- DesksAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolUPLIFT Desk VideosUPLIFT Desk Photo GalleryCustomer Photo GalleryMost Popular Stand Up DesksQuick Ship Standing DesksUPLIFT Solid Wood Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Stand Up Desk with Reclaimed Wood TopUPLIFT Eco or Laminate Height Adjustable DeskUPLIFT Space Saver Standing DeskUPLIFT Standing DesksUPLIFT Laminate Adjustable Height DesksL-Shaped and Large Corner Standing DesksUPLIFT Treadmill DesksUPLIFT ProUPLIFT Base Only Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesUPLIFT Eco Corner Sit-Stand Desk with L-Shaped TopShop other UPLIFT desks >>
- ChairsMesh ChairsBig and Tall Office ChairsPetite Office ChairsErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsSit Stand SeatingHigh Back ChairsChairs with HeadrestsMid Back ChairsTask ChairsLeather ChairsExecutive ChairsKneeling ChairsIntensive Use ChairsHumanscale FreedomShop all popular chairs >>
- Workstation AccessoriesUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesMonitor ArmsKeyboard TrayCPU Holder and Computer MountErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic MouseStorage and OrganizationErgonomic Foot RestsDesk Corner SleeveAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesSee all UPLIFT accessories >>
- BrandsUPLIFT Standing DesksHumanscaleSteelcaseRaynor EurotechKnollAllseatingBalt ProductsBodybilt ChairsergoCentric ChairsErgotechESI ErgonomicsEvoluentExtech InstrumentsFocal Upright FurnitureGoldtouchHealth ChairHOGGANergoThe Human SolutionInnovative Office ProductsISE ErgonomicsKinesis ErgonomicsMaylineMatias ProductsMark-10NaturalPointNeutral PostureNightingaleNOTRAX Anti-Fatigue Floor MattingOffice StarPosturitePlantronics HeadsetsUPLIFT DeskShop all brands >>
- Ergonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Office Desk, Chair and Keyboard Height CalculatorAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolPocket Ergo - Internet Based SoftwarePocket Ergo Internet Based Software with Amazon Fire TabletThe Human Solution Blog -- Tips for a Healthier OfficeErgonomic Chair Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Office ChairMonitor Arm Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Monitor ArmKeyboard Tray Buying Guide: How to Select a Keyboard TrayErgonomic desk, chair and keyboard height calculatorSee more ergonomic tools >>
- MoreChairsDesksTreadmill DesksKeyboard TrayMonitor ArmsErgonomic MouseErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic Foot RestsTask LightWorkstation AccessoriesMac Compatible Ergonomic ProductsPlantronics HeadsetsLaptop ErgonomicsBudget ErgonomicsHumanscale ViewPoint Technology Wall StationsHealthcare Monitor ArmsHealthcare Chairs and StoolsHealthcare Keyboard TraysHealthcare Anti-Fatigue MatsUPLIFT Standing DesksAssessment ToolsIndustrial Equipment ToolAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsHand Trucks and DolliesErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsErgonomic SoftwareMaterial Handling EquipmentDesk Edge ProtectorErgonomic StoolsCasters & WheelsAdjustable TableEntrance and Carpet MatsErgoKitAnthropometric Testing EquipmentForce GaugeHand DynamometerPinch DynamometerSensory Evaluation ToolThermo-hygrometerSound Level MeterLight MeterGoniometer and InclinometerEMGStopwatchTorque Testers and Torque GaugesScaleErgonomic SoftwarePocket Ergo®Ergonomic Consulting & Assessment ServicesVibration Meters
Calculate the ideal height for your ergonomic desk, chair and keyboard
Our ergonomic assessment tool is a quick and easy solution for determining the ideal height for your sit-stand desk, ergonomic chair, keyboard tray and monitor arm. Simply enter your own height; the desk height calculator will provide a set of reliable baseline measurements to help you work with maximum comfort and efficiency.
Get started setting up your ideal ergonomic workstation with our desk height calculator:
Select Height:(switch to metric)
Tips for using the ergonomic adjustment tool
- Factor shoe height (typically 1'') or any clothing allowances into dimensions
- Adjust your workstation to vary posture throughout the day; standing while using the computer helps vary your posture the most
- Using bifocal lenses can require lower monitor heights
- Your comfort is most important. If a specific measurement feels uncomfortable or awkward, reposition your equipment so that it feels more comfortable
- This calculator is not intended as a substitute for professional on-site ergonomic assessment
- Email or print the results for future reference
- Note that these measurements use an average of male and female anthropometric dimensions. Data is based on the 1988 Anthropometric Survey of United States Army Personnel. Ethnic and population differences can vary slightly.
Learn more about setting up your ergonomic workspace
- Sit-stand desks are quickly becoming a popular trend in American workplaces. The idea is simple. By limiting the amount of time you spend seated in a given day, you can stave off a variety of potential health risks. Sit-stand desks also allow you to easily raise and lower your keyboard and monitor to proper heights. Check out our sit-stand desks or fill out our height adjustable desk selector tool for some expert suggestions on which desk will work for you.
- An ergonomic chair is designed to fit your body and keep you comfortable over the course of an eight hour work day. Features such as seat depth adjustment and adjustable lumbar support allow you to vary your posture and stay efficient. View our selection of ergonomic chairs or fill out out ergonomic chair selector tool for expert recommendations.
- A keyboard tray is a crucial, yet sometimes overlooked component of any proper ergonomic setup. The role of the keyboard tray is simple: to bring the keyboard to you so you don't have to adjust to it. This can add up to a significant impact on quite a few muscles and tendons. Take a look at our ergonomic keyboard trays or fill out our keyboard tray selector tool to get expert suggestions.
- A monitor arm is a highly adjustable arm that attaches to your desk, usually with a bolt-through or clamp mount. Once you have your monitor arm installed, you will be able to adjust your monitor as needed throughout the day. This is especially beneficial to your eyes and your neck. Shop for monitor arms at The Human Solution or fill out our monitor arm selector tool to have one of our ergonomic experts provide recommendations.
- You can also complete our online OSHA Office Assessment Checklist for additional help configuring your office properly, or feel free to check out our ergonomic consulting referral section if you would like to speak with an ergonomist for more detailed information.
Ready to start building your perfect workstation? Browse the pages below to find the ergonomic desk and accessories that will work best for you. We offer endless combinations and customizations, so you can find what fits you and your space best!