For a radically different drafting chair experience, the Seating Inc. Monterey 400 24/7 Big and Tall Drafting Chair delivers more comfort for big and tall users everywhere.
The Monterey 400 Drafting Chair by Seating Inc. offers a supportive taller height seating solution for larger than average sitters, as well as those who need a tall chair for 24/7 all-day use. The Monterey 400 blends elegant style with heavy-duty construction, featuring energy-absorbing foam cushions that make for one exceptionally comfortable chair. The Monterey 400 Drafting Chair also comes with a sculpted and stitched mid back, optional Schukra lumbar support, multiple arm choices, and a collection of upholstery options.
The Monterey 400 24/7 Big and Tall Drafting Chair includes the same luxurious styling options as the Monterey 275, Monterey 350, and Monterey 550 task and executive chairs with the addition of your choice of two taller height ranges and a functional foot ring. Decorative top-stitching and a fully upholstered back make this a stylish addition to the modern office space. The thickly padded, energy-absorbing foam seat reduces pressure on your hips and back, letting you work for longer durations without poor posture or circulation to slow your workflow.
- Quick-to-set height-adjustable back
- Optional patented Schukra adjustable lumbar support
- Infinite locking back angle adjustment
- Optional seat slider for seat depth adjustment
- Comes standard with 2 casters and 3 glides for a combination of security and mobility
- 5-star extra tough composite base with height-adjustable, 20" anti-slip foot ring
|Overall Dimensions||24" W x 25" D x 40" H|
|Seat Back||19 W x 19" H (medium)|
|Seat Size||21.5" W x 20" D|
|Weight capacity||400 lbs|
The mechanism determines how your chair moves and what adjustment capabilities it will have. For maximum adjustability, we recommend the Multi-function tilt.
Swivel/ Seat Height
The Swivel/ Seat Height Mechanism offers basic height adjustment. The vertical travel is 2.625'' with seven locking positions. This is a basic, no nonsense mechanism.
Quick Set Back
The Quick Set Back Mechanism has a vertical travel of 2.625'' with seven locking positions. The articulating back angle adjustment offers a 15° range. This is a great mechanism for multiple users.
Icon fabrics are grade 1 textiles and are constructed with 100% polyolefin. They have an abrasion resistance rating of over 750,000 double rubs.
Leather/Vinyl is constructed with 100% analine through dyed leather and 100% expandable vinyl.
T-style Height Adjustable Arms
- Basic height adjustable arms
- Urethane arm pads
T-style Height and Width Adjustable Arms
- Basic height and width adjustable arms
- Urethane arm pads
T-style Four Way Adjustable Arms
- Height and width adjustable arms
- Forward slide
- Urethane pads can be rotated 360 degrees to provide additional ergonomic support for keyboard use
- Arms provide an additional 1.625" width adjustment
- Dimensions: 9.5" H x 10.5" L x 4.25" W
The optional Schukra lumbar support is vastly different from most chair lumbar supports. It gives each vertebral disk in the lumbar region support and relief and relaxes the back muscles. The hand wheel allows for infinite personalization of support.
Choose a seat slider for 2.5" of lever-activated seat depth adjustment. Adding a seat slider will give you the ability to move the seat 1.25" forward or back.
The Monterey 400 drafting stool comes standard with 5 dual wheel hooded carpet casters or soft twin wheels for hard floors. Choose glides for a stationary drafting stool.
Choose from three cylinder heights for the Monterey 400 chair.
|Standard cylinder||22'' - 30'' H|
|Full height cylinder||24'' - 34'' H|
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Within the past 2 years, I have gone through 2 drafting chairs. The Human Solution chair is my third. However, it is such better quality and comfort, I don't think I'll have to worry about getting another chair for a long time!
This product comes standard with a 15-year limited warranty.
- Return windows close 30 days after you receive your item.
- You are responsible for obtaining a Return Merchandise Authorization, the cost of shipping, and potential restocking fees, if the item has been opened.
- To start a return, or to view the full returns policy, click here.