, and focus, evidence that it's a comfy seating solution for kids!
- Will this stool tip over while my child is sitting on it?
Thanks to the rubber non-slip base on the bottom, your stool will be stable and stay upright when kids are perched on top of it. However, do not try to test the limits of the stool by leaning too far to the side or back, because gravity is real and this can cause the stool to tip over.
- Will this work on carpet?
Yes, carpet and rugs are suitable surfaces for use of this stool. It also works on hard surfaces like concrete and hardwood.
- How long can I comfortably sit on the stool?
Sitting for long stretches of time may cause children to become fatigued, which is why we recommend switching postures. We advise using this stool as a complement to other seating options, and giving kids the freedom to switch from chair to chair when their bodies need it.
Add motion to your child's static study area with the Kids Active Stool by UPLIFT Desk. This fixed height motion stool is available in two solid colors - blue or green. Each stool comes with a gray seat. Your child can sway, wobble, or perch at their desk with this active stool.
From Pre-K to 5th grade, we have a Kids Active Stool model to fit each and every kid! Choose the 15" active stool for kids with heights from 40" to 49" and ages 5 to 7. Or choose the 17" active stool for children with heights between 49" to 59" and from ages 7 to 10.
Just a Note: These are our recommendations. Taller children or kids with longer legs will need to choose the 17" stool for the most comfort.
Get your accessories shipped to you quicker by adding our expedited production option.
Order your desk by 3 pm Central on a business day and we guarantee your order will ship the same day. If placed after this time, your desk is guaranteed to ship the following business day.
If your selected item is not in stock, it will ship per the above guidelines as soon as it arrives.
This product comes standard with a 1-year limited warranty.
- We offer a 30-day trial on all single-item UPLIFT Desk brand orders, with the exception of solid wood and custom laminate desktops. If for any reason you're not satisfied, return the item with no outbound shipping or restocking fees.
- Return windows close 30 days after you receive your item. You are responsible for obtaining a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) within this time.
- All items must be disassembled and returned in "Like new" condition in their original factory packaging. Items not returned in this condition may be subject to additional fees. You are responsible for return shipping costs.
- To start a return, or to view the full returns policy, click here.