- DesksAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolUPLIFT Desk VideosUPLIFT Desk Photo GalleryCustomer Photo GalleryMost Popular Stand Up DesksQuick Ship Standing DesksUPLIFT Solid Wood Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Stand Up Desk with Reclaimed Wood TopUPLIFT Eco or Laminate Height Adjustable DeskUPLIFT Space Saver Standing DeskUPLIFT Standing DesksUPLIFT Laminate Adjustable Height DesksL-Shaped and Large Corner Standing DesksUPLIFT Treadmill DesksUPLIFT ProUPLIFT Base Only Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesUPLIFT Eco Corner Sit-Stand Desk with L-Shaped TopShop other UPLIFT desks >>
- ChairsMesh ChairsBig and Tall Office ChairsPetite Office ChairsErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsSit Stand SeatingHigh Back ChairsChairs with HeadrestsMid Back ChairsTask ChairsLeather ChairsExecutive ChairsKneeling ChairsIntensive Use ChairsUPLIFT Motion StoolShop all popular chairs >>
- Workstation AccessoriesUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesMonitor ArmsKeyboard TrayCPU Holder and Computer MountErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic MouseStorage and OrganizationErgonomic Foot RestsDesk Corner SleeveAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesSee all UPLIFT accessories >>
- BrandsUPLIFT Standing DesksHumanscaleSteelcaseRaynor EurotechKnollBalt ProductsBodybilt ChairsergoCentric ChairsErgotechESI ErgonomicsEvoluentExtech InstrumentsFocal Upright FurnitureGoldtouchHealth Postures Computer TaskmateHOGGANergoThe Human SolutionInnovative Office ProductsISE ErgonomicsKinesis ErgonomicsMaylineMatias ProductsMark-10Neutral PostureNightingaleNOTRAX Anti-Fatigue Floor MattingOffice StarPosturiteUPLIFT DeskShop all brands >>
- Ergonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Office Desk, Chair and Keyboard Height CalculatorAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolThe Human Solution Blog -- Tips for a Healthier OfficeErgonomic Chair Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Office ChairMonitor Arm Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Monitor ArmKeyboard Tray Buying Guide: How to Select a Keyboard TrayErgonomic desk, chair and keyboard height calculatorSee more ergonomic tools >>
- MoreChairsDesksTreadmill DesksKeyboard TrayMonitor ArmsErgonomic MouseErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic Foot RestsTask LightWorkstation AccessoriesMac Compatible Ergonomic ProductsPlantronics HeadsetsLaptop ErgonomicsBudget ErgonomicsHumanscale ViewPoint Technology Wall StationsHealthcare Monitor ArmsHealthcare Chairs and StoolsHealthcare Keyboard TraysHealthcare Anti-Fatigue MatsUPLIFT Standing DesksAssessment ToolsIndustrial Equipment ToolAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsHand Trucks and DolliesErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsErgonomic SoftwareMaterial Handling EquipmentDesk Edge ProtectorErgonomic StoolsAdjustable TableEntrance and Carpet MatsErgoKitAnthropometric Testing EquipmentForce GaugeHand DynamometerPinch DynamometerSensory Evaluation ToolThermo-hygrometerSound Level MeterLight MeterGoniometer and InclinometerEMGStopwatchTorque Testers and Torque GaugesScaleErgonomic SoftwarePocket ErgoErgonomic Consulting & Assessment ServicesVibration Meters
Via Riva Ergonomic Task Chair
Via's Riva Ergonomic Task Chair series features modern European styling and American-made quality, all while offering an ergonomic solution for your office. This Via Seating collection features your choice of three seat sizes, two chair back heights, three arm styles and a host of other options so you can create a unique design that fits you. See our Riva Drafting Chair for a taller ergonomic chair solution. All Via Riva Ergonomic Task Chairs are available in a wide variety of fabrics, vinyl and leather.Read More...
|Choose Options Below||click on for more info|
The Via Riva Ergonomic Task Chair is available in your choice of seat sizes:
- Small: 19'' W x 17.5'' D
- Medium: 20'' W x 19'' D
- Large: 21 1/2'' W x 19 1/2'' D
The Via Riva Ergonomic Task Chair is available in your choice of back heights:
- Mid-back height range: 20.5'' - 23.5'' H
- High-back height range: 21'' - 24'' H
The mid back comes standard with the front side upholstered and a black back to match the frame, or upgrade to both the front and back of the seat back fully upholstered. The high back is only available in a fully upholstered model.
The Via Riva Ergonomic Task Chair is available with optional mechanical lumbar support. This adjusts with a knob and works well if you are experiencing discomfort in your lower back.
Pick a chair mechanism that best meets your needs for your chair adjustment.
Order your chair armless or with your choice of these arms:
Via offers the fabrics and leathers below, and they will also use your fabric if you wish (call us for more details). All the fabrics listed here are in stock and ship in about a week.
Insight - Grade A
Insight is a durable 100% polyester fabric with an acrylic backing, featuring rich, stain resistant colors. Abrasion rating is 192,000 double rubs. It can be cleaned with water based agents, foam or pure water-free solvents.
Origin - Grade A
Origin is a durable 100% polyester woven fabric with an acrylic backing that is stain resistant. Abrasion rating is 210,000 double rubs. It can be cleaned with water based agents, foam or pure water-free solvents.
Hue - Grade 1
Hue is crafted of 100% recycled polyester and features a latex backing and a teflon surface finish. Hue is extremely durable, an excellent choice for 24/7, multi-user applications as its abrasion rating is one million rubs. It can be cleaned with water based agents, foam or pure water-free solvents.
Corrected Leather - Grade 5
Grade 5 corrected leather is available in black only but offers the beauty of true leather at a reduced cost. It is stiffer and may take a bit more time to soften up but should deliver the same or better durability.
Top Grain Leather - Grade 6
Grade 6 top grain leather is extremely high quality and colored with pure aniline dyes. They feature rich colors and a durable, protective finish with a very soft and supple hand. Treat as you would any fine leather.
Prolence Leather - Grade 8
Prolence leather is the top of the line. It is a premium, top grain, European hide featuring aniline dyes and a transparent topical finish that protects from some stains and reduces moisture absorption. All colors are created in the initial dying phase. No shading or stains are added to the surface, so nothing obscures the natural shadings and typical surface irregularities. This creates an extremely soft hand and rich colors. Treat as you would any fine leather.
Standard Black Base
Your Riva chair comes standard with black, dual wheel carpet casters.
Standard Black Carpet Casters
Hard Floor Casters
The Via Riva Ergonomic Task Chair is fully customizable so the user can design a chair that meets their needs. Design an entire office with chairs that fit each user while maintaining a cohesive look. Select only the features you need improving value as well.
Via Riva Ergonomic Task Chair
- Injected molded back features a comfortable, curved design
- Ratchet back height adjustment
- High density, cold cured, molded, CFC-free, polyurethane foam offers great feel and long lasting comfort
- Arm pads feature durable, soft-skinned urethane that can be upholstered
- Pneumatic gas cylinder height adjustment with 360 degree swivel
- Riva Task Chair can be ordered with a seat slider
- Limited lifetime warranty
|Back height||Mid: 20 1/4'' - 23 1/4'' H; High: 23 1/4'' - 26 1/4'' H|
|Seat height||Standard: 16 1/2'' - 21 1/2''|
|Seat||Small: 19 1/4'' W x 17 3/4'' D; Med: 20'' W x 19'' D; Large: 21 1/2'' W x 19 1/2'' D (seat slider recommended)|
|Weight limit||275 lbs (comfortably fits up to 220 lbs)|
Download more information
After spending almost $600, I learned that even THIS chair is too big for me (I'm 4'11")
January 12, 2016
Human Solution customer service, ordering, and shipping were great. Chair was also very easy to assemble/set up. I opted for all of the add-ons that I felt would customize the chair enough to really fit my body, but: - The full-function arms do not come in close enough to rest my elbows at an ergonomically correct angle - The small seat is still too deep for me to rest my feet on the floor while making contact with the back, which also means that - The swivel tilt control with seat-slider and mechanical lumbar support do not come forward enough to properly cushion my body I purchased an extra lumbar support cushion from Amazon, but it doesn't work very well either, getting caught in the gap between the chair back and the seat and "sinking down" when I rest against it. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed having spent a small fortune on this "special" chair and will have to continue to try modifying it with cushions, foot rests, etc. I see that some women who are a little taller had good luck with this model, but if you are under 5'0" I recommend not wasting your money.
The Woodlands, TX
I would recommend this item to a friend.
August 5, 2015
Just thought I'd toss this out - I've had a VIA chair that looks exactly like this model for 20 years, and while I do a lot more standing (and Swopping) as out understanding of healthy office work has changed, this chair is still comfortable and in excellent condition despite being my only office chair for 17-18 of those 20 years. My husband got an armless version at the same time and while his doesn't get the same workout as mine, it is also in perfect condition. If the quality is still there, this chair is totally worth the investment. Just make sure that the arm rests are low enough to prevent you from hunching your shoulders even a little bit, and you are golden.
Via Riva Ergonmic Chair
August 6, 2012
I love the chair, very comfortable for a vertically challenged person like myself. But, your customer service leaves alot to be desires. It took me several weeks to get my chair because the arms were on backorder. No problem. When it finally came it I opened the box, it was very easy to assemble. Great. But I noticed when I when to raise and lower the chair the level was install incorrectly. I called customer service, talked to several people, then was informed that another department would be calling me back. Several days passed and no call. I had to remove the level in order to raise the chair so I could use it. Bottom line, I love the chair, very comfortable, but it is no longer adjustable. Don't believe I would purchase another one from your company.
Good chair for short person
June 15, 2012
This chair was recommended in web searches for those of us who are a short. Since I am on the computer all day, I needed a a chair that fit me really well, and this one does. I loved that I could order the color and options I wanted. Another great thing was that it came almost fully assembled and it was very easy to attach the base to the rest of the chair so I could start using it right away.
January 8, 2012
This chair is just what I needed. It is very good for a short person (I am 5 ft. 1 inch) since I can bring it down to 16 1/2 inches. The lumbar support hugs my back. The arm rests are adjustable and I can position them to just the right height. The seat cushion is fairly firm, but comfortable which I like. Definitely a good choice!