- DesksAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolUPLIFT Desk VideosUPLIFT Desk Photo GalleryCustomer Photo GalleryMost Popular Stand Up DesksQuick Ship Standing DesksUPLIFT Solid Wood Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Stand Up Desk with Reclaimed Wood TopUPLIFT Eco or Laminate Height Adjustable DeskUPLIFT Space Saver Standing DeskUPLIFT Standing DesksUPLIFT Laminate Adjustable Height DesksL-Shaped and Large Corner Standing DesksUPLIFT Treadmill DesksUPLIFT ProUPLIFT Base Only Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesUPLIFT Eco Corner Sit-Stand Desk with L-Shaped TopShop other UPLIFT desks >>
- ChairsMesh ChairsBig and Tall Office ChairsPetite Office ChairsErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsSit Stand SeatingHigh Back ChairsChairs with HeadrestsMid Back ChairsTask ChairsLeather ChairsExecutive ChairsKneeling ChairsIntensive Use ChairsUPLIFT Motion StoolShop all popular chairs >>
- Workstation AccessoriesUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesMonitor ArmsKeyboard TrayCPU Holder and Computer MountErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic MouseStorage and OrganizationErgonomic Foot RestsDesk Corner SleeveAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesSee all UPLIFT accessories >>
- BrandsUPLIFT Standing DesksHumanscaleSteelcaseRaynor EurotechKnollAllseatingBalt ProductsBodybilt ChairsergoCentric ChairsErgotechESI ErgonomicsEvoluentExtech InstrumentsFocal Upright FurnitureGoldtouchHealth ChairHOGGANergoThe Human SolutionInnovative Office ProductsISE ErgonomicsKinesis ErgonomicsMaylineMatias ProductsMark-10NaturalPointNeutral PostureNightingaleNOTRAX Anti-Fatigue Floor MattingOffice StarPosturitePlantronics HeadsetsUPLIFT DeskShop all brands >>
- Ergonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Office Desk, Chair and Keyboard Height CalculatorAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolPocket Ergo - Internet Based SoftwarePocket Ergo Internet Based Software with Amazon Fire TabletThe Human Solution Blog -- Tips for a Healthier OfficeErgonomic Chair Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Office ChairMonitor Arm Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Monitor ArmKeyboard Tray Buying Guide: How to Select a Keyboard TrayErgonomic desk, chair and keyboard height calculatorSee more ergonomic tools >>
- MoreChairsDesksTreadmill DesksKeyboard TrayMonitor ArmsErgonomic MouseErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic Foot RestsTask LightWorkstation AccessoriesMac Compatible Ergonomic ProductsPlantronics HeadsetsLaptop ErgonomicsBudget ErgonomicsHumanscale ViewPoint Technology Wall StationsHealthcare Monitor ArmsHealthcare Chairs and StoolsHealthcare Keyboard TraysHealthcare Anti-Fatigue MatsUPLIFT Standing DesksAssessment ToolsIndustrial Equipment ToolAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsHand Trucks and DolliesErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsErgonomic SoftwareMaterial Handling EquipmentDesk Edge ProtectorErgonomic StoolsCasters & WheelsAdjustable TableEntrance and Carpet MatsErgoKitAnthropometric Testing EquipmentForce GaugeHand DynamometerPinch DynamometerSensory Evaluation ToolThermo-hygrometerSound Level MeterLight MeterGoniometer and InclinometerEMGStopwatchTorque Testers and Torque GaugesScaleErgonomic SoftwarePocket Ergo®Ergonomic Consulting & Assessment ServicesVibration Meters
Ergohuman Chair Video and Written Reviews
How to Adjust your Ergohuman
This video shows numerous ways to adjust the ergohuman chair by as demonstrated by our in-house, certified
professional ergonomist (CPE), Jon Paulsen . Read his thorough review below.
by Jon Paulsen - Certified Professional Ergonomist, MS Engineering Degree
There are many ergonomic chairs available but it can be a mistake to purchase one simply because it is labeled ergonomic. I’m usually weary of chairs that include reference to ergonomics in their name. Many companies are labeling products “ergonomic” with little credibility or true ergonomic considerations. That said… the Ergohuman chair passes my “ergonomic” test. It is designed to accommodate a wide range of people and is easily adjustable. To be ergonomic for a particular person, a chair must accommodate the person’s anthropometry (body dimensions), their workstation setup, and the job or recreational tasks that are performed.
For many of my clients, the Ergohuman chair is one of the most comfortable mid-priced chairs on the market and it fits them properly. The number of adjustment controls makes the Ergohuman chair appealing. It has all the required basic ergonomic adjustments and also has some high-end features. The seat depth adjustment mechanism – used to adjust the location of the seat behind the knee - is a high-end chair feature for this mid-priced chair. The seat slide and height adjustment will help insure your legs are fully supported while preventing pressure behind your knees that can cause poor blood circulation and popliteal sciatic nerve impingement. The breathable mesh fabric will keep you cool if leather chairs tend to make you hot. The leather version has all of the same adjustability of the mesh version but with a foam seat cushion instead of the mesh seat. The mesh seat is thinner and will thus adjust lower than the foam seat.
One thing to watch is the lowered height of the chair. The mesh chair only lowers to a seat height of 17 inches. Thus, people under 5’5” may need to use a footrest to insure their feet are supported. The chair has a five point stable base with very nice wheels and the armrests are large and well padded to prevent mechanical stress on the ulnar nerve in the forearm (an increasingly common problem that causes tingling in the pinky finger).
The Ergohuman chair competes well with high end chairs (compare to Herman Miller Aeron and Steelcase Leap Chair). The manufacturer offers a limited lifetime warranty that covers all but normal fabric wear and tear. A broken chair is never very ergonomic so purchasing a well made chair that has good warranty support is obviously important. The manufacturer has been very responsive to two of my clients that had issues. I’m sitting in my Ergohuman mesh with headrest chair (ME7ERG) as I write this review.
Jon Paulsen is an ergonomist and mechanical engineer. He has worked in Fortune 500 companies as an ergonomics consultant for over 10 years.