- DesksAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolUPLIFT Desk VideosUPLIFT Desk Photo GalleryCustomer Photo GalleryMost Popular Stand Up DesksQuick Ship Standing DesksUPLIFT Solid Wood Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Stand Up Desk with Reclaimed Wood TopUPLIFT Eco or Laminate Height Adjustable DeskUPLIFT Space Saver Standing DeskUPLIFT Standing DesksUPLIFT Laminate Adjustable Height DesksL-Shaped and Large Corner Standing DesksUPLIFT Treadmill DesksUPLIFT ProUPLIFT Base Only Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesUPLIFT Eco Corner Sit-Stand Desk with L-Shaped TopShop other UPLIFT desks >>
- ChairsMesh ChairsBig and Tall Office ChairsPetite Office ChairsErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsSit Stand SeatingHigh Back ChairsChairs with HeadrestsMid Back ChairsTask ChairsLeather ChairsExecutive ChairsKneeling ChairsIntensive Use ChairsUPLIFT Motion StoolShop all popular chairs >>
- Workstation AccessoriesUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesMonitor ArmsKeyboard TrayCPU Holder and Computer MountErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic MouseStorage and OrganizationErgonomic Foot RestsDesk Corner SleeveAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesSee all UPLIFT accessories >>
- BrandsUPLIFT Standing DesksHumanscaleSteelcaseRaynor EurotechKnollBalt ProductsBodybilt ChairsergoCentric ChairsErgotechESI ErgonomicsEvoluentExtech InstrumentsFocal Upright FurnitureGoldtouchHealth ChairHOGGANergoThe Human SolutionInnovative Office ProductsISE ErgonomicsKinesis ErgonomicsMaylineMatias ProductsMark-10Neutral PostureNightingaleNOTRAX Anti-Fatigue Floor MattingOffice StarPosturiteUPLIFT DeskShop all brands >>
- Ergonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Office Desk, Chair and Keyboard Height CalculatorAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolThe Human Solution Blog -- Tips for a Healthier OfficeErgonomic Chair Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Office ChairMonitor Arm Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Monitor ArmKeyboard Tray Buying Guide: How to Select a Keyboard TrayErgonomic desk, chair and keyboard height calculatorSee more ergonomic tools >>
- MoreChairsDesksTreadmill DesksKeyboard TrayMonitor ArmsErgonomic MouseErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic Foot RestsTask LightWorkstation AccessoriesMac Compatible Ergonomic ProductsPlantronics HeadsetsLaptop ErgonomicsBudget ErgonomicsHumanscale ViewPoint Technology Wall StationsHealthcare Monitor ArmsHealthcare Chairs and StoolsHealthcare Keyboard TraysHealthcare Anti-Fatigue MatsUPLIFT Standing DesksAssessment ToolsIndustrial Equipment ToolAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsHand Trucks and DolliesErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsErgonomic SoftwareMaterial Handling EquipmentDesk Edge ProtectorErgonomic StoolsAdjustable TableEntrance and Carpet MatsErgoKitAnthropometric Testing EquipmentForce GaugeHand DynamometerPinch DynamometerSensory Evaluation ToolThermo-hygrometerSound Level MeterLight MeterGoniometer and InclinometerEMGStopwatchTorque Testers and Torque GaugesScaleErgonomic SoftwarePocket Ergo®Ergonomic Consulting & Assessment ServicesVibration Meters
Steelcase Leap Chair with 3D Knit Mesh Back
The Steelcase Leap Chair with 3D Knit Mesh Back is a cooler, slightly lighter-weight version of the popular Steelcase Leap Chair. With a mesh back, you'll get the exact same ergonomic support you're used to getting, but with better airflow and a more dynamic look. As the product of four years of intensive research into how people sit, Steelcase Leap Chairs with 3D Knit Mesh Back are designed to seat the widest possible range of people comfortably. View our entire Steelcase Leap selection here.
Want a better price on this item? Contact us for a quote.
|Choose Options Below||click on for more info|
Receive a free gift as appreciation for being a valued Human Solution customer! Choose one of the following options:
- A FREE UPLIFT Notebook and Tablet Stand - View your tablet or laptop in a more comfortable ergonomic position with this lightweight, adjustable stand, which can also be used as a document holder.
- A FREE Goldtouch Adjustable Keyboard - GTN-0033 - This keyboard's split design promotes a more natural and ergonomic typing position.
- A FREE UPLIFT CPU Holder - Clear up desktop space and keep your computer tower off the floor by mounting it to the underneath of your desktop. This accessory is great for height-adjustable desk users.
- A FREE UPLIFT Single Monitor Arm - Mount a monitor weighing between 4.5 lbs - 17.5 lbs, and adjust the height, depth or lateral position with easy fingertip adjustment.
- A FREE $100 gift certificate toward an UPLIFT Desk - There's no better time to make the switch to a height-adjustable desk! Gift certificate is good toward full two and three-leg UPLIFT Desks; excludes scratch and dent models. (Please note: There is a limit of one gift certificate or coupon per desk order.)
The Steelcase Leap chair is available in your choice of a black or platinum frame:
Steelcase chairs are available in a variety of durable, vibrant fabrics. Buzz2 is 100 percent polyester, in 28 different colors. Cogent: Connect provides beautiful saturated shades. Chainmail is sustainable and stylish, made entirely of post-consumer material. Finally, select Steelcase chairs can be upholstered in leather, ranging from traditional tones to bright, modern hues.
Unlike some mesh chairs, 3D Knit mesh is soft to the touch and will not abrade your clothing.
The Steelcase Leap chair is available with or without arms. There are some applications where arms get in the way of tasks. For computer users we recommend Steelcase arms because they're some of the best on the market and they can lower to about thigh level. The highly adjustable arms move in and out, forward and back, up and down and pivot, so you can find the exact position for optimal support and comfort.
The Steelcase Leap chair is available with or without a headrest. The headrest provides additional support to the head and neck while reclining, but it is not adjustable.
The Steelcase Leap Chair is available with a standard (seat height: 15 1/2'' - 20 1/2'') or tall (seat height: 17'' - 24'') cylinder.
Select hard casters for carpeted floors or soft casters for hard floors, including concrete and tile.
Free Ergonomic Webinar
This chair purchase includes a free half-hour Online Ergonomic Training Webinar with an ergonomic pro. This webinar will help you learn how best to use ergonomic tools and make the right choices for your workstation. Anyone interested in building an ideal workspace for their own unique needs should take advantage of this offer. The webinar will cover valuable ergonomic essentials such as:
- Understanding the biomechanics of sitting
- Setting up a workstation to maximize efficiency
- Adjusting a chair to promote neutral posture
- Learning exercises to reduce stress and fatigue
The Steelcase Leap Chair has long been a top choice of those who spend eight to ten hours or more in their chair. Unlike many chairs, the Leap offers a streamlined design that fits a wide range of body types and is easy to adjust, comes in an extensive line of fast-shipping fabric options, and provides excellent ergonomic support and comfort.
We have heard our customers in warmer climates who love the Leap's ergonomics but would prefer something with a cooling mesh back, and we are pleased to offer the Steelcase Leap Chair with 3D Knit Mesh Back. With intuitive Liveback technology, a Natural Glide System that moves forward as you recline, keeping you at an optimal angle and at an ideal vision and reach range throughout the day, and a host of other features available only from Steelcase, the Steelcase Leap Chair with 3D Knit Mesh Back, creates a sitting experience unlike any you've ever had.
Features - Steelcase Leap Chair
- Responsive LiveBack Technology: The Leap's padded, contoured chair back flexes as you move to provide constant ergonomic back support. Stay seated in total comfort while the Leap's LiveBack Technology promotes a healthy posture, no matter your position.
- Seat Depth Adjustment: Slide the Leap Chair's seat forward and back until you find the best, most comfortable seat depth and lock it into place. The Leap makes it easy to fit the seat's depth to your body and height.
- Upper Back Force Adjustment: Customize the resistance you feel as you recline in the Leap chair with an intuitive dial on the left side of chair. This makes rocking back and forth more comfortable.
- Lower Back Firmness Adjustment: Add even more lumbar support by adjusting the lower back firmness, which supports your lower back and helps prevent hunching and lower back sagging.
- Natural Seat Glide: This features promotes spinal health by allowing the Leap Chair's seat to glide forward as you lean back, which keeps your posture at a supported and comfortable level.
- Adjustable Arms: The Leap Chair's arms are incredibly easy to manipulate. They move in and out, forward and back, up and down and pivot, so you can find the exact position you need for any task or position.
- Cooling Comfort: The Leap Chair's back foam and progressive back slat system also keep you cool and comfortable, so you get the breathability of a mesh chair with the superior support of a foam padded upholstered chair.
Steelcase Leap Chair with 3D Knit Mesh Back Specifications
|Overall chair height||38.5" - 43.5" H|
|Seat height||16" - 20.5" H|
|Back height from seat||25" H|
|Seat width||19.25" W|
|Seat Depth||15.75"- 18.75" D|
|Back width||18" W|
|Arm Width||15" - 20" W, pivot adjustment adds 2.25" for total range of 12.75" - 20" W|
|Weight Limit||400 lbs.|
Professor Ergo's Thoughts:
The Steelcase Leap Chair with 3D Knit Mesh Back includes the same features that the regular Leap Chair does. So why would you want mesh instead of a cushioned back? Some people, particularly those in warmer climates, prefer the extra airflow you get with mesh. You're already making the right call by going with the Leap chair -- whether you get the 3D Knit Mesh Back or not is a personal preference.