- DesksAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolUPLIFT Desk VideosUPLIFT Desk Photo GalleryCustomer Photo GalleryMost Popular Stand Up DesksQuick Ship Standing DesksUPLIFT Solid Wood Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Stand Up Desk with Reclaimed Wood TopUPLIFT Eco or Laminate Height Adjustable DeskUPLIFT Space Saver Standing DeskUPLIFT Standing DesksUPLIFT Laminate Adjustable Height DesksL-Shaped and Large Corner Standing DesksUPLIFT Treadmill DesksUPLIFT ProUPLIFT Base Only Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesUPLIFT Eco Corner Sit-Stand Desk with L-Shaped TopShop other UPLIFT desks >>
- ChairsMesh ChairsBig and Tall Office ChairsPetite Office ChairsErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsSit Stand SeatingHigh Back ChairsChairs with HeadrestsMid Back ChairsTask ChairsLeather ChairsExecutive ChairsKneeling ChairsIntensive Use ChairsUPLIFT Motion StoolShop all popular chairs >>
- Workstation AccessoriesUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesMonitor ArmsKeyboard TrayCPU Holder and Computer MountErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic MouseStorage and OrganizationErgonomic Foot RestsDesk Corner SleeveAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesSee all UPLIFT accessories >>
- BrandsUPLIFT Standing DesksHumanscaleSteelcaseRaynor EurotechKnollAllseatingBalt ProductsBodybilt ChairsergoCentric ChairsErgotechESI ErgonomicsEvoluentExtech InstrumentsFocal Upright FurnitureGoldtouchHealth ChairHOGGANergoThe Human SolutionInnovative Office ProductsISE ErgonomicsKinesis ErgonomicsMaylineMatias ProductsMark-10NaturalPointNeutral PostureNightingaleNOTRAX Anti-Fatigue Floor MattingOffice StarPosturitePlantronics HeadsetsUPLIFT DeskShop all brands >>
- Ergonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Office Desk, Chair and Keyboard Height CalculatorAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolThe Human Solution Blog -- Tips for a Healthier OfficeErgonomic Chair Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Office ChairMonitor Arm Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Monitor ArmKeyboard Tray Buying Guide: How to Select a Keyboard TrayErgonomic desk, chair and keyboard height calculatorSee more ergonomic tools >>
- MoreChairsDesksTreadmill DesksKeyboard TrayMonitor ArmsErgonomic MouseErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic Foot RestsTask LightWorkstation AccessoriesMac Compatible Ergonomic ProductsPlantronics HeadsetsLaptop ErgonomicsBudget ErgonomicsHumanscale ViewPoint Technology Wall StationsHealthcare Monitor ArmsHealthcare Chairs and StoolsHealthcare Keyboard TraysHealthcare Anti-Fatigue MatsUPLIFT Standing DesksAssessment ToolsIndustrial Equipment ToolAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsHand Trucks and DolliesErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsErgonomic SoftwareMaterial Handling EquipmentDesk Edge ProtectorErgonomic StoolsCasters & WheelsAdjustable TableEntrance and Carpet MatsErgoKitAnthropometric Testing EquipmentForce GaugeHand DynamometerPinch DynamometerSensory Evaluation ToolThermo-hygrometerSound Level MeterLight MeterGoniometer and InclinometerEMGStopwatchTorque Testers and Torque GaugesScaleErgonomic SoftwarePocket Ergo®Ergonomic Consulting & Assessment ServicesVibration Meters
Dexterity Chair-Mounted Mouse Platform
The Dexterity Chair-Mounted Mouse Platform allows you to operate your mouse while resting your arm on your chair, eliminating the need to reach. When combined with a vertical mouse such as the Evoluent Vertical Mouse, your wrist avoids extension and your shoulder and elbow can relax, minimizing or eliminating pain. The Dexterity platform allows you to sit back and make the most of your chair's ergonomic support, further easing stress on your back and neck. Scroll down for more Dexterity Mouse Platform details and specifications.Read More...
|Choose Options Below||click on for more info|
Standard model does not include wrist rest.
Deluxe model is also available with a padded wrist rest for extra comfort.
Two models of the Dexterity are available: the standard Dexterity platform and the new deluxe version with a wrist rest and improved straps to hold the platform more securely on an armrest.
Dexterity Platform Features
- Adjustable arms easily slide out to accommodate almost any chair arm; width range is from approximately 1" wide to 5.75" wide
- Position adjustability allows you to swing your pad closer or further away from you to fit the length of your arms perfectly; it can also be moved out of the way when not in use
- Mousing platform features a soft, neoprene pad and a raised rim so your mouse and pad won't slide off
- Two models options available: the Standard model or the Deluxe Dexterity mousing platform with padded wrist rest
Download more information
I would recommend this item to a friend.
Perfect for my chair
February 23, 2015
The system for attaching this thing to your chair arm worked well for my regular chair. It may not work so well for some chairs, but that should be obvious to anyone from reading the description of how the thing is attached. I definitely recommend paying a little extra for the bean bag. Indeed, I don't think I'd like this product nearly as much if it did not have the beanbag to cushion the wrist.
Good product for trackball, GREAT after mods
October 8, 2013
I purchased the Dexterity Platform with the optional wrist support bean bag. I wanted something to put my Logitech Marble Mouse USB non-wireless trackball on besides my desk or lap. This review looks long, but mostly it tells how I permanently installed the platform to my computer chair. I have been using this same model trackball for over 8 years. I am using one of those nice computer chairs that goes up and down and has 3 levers on the side, and both armrests raise and lower and are supported by a thick piece of metal coming up from underneath. It worked great when I first got it adjusted to my liking and the Velcro tightened down. But slowly, I noticed the pad slowly "un-velcro-ing" from the weight of my wrist. If they had straps that had a different attachment system this might not be a problem, but I could not take it. I actually stopped using it for half the day because adjusting it is too much work too often. So I then attached the Dexterity with the long skinny supports that are supposed to tighten against the chair's armrest sides INSTEAD THIS TIME JUST UNDERNEATH the armrest and adjusted it to be in a comfortable position. Then I drilled two holes, one closest to the front and one closest to the rear of the chair, all the way through the Dexterity, then through the armrest, and then through the other side of the Dexterity. It only drilled through plastic, no metal. Make sure your drill bit is bigger or just about the same as your screw. I then put 2 long round top machine screws through all the layers (with the head on the inside of the chair to avoid scrapes) and a self locking nut on the outside end. 2 nuts could be substituted for 1 self locking nut. The size will vary with your chair and I just used bolts from around the house, so they were sticking out and I ground them down after I had the nuts on tight. They ended up being 3 3/8" each for my application. Now I removed the Velcro and it's not ever going to change position! The "point" of the teardrop should have a gap in the raised rim for a cord, I think. My trackball fits perfectly but that's where the cord comes out and I didn't want to stress it, so I put the Dexterity in a vice and cut a nice "U" out of the point. I had been using the Dexterity with the close edge of the trackball raised about a half inch on a foam wrist rest, also where my wrist rests. This keeps my wrist at a more natural angle. The bean bag attaches to the underneath side with vercro, and the "male" part of the velcro can be pulled off (it's really strong adhesive though!) and readjusted. I adjusted it to go farther back so my foam can be my wrist rest and the bean bag bridges the gap to the armrest but now the adhesive isn't as good and I might need to super glue or epoxy it. Overall this is saving me from a lot of pain so I definitely recommend it to anyone who uses the computer a lot. I can now lay back, put my feet up, have my arms on the armrest and the "table" and trackball lean back with me! Yay!! Also, the product is very solid and thick ABS plastic. I did not expect it to be as sturdy as it was. I can still raise and lower my armrest height, I made sure to give it enough clearance that I could work the lever. I did notice that when I had the locking nuts cranked down too hard, that the armrest height adjustment lever would engage, and I couldn't keep the armrest high. The nuts don't really need to be very tight, since all the weight is on the side of the screws. My next project is to get a wireless USB hub, hook it up to a battery pack and attach it to the chair so I don't have to keep putting my trackball on the desk to avoid tripping on the cord! I hope this can help somebody! email email@example.com for a photo!
dexterity chair arm mousing platform
March 19, 2013
Love the bean bag for wrist support.
Dexterity Chair Arm-Mounted Mousing Platform
November 27, 2012
I bought this to replace one side of a Mobo ergonomic workstation that had broken. I received it and it installed very easily in about 5 minutes. Unfortunately the mouse part itself was about half the size I would like and has very high sidewalls. Also, the armrest portion has nothing to cover the straps which irritated my arm. It has decent construction and can be very sturdy if you tighten the straps enough. In the end I ordered another Mobo to replace my old one and this product is sitting in a corner gathering dust. thehumansolution.com has a return policy,you have to ship it back to them at your expense for a refund minus 10% restocking fee. I would recommend this product so long as you are fully aware of just how small this thing is.
January 30, 2012
I highly recommend adding the bean bag for wrist support. The straps need to be secured tightly to avoid slippage. I swing the pad back and forth a lot so I have to tighten the knob from time to time. Overall, this product has made a huge improvement in my wrist, shoulder and neck.