- DesksAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolUPLIFT Desk VideosUPLIFT Desk Photo GalleryCustomer Photo GalleryMost Popular Stand Up DesksQuick Ship Standing DesksUPLIFT Solid Wood Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Stand Up Desk with Reclaimed Wood TopUPLIFT Eco or Laminate Height Adjustable DeskUPLIFT Space Saver Standing DeskUPLIFT Standing DesksUPLIFT Laminate Adjustable Height DesksL-Shaped and Large Corner Standing DesksUPLIFT Treadmill DesksUPLIFT ProUPLIFT Base Only Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesUPLIFT Eco Corner Sit-Stand Desk with L-Shaped TopShop other UPLIFT desks >>
- ChairsMesh ChairsBig and Tall Office ChairsPetite Office ChairsErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsSit Stand SeatingHigh Back ChairsChairs with HeadrestsMid Back ChairsTask ChairsLeather ChairsExecutive ChairsKneeling ChairsIntensive Use ChairsHumanscale FreedomShop all popular chairs >>
- Workstation AccessoriesUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesMonitor ArmsKeyboard TrayCPU Holder and Computer MountErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic MouseStorage and OrganizationErgonomic Foot RestsDesk Corner SleeveAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesSee all UPLIFT accessories >>
- BrandsUPLIFT Standing DesksHumanscaleSteelcaseRaynor EurotechKnollAllseatingBalt ProductsBodybilt ChairsergoCentric ChairsErgotechESI ErgonomicsEvoluentExtech InstrumentsFocal Upright FurnitureGoldtouch KeyboardHealth ChairHOGGANergoThe Human SolutionInnovative Office ProductsISE ErgonomicsKinesis ErgonomicsMaylineMatias ProductsMark-10NaturalPointNeutral PostureNightingaleNOTRAX Anti-Fatigue Floor MattingOffice StarPosturitePlantronics HeadsetsUPLIFT DeskShop all brands >>
- Ergonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Office Desk, Chair and Keyboard Height CalculatorAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolPocket Ergo - Internet Based SoftwarePocket Ergo Internet Based Software with Amazon Fire TabletThe Human Solution Blog -- Tips for a Healthier OfficeErgonomic Chair Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Office ChairMonitor Arm Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Monitor ArmKeyboard Tray Buying Guide: How to Select a Keyboard TrayErgonomic desk, chair and keyboard height calculatorSee more ergonomic tools >>
- MoreChairsDesksTreadmill DesksKeyboard TrayMonitor ArmsErgonomic MouseErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic Foot RestsTask LightWorkstation AccessoriesMac Compatible Ergonomic ProductsPlantronics HeadsetsLaptop ErgonomicsBudget ErgonomicsHumanscale ViewPoint Technology Wall StationsHealthcare Monitor ArmsHealthcare Chairs and StoolsHealthcare Keyboard TraysHealthcare Anti-Fatigue MatsUPLIFT Standing DesksAssessment ToolsIndustrial Equipment ToolAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsHand Trucks and DolliesErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsErgonomic SoftwareMaterial Handling EquipmentDesk Edge ProtectorErgonomic StoolsCasters & WheelsAdjustable TableEntrance and Carpet MatsErgoKitAnthropometric Testing EquipmentForce GaugeHand DynamometerPinch DynamometerSensory Evaluation ToolThermo-hygrometerSound Level MeterLight MeterGoniometer and InclinometerEMGStopwatchTorque Testers and Torque GaugesScaleErgonomic SoftwarePocket Ergo®Ergonomic Consulting & Assessment ServicesVibration Meters
Non-Electric Standing Desks
When shopping for a desk, there are three main adjustment categories. Electric desks, our most popular options, are easily moved with the push of a button and offer the heaviest weight capacities. These desks are powered by motors that are discreetly located within the desk bases and make little noise while operating. If you plan on adjusting your desk frequently, we strongly recommend an electric adjustment mechanism.
If you are unable to place your standing desk near an outlet, we also offer pneumatic and crank adjustable-height desks, shown below. Pneumatic desks function with a hydraulic gas cylinder and lift easily by hand. Crank adjustable-height desks operate with a mechanical crank lift turned by hand. We do not recommend crank desks if you plan to adjust your desk height often.
Still not sure what you need? Submit a form for personalized recommendations from our desk experts.
Adjustable height desks offered by The Human Solution help you combat fatigue, poor respiration, blood clots, obesity and more. Standing and changing positions while you work burns more calories than sitting throughout the day. Standing at your workspace also helps prevent back pain and injuries. Using a sit-stand desk helps decrease loads on the spine, which can help prevent work injuries.
Standing at your workstation for the recommended amount of time can also help improve focus, promote respiration and increase productivity to help you get through your workday with confidence and comfort.
Click on the blog posts linked below to learn more about the benefits of an adjustable height desk.
- Standing While You Work: Your Life May Depend On It! - Peer reviewed studies illustrate the dangers of sitting all day
- The Importance of Being Upright: An Ergonomic Workspace in Two Parts - How do you benefit from standing up?
- Simple Solutions for Shipping Adjustable Height Standing Desks - Whether you're handy enough to assemble your own desk, or need a hand with delivery and installation, we have a freight option for you.
- Adjustable Height Desk Review: The Humanscale Float Table - The Humanscale Float table is a stylish, non-electric adjustable height desk.
- Fight Chronic Back Pain with the Right Ergonomic Chair and Desk - Take your desk to the next level with a great ergonomic chair!
- Height Adjustable Standing Desks: Why Go with Electric? - Find out why an electric-operated sit-to-stand desk may be a better option.