- DesksAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolUPLIFT Desk VideosUPLIFT Desk Photo GalleryCustomer Photo GalleryMost Popular Stand Up DesksQuick Ship Standing DesksUPLIFT Solid Wood Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Stand Up Desk with Reclaimed Wood TopUPLIFT Eco or Laminate Height Adjustable DeskUPLIFT Space Saver Standing DeskUPLIFT Standing DesksUPLIFT Laminate Adjustable Height DesksL-Shaped and Large Corner Standing DesksUPLIFT Treadmill DesksUPLIFT ProUPLIFT Base Only Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesUPLIFT Eco Corner Sit-Stand Desk with L-Shaped TopShop other UPLIFT desks >>
- ChairsMesh ChairsBig and Tall Office ChairsPetite Office ChairsErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsSit Stand SeatingHigh Back ChairsChairs with HeadrestsMid Back ChairsTask ChairsLeather ChairsExecutive ChairsKneeling ChairsIntensive Use ChairsHumanscale FreedomShop all popular chairs >>
- Workstation AccessoriesUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesMonitor ArmsKeyboard TrayCPU Holder and Computer MountErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic MouseStorage and OrganizationErgonomic Foot RestsDesk Corner SleeveAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesSee all UPLIFT accessories >>
- BrandsUPLIFT Standing DesksHumanscaleSteelcaseRaynor EurotechKnollAllseatingBalt ProductsBodybilt ChairsergoCentric ChairsErgotechESI ErgonomicsEvoluentExtech InstrumentsFocal Upright FurnitureGoldtouchHealth ChairHOGGANergoThe Human SolutionInnovative Office ProductsISE ErgonomicsKinesis ErgonomicsMaylineMatias ProductsMark-10NaturalPointNeutral PostureNightingaleNOTRAX Anti-Fatigue Floor MattingOffice StarPosturitePlantronics HeadsetsUPLIFT DeskShop all brands >>
- Ergonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Office Desk, Chair and Keyboard Height CalculatorAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolPocket Ergo - Internet Based SoftwarePocket Ergo Internet Based Software with Amazon Fire TabletThe Human Solution Blog -- Tips for a Healthier OfficeErgonomic Chair Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Office ChairMonitor Arm Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Monitor ArmKeyboard Tray Buying Guide: How to Select a Keyboard TrayErgonomic desk, chair and keyboard height calculatorSee more ergonomic tools >>
- MoreChairsDesksTreadmill DesksKeyboard TrayMonitor ArmsErgonomic MouseErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic Foot RestsTask LightWorkstation AccessoriesMac Compatible Ergonomic ProductsPlantronics HeadsetsLaptop ErgonomicsBudget ErgonomicsHumanscale ViewPoint Technology Wall StationsHealthcare Monitor ArmsHealthcare Chairs and StoolsHealthcare Keyboard TraysHealthcare Anti-Fatigue MatsUPLIFT Standing DesksAssessment ToolsIndustrial Equipment ToolAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsHand Trucks and DolliesErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsErgonomic SoftwareMaterial Handling EquipmentDesk Edge ProtectorErgonomic StoolsCasters & WheelsAdjustable TableEntrance and Carpet MatsErgoKitAnthropometric Testing EquipmentForce GaugeHand DynamometerPinch DynamometerSensory Evaluation ToolThermo-hygrometerSound Level MeterLight MeterGoniometer and InclinometerEMGStopwatchTorque Testers and Torque GaugesScaleErgonomic SoftwarePocket Ergo®Ergonomic Consulting & Assessment ServicesVibration Meters
Airobic Quill Mouse
The Aerobic (also known as the Airobic Mouse or AirO2bic mouse) has been designed to keep your hand and wrist in a "neutral" position, relaxing your muscles and eliminating the stress most mousing positions create in your hand, fingers, wrist and forearm. Relaxed muscles are not only more comfortable, but are less likely to tire, ache or injure. The AirO2bic Mouse can prevent repetitive stress injuries; if you're already experiencing problems, the Airobic Mouse can help ease your pain. Scroll down to see more Quill mouse features and specifications.Read More...
|Choose Options Below||click on for more info|
The Airobic Quill Mouse is available in a right or left-handed model.
This mouse is no longer available in white.
- Left Hand - Black
- Right Hand - Black
The optional Quill Mouse Mat offers the perfect companion mat for the Airobic Mouse as it provides an optimal mousing area for more healthy upper arm movement; it also has a surface chosen for compatibility with the Quill's high glide feet.
The Quill Mouse Pad makes it easier to use your Quill quickly. Most people travel 63 miles over their mouse mat, so any effort saved can make a big difference. The Quill mouse pad has an illustration of good posture as a handy visual reminder while you work throughout your day. It also ensures you allocate the right amount of work space to get the most out of your Quill. Measuring 8 1/2 inches wide and 10 3/4 inches long, it gives you plenty of space to maneuver. The Quill Mouse and mat encourage you to use and move your upper arm to help maintain your circulation, rather than remain in a static posture. Part# 0180-1180
Click-less software is avaiable for the Airobic Quill Mouse for added convenience. Nib for PC and McNib for Mac software allows users to point at the screen and have the software click for them when pausing over the icon or file. Nib and McNib work by intelligently monitoring your cursor moves on the screen and when you pause, Nib performs the mouse click for you. Nib is the reinvention of a program called MouseTool, which is no longer commercially available. The click-less software is available here as an accessory or you can purchase it at a later time via the Nib & McNib (Gestures) Quill Click-less Software product page.
Most default clicks are left clicks, but Nib and McNib recognize that users need to be able to choose between a right and left click, so the software displays a toolbar so that a right or double click can be selected by pausing over that icon. Recent developments in the gesture technology remove the need to go to the toolbar. Now choosing a right, left or double click is easier: to right click, all you need do is pause over the file or icon to be clicked, then "gesture" to the right and return for the software to perform the right click. It then goes back to the default left click.
Nib & McNib offer visual indicators at the cursor that allow the user to see what is happening at the part of the screen they are looking at. The software has been optimized for web browsing. You can surf all night (take regular breaks) and never have to click a button. It also has an intelligent break timer that monitors activity and adjusts the time to the next break on that basis. The PC version has the option to disable the keyboard and mouse for the duration of the break.
DragnMove highlights text, copies & pastes and moves frames. Users can surf the Web without having to click a single mouse button. Click Count monitors user and software clicks so users know just how much muscular activity they save. Break Timer sets an interval between breaks as well as the break duration. Hot keys allow keyboard emulation of many mouse button functions and ApplyNib sets different functions in different windows.See exactly how Nib & McNib Software works:
Download and try out 30 day demo versions of Nib and McNib:
When you purchase this software, we will email you download instructions and the registration code. No hard copies of the software will be shipped and no shipping charges will be incurred.
Each software license may be installed on up to 2 computers for a single user.
- Click here to chat to get answers to your questions!
Airobic Quill Mouse - AIRO2bic mouse
A group of experts concluded that using an ordinary mouse for more than 20 hours a week is likely to lead to an injury within two to five years. This happens because most mice require you to tense muscles, and muscles that are tensed and held that way for longer periods of time are in a potentially harmful, static posture. A static posture is required to some degree when you grip an ordinary mouse and even with some so-called vertical mice. This is a non-neutral posture and can be expected to lead eventually to a repetitive stress injury. In contrast, the Airobic Quill Mouse places your hand into a neutral, stress-free position. When used with the optional Quill Nib Clickless software, the Airobic Mouse delivers a virtually stress-free mousing system.
The Quill Mouse is designed with a wrist guard heel and sidewall, which stops the strain of wrists flexing in both the vertical and horizontal directions and allows for totally grip-less movement. This means your wrist doesn't have to drag the weight of your hand, so you no longer need to grip your mouse with your fingers and thumb.
Airobic Quill Mouse Features
- USB connectivity
- No need for special drivers (MAC drivers are available here)
- Optical tracking provides for low maintenance and high accuracy
- 3 button mouse design
- Scroll wheel
- CD included offers PS/2, driver and other informative material
- Quill Warranty: the manufacturer guarantees quality, the mechanical reliability and electro-mechanical function of the mouse for a period of 2 years from the date of purchase
LOVE this mouse!
July 3, 2014
as soon as I started using this mouse pain in my shoulder, neck, arm and hand literally went away! I've been using this mouse exclusively at work for 5 years and my second mouse just died. The only reason I don't give it a 5 star is that they are expensive and should last a little longer than 2 1/2 years. Absurd! and really? it still has a wire?
Airobic Quill Mouse
October 10, 2012
I have not been able to use this third mouse much since over time because my computer began not recognizing as a USB device and hence the mouse stops working. When the mouse was initially working it did not respond that quickly or smoothly. The mouse failed to make small precise movements as it either over shot or undershot where I was trying to move the cursor to and a natural response to grip it tighter made my wrist pain worse. Although the hand position was nearly perfect for me, it did make the heel of my hand sore after several hours. The biggest drawback I believe is the poor quality of the components used to make it since my first two didn't last. The first two mice didn't last long because something plastic inside broke. The company owner was very nice and offered to replace it for a discount, but neither I nor my employer are willing to pay for another one. For $100 one deserves to get a quality mouse or a decent multi-year warranty. The company had a great idea, but skimped on the construction and materials quality.
Relief from wrist pain
July 26, 2012
I started using the Airobic mouse a little over a year ago along with an egonomic curved keyboard. It has not totally eliminated wrist pain, but there has been a significant reduction. I too am on the computer 8-10 hours a day. I have these items both in my home office and at work. It has been well worth the investment! I did have an issue with the mouse about 2 months after purchase, but the company sent me a new one, and it has worked perfectly since. It does take some getting used to at first. The tendency is to more too fast because you are using larger muscle movement. And you do still try to use the wrist at first. It's all a matter of re-training yourself to use it properly!
Airobic Quill Mouse
January 18, 2012
I have used the mouse for over 2 years. It has eliminated the pain I had in my arm and wrist. I use the mouse for 7-10 hrs every day.
Relief from Pain
July 18, 2011
I received my AirObic mouse a little over a week and and have already seen noticeable reduction in my wrist pain. I agree with one of the other writers about the top button being a little tight, but you can compensate for that by keeping the finger straight and tilting the arm slightly to click. Once you get used to how to move the mouse and use the whole finger to click, it is easy to use. I absolutely recommend it.