Contour RollerMouse Free2
Our in-house Certified Professional Ergonomist is recommending the improved Mousetrapper Mouse instead of the Rollermouse. We no longer sell the Contour RollerMouse Free2 or Rollermouse Pro from Contour Designs. Please see our Contour Rollermouse and Mousetrapper review. We have found that the Mousetrapper offers a number of improvements over the Rollermouse Pro and RollerMouse Free2.
Similar to the Mousetrapper design, the Contour RollerMouse Free2 sits directly in front of your keyboard. This ergonomic mouse allows you to work directly in front of you within the "neutral" posture zone. Staying in your neutral zone eliminates the need to reach to either side and keeps your elbows comfortably by your side. Repetitive reaching can lead to tightness and pain in the upper back, neck, shoulders and elbow areas.
Also similar to the Mousetrapper, the Rollermouse Free2 is manipulated with the use of an unflexed hand, eliminating the need to clutch or hold a device to control the cursor. Your fingertips roll the narrow bar up and down or side to side simultaneously. This unique design feature allows you to easily navigate the entire screen with very little friction or resistance. Eliminating the need to flex your fingers avoids activity through the carpal tunnel. You bypass the stress a traditional mouse causes the carpal tunnel that can create numbness, tingling and/or pain.
Stay flexible by using either hand or both. The centered mouse buttons encourage the use of either or both hands, reducing the risk of injury to your dominant mousing hand.
Ergonomists like the Free2 upgrade from the Contour RollerMouse for the following reasons:
- It works better with split keyboards because the length of the scroll bar is longer
- The more symmetric look and feel of the bar and buttons lends an increased perception of comfort and control
- Non-skid coating on the bar for better control
- Intuitive to use with left hand
- Less wrist deviation due to the longer bar, and narrower design reduces forward reach; this is significant for users with shorter arms
- This model is much easier to carry