- DesksAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolUPLIFT Desk VideosUPLIFT Desk Photo GalleryCustomer Photo GalleryMost Popular Stand Up DesksQuick Ship Standing DesksUPLIFT Solid Wood Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Stand Up Desk with Reclaimed Wood TopUPLIFT Eco or Laminate Height Adjustable DeskUPLIFT Space Saver Standing DeskUPLIFT Standing DesksUPLIFT Laminate Adjustable Height DesksL-Shaped and Large Corner Standing DesksUPLIFT Treadmill DesksUPLIFT ProUPLIFT Base Only Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesUPLIFT Eco Corner Sit-Stand Desk with L-Shaped TopShop other UPLIFT desks >>
- ChairsMesh ChairsBig and Tall Office ChairsPetite Office ChairsErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsSit Stand SeatingHigh Back ChairsChairs with HeadrestsMid Back ChairsTask ChairsLeather ChairsExecutive ChairsKneeling ChairsIntensive Use ChairsUPLIFT Motion StoolShop all popular chairs >>
- Workstation AccessoriesUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesMonitor ArmsKeyboard TrayCPU Holder and Computer MountErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic MouseStorage and OrganizationErgonomic Foot RestsDesk Corner SleeveAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesSee all UPLIFT accessories >>
- BrandsUPLIFT Standing DesksHumanscaleSteelcaseRaynor EurotechKnollAllseatingBalt ProductsBodybilt ChairsergoCentric ChairsErgotechESI ErgonomicsEvoluentExtech InstrumentsFocal Upright FurnitureGoldtouchHealth ChairHOGGANergoThe Human SolutionInnovative Office ProductsISE ErgonomicsKinesis ErgonomicsMaylineMatias ProductsMark-10NaturalPointNeutral PostureNightingaleNOTRAX Anti-Fatigue Floor MattingOffice StarPosturitePlantronics HeadsetsUPLIFT DeskShop all brands >>
- Ergonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Office Desk, Chair and Keyboard Height CalculatorAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolThe Human Solution Blog -- Tips for a Healthier OfficeErgonomic Chair Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Office ChairMonitor Arm Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Monitor ArmKeyboard Tray Buying Guide: How to Select a Keyboard TrayErgonomic desk, chair and keyboard height calculatorSee more ergonomic tools >>
- MoreChairsDesksTreadmill DesksKeyboard TrayMonitor ArmsErgonomic MouseErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic Foot RestsTask LightWorkstation AccessoriesMac Compatible Ergonomic ProductsPlantronics HeadsetsLaptop ErgonomicsBudget ErgonomicsHumanscale ViewPoint Technology Wall StationsHealthcare Monitor ArmsHealthcare Chairs and StoolsHealthcare Keyboard TraysHealthcare Anti-Fatigue MatsUPLIFT Standing DesksAssessment ToolsIndustrial Equipment ToolAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsHand Trucks and DolliesErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsErgonomic SoftwareMaterial Handling EquipmentDesk Edge ProtectorErgonomic StoolsCasters & WheelsAdjustable TableEntrance and Carpet MatsErgoKitAnthropometric Testing EquipmentForce GaugeHand DynamometerPinch DynamometerSensory Evaluation ToolThermo-hygrometerSound Level MeterLight MeterGoniometer and InclinometerEMGStopwatchTorque Testers and Torque GaugesScaleErgonomic SoftwarePocket Ergo®Ergonomic Consulting & Assessment ServicesVibration Meters
Professor Ergo's Biography
Jon Paulsen, MS, CPE is our in-house certified ergonomist. He can assist you with your office and industrial ergonomic product needs. Please don't hesitate to email or call him at 1-800-531-ERGO (3746).
Jon Paulsen received his Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Utah in 1993. He also received his Master of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering with a specialization in Ergonomics from the same University in 1996.
As a Mechanical Engineer for Albertsons, he helped optimize material handling processes and reduced ergonomic risk in large scale distribution center operations. Later he worked as an Ergonomic Consultant within various industries including manufacturing, warehouse, mining, and refinery operations. He joined Applied Materials in 1997 and directed a team of ergonomists as managing ergonomist in the Industrial Engineering department for eight years and owned all Cleanroom Manufacturing in the Volume Manufacturing and Assembly Line Operations. Most recently he is President and Lead Ergonomist for SquareGrove®, LLC (dba The Human Solution®, UPLIFT Desk, and Ergonomic Chair Pro) in Austin, Texas where he does ergonomic consulting and business development. Human Solution® Office Furniture (a division of SquareGrove, LLC) is headquartered in Austin, Texas, and has been in operation since 2002.
Mr. Paulsen is a Lean Manufacturing and Tooling Design expert. He has completed hundreds of ergonomic assessments and implemented corrective actions to reduce risk. He specializes in tooling design for factory, refinery, cleanroom, and assembly line manufacturing operations. He has developed many powered and manual tools that are Best Known Methods in manufacturing, mining, and factory environments.
Mr. Paulsen received certificate #1129 from the Board of Certification in Professional Ergonomics (BCPE) as a Certified Professional Ergonomist. He is a member of the Institute for Industrial Engineers and the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society.
M.S. Mechanical Engineering, June 1996 Specialization: Human Factors/Ergonomics: University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, June 1993: University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
Certified Professional Ergonomist, April 2003, certificate #1129 from the Board of Certification in Professional Ergonomics, Inc.
2005 National Ergonomic Conference and Exposition (NECE) Attendees' Choice Nominee for designing and producing the Ergokit, ergonomic assessment equipment kit and Pocket Ergo ergonomic assessment software for phones, tablets, laptops and computers.
- Mr. Paulsen designed and developed Pocket Ergo, ergonomic assessment software that operates on on any device with an internet connection, including iPad and Android tablets, smartphones, computers and laptops
- Best Known Methods for reducing push/pull forces through caster and material handling equipment design
Jon stars in The Human Solution's thirty-second television spot: