- DesksAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolUPLIFT Desk VideosUPLIFT Desk Photo GalleryCustomer Photo GalleryMost Popular Stand Up DesksQuick Ship Standing DesksUPLIFT Solid Wood Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Stand Up Desk with Reclaimed Wood TopUPLIFT Eco or Laminate Height Adjustable DeskUPLIFT Space Saver Standing DeskUPLIFT Standing DesksUPLIFT Laminate Adjustable Height DesksL-Shaped and Large Corner Standing DesksUPLIFT Treadmill DesksUPLIFT ProUPLIFT Base Only Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesUPLIFT Eco Corner Sit-Stand Desk with L-Shaped TopShop other UPLIFT desks >>
- ChairsMesh ChairsBig and Tall Office ChairsPetite Office ChairsErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsSit Stand SeatingHigh Back ChairsChairs with HeadrestsMid Back ChairsTask ChairsLeather ChairsExecutive ChairsKneeling ChairsIntensive Use ChairsUPLIFT Motion StoolShop all popular chairs >>
- Workstation AccessoriesUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesMonitor ArmsKeyboard TrayCPU Holder and Computer MountErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic MouseStorage and OrganizationErgonomic Foot RestsDesk Corner SleeveAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesSee all UPLIFT accessories >>
- BrandsUPLIFT Standing DesksHumanscaleSteelcaseRaynor EurotechKnollAllseatingBalt ProductsBodybilt ChairsergoCentric ChairsErgotechESI ErgonomicsEvoluentExtech InstrumentsFocal Upright FurnitureGoldtouchHealth ChairHOGGANergoThe Human SolutionInnovative Office ProductsISE ErgonomicsKinesis ErgonomicsMaylineMatias ProductsMark-10NaturalPointNeutral PostureNightingaleNOTRAX Anti-Fatigue Floor MattingOffice StarPosturitePlantronics HeadsetsUPLIFT DeskShop all brands >>
- Ergonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Office Desk, Chair and Keyboard Height CalculatorAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolPocket Ergo - Internet Based SoftwarePocket Ergo Internet Based Software with Amazon Fire TabletThe Human Solution Blog -- Tips for a Healthier OfficeErgonomic Chair Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Office ChairMonitor Arm Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Monitor ArmKeyboard Tray Buying Guide: How to Select a Keyboard TrayErgonomic desk, chair and keyboard height calculatorSee more ergonomic tools >>
- MoreChairsDesksTreadmill DesksKeyboard TrayMonitor ArmsErgonomic MouseErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic Foot RestsTask LightWorkstation AccessoriesMac Compatible Ergonomic ProductsPlantronics HeadsetsLaptop ErgonomicsBudget ErgonomicsHumanscale ViewPoint Technology Wall StationsHealthcare Monitor ArmsHealthcare Chairs and StoolsHealthcare Keyboard TraysHealthcare Anti-Fatigue MatsUPLIFT Standing DesksAssessment ToolsIndustrial Equipment ToolAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsHand Trucks and DolliesErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsErgonomic SoftwareMaterial Handling EquipmentDesk Edge ProtectorErgonomic StoolsCasters & WheelsAdjustable TableEntrance and Carpet MatsErgoKitAnthropometric Testing EquipmentForce GaugeHand DynamometerPinch DynamometerSensory Evaluation ToolThermo-hygrometerSound Level MeterLight MeterGoniometer and InclinometerEMGStopwatchTorque Testers and Torque GaugesScaleErgonomic SoftwarePocket Ergo®Ergonomic Consulting & Assessment ServicesVibration Meters
Steelcase Gesture Chair - Standard Configuration
The Steelcase Gesture Chair is built from the ground up to meet the needs of the modern office, with an exceptional range of motion designed to support workers regardless of what type of device they're using. The unique 360° arm is designed to provide full arm support and features a single release button, and Steelcase's 3D LiveBack technology allows the chair to move and automatically adjust to the back as you change position. Combined with other great features such as adjustable back tension and a variable back stop, Steelcase Gesture Chairs offer unparalleled flexibility and support for workers in contemporary device-heavy offices.
This listing is no longer available, however these configurations and countless others are available on the build-your-own Steelcase Gesture Chair.
|Choose Options Below||click on for more info|
The Steelcase Gesture Chair - Standard Configuration is available with either a hard plastic shell back design or a wrapped back with partial upholstery over the top of the chair to match the back and seat.
- Click here to chat to get answers to your questions!
Designed for those who find themselves frequently using laptops, smartphones, and tablet PCs, the Steelcase Gesture Chair features an unparalleled degree of flexibility that allows it to support you in nearly any posture. In order to support new, unique device-related postures, the Steelcase Gesture features 3D LiveBack technology and a core equalizer system that moves along with the human body, conforming to your back as you move and recline. Unique arm supports support a much wider range of arm positions than traditional chair arms thanks to a one-touch release that allows them to adjust with 360° of motion.
Combined with adjustable tilt tension, variable back stop system, and flexible front seat edge, the Steelcase Gesture Chair perfectly blends the comforts of classic ergonomic office chairs with features designed for the contemporary office.
The Human Solution has a wide range of ergonomic options for laptop and tablet users. Check out our selection of laptop and tablet stands, monitor arms for tablets and laptops, and adjustable height desks.
These chairs ship in a stock configuration. The Steelcase Gesture Chairs on this page will ship with the following specifications:
Steelcase Gesture Chair - Standard Configuration
- 360° arms offer a large range of arm adjustment with the push of a button
- 3D LiveBack technology allows the back to move and conform to nearly any posture
- Unique core equalizer system automatically adjusts with the angle of the seat and back to provide the correct level of lumbar support when reclined or upright
- Variable back stop can be adjusted to give more or less recline range
- Passive front seat edge flexes to minimize pressure against the thighs and knee joint
Steelcase Gesture Chair - Standard Configuration Specifications
|Chair dimensions||22.375'' - 34.625'' W x 39.25'' - 44.25'' H|
|Seat dimensions||20'' W x 21'' - 23.625'' D|
|Back height from seat||23.25'' H|
|Seat height||16'' H - 21'' H|
|Back width||16.25'' W|
|Arm width||10.25'' W - 22.5'' W|
|Weight limit||300 lbs|
|Warranty||12 year warranty|
Design Story - Steelcase Gesture Chair
Learn how Steelcase's designers created the Steelcase Gesture Chair and see it in action!
Adjustability - Steelcase Gesture Chair
Discover the wide range of adjustments that are possible with the Steelcase Gesture Chair.
Professor Ergo's Thoughts:
The Steelcase Gesture Chair provides an ideal seating experience for the 21st century office worker, with a design meant to support users who work in more unconventional postures due to usage of portable devices such as tablets, smartphones, and laptops. Flexible LiveBack technology and 360° arm movement allow the Gesture to move along with you, and provide the same support and comfort Steelcase chairs are known for.