- DesksAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolUPLIFT Desk VideosUPLIFT Desk Photo GalleryCustomer Photo GalleryMost Popular Stand Up DesksQuick Ship Standing DesksUPLIFT Solid Wood Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Stand Up Desk with Reclaimed Wood TopUPLIFT Eco or Laminate Height Adjustable DeskUPLIFT Space Saver Standing DeskUPLIFT Standing DesksUPLIFT Laminate Adjustable Height DesksL-Shaped and Large Corner Standing DesksUPLIFT Treadmill DesksUPLIFT ProUPLIFT Base Only Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesUPLIFT Eco Corner Sit-Stand Desk with L-Shaped TopShop other UPLIFT desks >>
- ChairsMesh ChairsBig and Tall Office ChairsPetite Office ChairsErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsSit Stand SeatingHigh Back ChairsChairs with HeadrestsMid Back ChairsTask ChairsLeather ChairsExecutive ChairsKneeling ChairsIntensive Use ChairsUPLIFT Motion StoolShop all popular chairs >>
- Workstation AccessoriesUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesMonitor ArmsKeyboard TrayCPU Holder and Computer MountErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic MouseStorage and OrganizationErgonomic Foot RestsDesk Corner SleeveAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesSee all UPLIFT accessories >>
- BrandsUPLIFT Standing DesksHumanscaleSteelcaseRaynor EurotechKnollAllseatingBalt ProductsBodybilt ChairsergoCentric ChairsErgotechESI ErgonomicsEvoluentExtech InstrumentsFocal Upright FurnitureGoldtouchHealth ChairHOGGANergoThe Human SolutionInnovative Office ProductsISE ErgonomicsKinesis ErgonomicsMaylineMatias ProductsMark-10NaturalPointNeutral PostureNightingaleNOTRAX Anti-Fatigue Floor MattingOffice StarPosturitePlantronics HeadsetsUPLIFT DeskShop all brands >>
- Ergonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Office Desk, Chair and Keyboard Height CalculatorAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolPocket Ergo - Internet Based SoftwarePocket Ergo Internet Based Software with Amazon Fire TabletThe Human Solution Blog -- Tips for a Healthier OfficeErgonomic Chair Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Office ChairMonitor Arm Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Monitor ArmKeyboard Tray Buying Guide: How to Select a Keyboard TrayErgonomic desk, chair and keyboard height calculatorSee more ergonomic tools >>
- MoreChairsDesksTreadmill DesksKeyboard TrayMonitor ArmsErgonomic MouseErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic Foot RestsTask LightWorkstation AccessoriesMac Compatible Ergonomic ProductsPlantronics HeadsetsLaptop ErgonomicsBudget ErgonomicsHumanscale ViewPoint Technology Wall StationsHealthcare Monitor ArmsHealthcare Chairs and StoolsHealthcare Keyboard TraysHealthcare Anti-Fatigue MatsUPLIFT Standing DesksAssessment ToolsIndustrial Equipment ToolAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsHand Trucks and DolliesErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsErgonomic SoftwareMaterial Handling EquipmentDesk Edge ProtectorErgonomic StoolsCasters & WheelsAdjustable TableEntrance and Carpet MatsErgoKitAnthropometric Testing EquipmentForce GaugeHand DynamometerPinch DynamometerSensory Evaluation ToolThermo-hygrometerSound Level MeterLight MeterGoniometer and InclinometerEMGStopwatchTorque Testers and Torque GaugesScaleErgonomic SoftwarePocket Ergo®Ergonomic Consulting & Assessment ServicesVibration Meters
Steelcase Leap Chair Plus
The design of the Steelcase Leap Chair Plus is based on four years of exhaustive research into the way people sit while working. The result is the unique Liveback Technology, which allows users to adjust their chair dynamically, contouring to fit the shape of the spine. The Steelcase Leap Chair Plus is the heavy-duty cousin of Steelcase's immensely popular Leap Chair, intended to support up to 500 lbs for all day use. Steelcase Leap Chairs Plus are unusually comfortable and supportive and offer a wide range of adjustments.
Want a better price on this item? Contact us for a quote.
|Choose Options Below||click on for more info|
Receive a free gift as appreciation for being a valued Human Solution customer! Choose one of the following options:
- A FREE Goldtouch Go! Travel Notebook and Tablet Stand - View your tablet or laptop in a more comfortable ergonomic position with this lightweight, adjustable stand, which can also be used as a document holder.
- A FREE Goldtouch Adjustable Keyboard - GTN-0033 - This keyboard's split design promotes a more natural and ergonomic typing position.
- A FREE UPLIFT CPU Holder - Clear up desktop space and keep your computer tower off the floor by mounting it to the underneath of your desktop. This accessory is great for height-adjustable desk users.
- A FREE UPLIFT Single Monitor Arm - Mount a monitor weighing between 4.5 lbs - 17.5 lbs, and adjust the height, depth or lateral position with easy fingertip adjustment.
- A FREE $100 gift certificate toward an UPLIFT Desk - There's no better time to make the switch to a height-adjustable desk! Gift certificate is good toward full two and three-leg UPLIFT Desks; excludes scratch and dent models.
The Steelcase Leap Chair Plus is available in your choice of a black or platinum frame:
Steelcase chairs are available in a variety of durable, vibrant fabrics. Buzz2 is 100 percent polyester, in 28 different colors. Cogent: Connect provides beautiful saturated shades. Chainmail is sustainable and stylish, made entirely of post-consumer material. Finally, select Steelcase chairs can be upholstered in leather, ranging from traditional tones to bright, modern hues.
The Steelcase Leap Chair Plus is available with or without arms. There are some applications where arms get in the way of tasks. For computer users we recommend Steelcase arms because they're some of the best on the market and they can lower to about thigh level. The highly adjustable arms move in and out, forward and back, up and down and pivot, so you can find the exact position for optimal support and comfort.
Select hard casters for carpeted floors or soft casters for hard floors, including concrete and tile.
Free Ergonomic Webinar
This chair purchase includes a free half-hour Online Ergonomic Training Webinar with an ergonomic pro. This webinar will help you learn how best to use ergonomic tools and make the right choices for your workstation. Anyone interested in building an ideal workspace for their own unique needs should take advantage of this offer. The webinar will cover valuable ergonomic essentials such as:
- Understanding the biomechanics of sitting
- Setting up a workstation to maximize efficiency
- Adjusting a chair to promote neutral posture
- Learning exercises to reduce stress and fatigue
- Click here to chat to get answers to your questions!
The Steelcase Leap Plus breaks new ground for heavy-duty chairs, utilizing Liveback Technology, the same that was created for the original Leap Chair. Patented Liveback Technology recognizes that your upper and lower back move independently of each other, and that for maximum comfort the chair needs to support this movement. The result is a seating experience that changes as you shift positions throughout the day. Because of these dynamic support mechanisms, the Steelcase Leap Plus is an excellent choice for users up to 500 lbs and recommended for all day use.
Features - Steelcase Leap Chair Plus
- Liveback Technology changes the shape of the back of the chair to support your entire spine reducing the chance of lower back sag or a hunched posture which can weaken disc walls, stress back ligaments and cause deterioration of the spine
- Thermal comfort uses slats in both the chair back and seat in combination with special foam to ensure that the Leap chair offers excellent breathability, so you will still be comfortable regardless of room temperature
- Adjustable seat depth provides a custom fit so that the depth of your seat supports your legs properly without compromising circulation, and it works in tandem with the flexible seat edge
- Higher weight capacity and wider seat design
- Versatile arm positioning moves in and out, forward and back, up and down, and pivot, so you can find the exact position for optimal support and comfort
- Natural Glide System allows the seat to glide forward as you recline without leaving your optimal vision and reach zone, keeping you better oriented to your work; this encourages you to change your position during the day which is healthier for your spine
- Upper back force lets you set the amount of resistance you encounter as your recline, so you'll receive the desired support you need
Steelcase Leap Chair Plus Technical Specifications
|Overall chair height||38 3/4" - 42 1/2"|
|Seat height||15 1/2" - 19 1/2"|
|Back height from seat||24 1/2"|
|Seat width||22 3/4"|
|Width between arms||17 1/2'' - 24 3/4''|
|Weight limit||500 lbs|
|Warranty||12 year warranty|
- Seat Height Raise or lower the seat to match your height
- Seat Depth Change the seat depth to match the length of your thighs
- Dynamic Mechanism A dynamic reclining mechanism that provides support and encourages motion without adjustment levers
- Tilt Tension Increase or decrease the recline tension to match your body weight
- Arm Height Adjust the chair arm height to match your natural elbow height
- Arm Width Arms adjust inward and outward to match your body width
- Arm Elbow Pivot Arms pivot inward and outward from the elbow, giving better support for keyboarding tasks
- Lumbar Raise or flatten the curvature of your lumbar support
- Waterfall Seat Edge Contoured or flexible seat edge reduces pressure at the backs of the knees
- Adjustable Headrest Raise or lower the headrest to match your height. Some headrests may also feature depth adjustment
- Contoured Cushions Contoured cushions follow the natural curvature of your body helping to evenly disperse pressure and give full support
- Seat Height Raise or lower the seat to match your height
Professor Ergo's Thoughts:
By popular demand, the Steelcase Leap Chair Plus is here with all of the ergonomic benefits of a regular Steelcase Leap Chair for heavyset users. With so few heavy-duty ergonomic seating options available, this chair will immediately "leap" to the forefront of that category. The Steelcase Leap Chair Plus is rated for all day use up to 500 lbs.
July 19, 2012
Yea, it's a LOT of money for a chair. But $500 for the last one rated 50lbs more than i needed was trash inside 2 months and it took 8 weeks to get a replacement part. the service from the human solution was phenominal as well. now - the chair. I LOVE IT. it's got more options than a 20 year microsoft employee and very well built. well worth the money. i notice an improvement in my back and shoulder pain and that alone makes this chair worthwhile. and look at it - it seems to be smiling at you! jerry