The center support beam is installed between the desk legs directly below the desktop. It provides extra support and stability to your desktop.
Support beams are available in the following lengths:
- 32 3/4 inch support beam for 36 inch wide desktop
- 38 3/4 inch support beam for 42 inch wide desktop
- 44 3/4 inch support beam for 48 inch wide desktop
- 50 3/4 inch support beam for 54 inch wide desktop
- 56 3/4 inch support beam for 60 inch wide desktop
- 62 3/4 inch support beam for 66 inch wide desktop
- 68 3/4 inch support beam for 72 inch wide desktop
The actual length of the free space between the desk legs will be 4 3/4" narrower than the length of the support beam. For example, if you select the 32 3/4� support beam, you will have 30� of free space between the desk legs.
Choosing the right support beam length for your desktop:
In order for your desk to look great and function properly, your desktop must be at least one inch wider than the support beam length. For example, if you select the 32 3/4" support beam, your desktop must measure 33 3/4" or wider.
We recommend choosing a desktop that is at least 2 inches wider than the support beam length. For example, if you select the 32 3/4" support beam, we suggest selecting the 36" wide standard size desktop, or a custom length desktop that is at least wider than 34". (However, a desktop that is at least one inch wider than the support beam will also work.)
Support beam height and design:
All support beams are 1 1/2� tall. These are very discreet support beams that are installed directly below your desktop. They are designed to provide a very comfortable amount of leg room, and they will not interfere with your legs or knees while you are seated. The support beams are only visible from underneath the desk.
Support beams and keyboard trays:
If you plan to attach a keyboard tray to your Uplift 800 Desk, we recommend ordering a keyboard tray system with an 11-inch track (or shorter). If you'd like to attack a keyboard tray that will fully stow underneath the desk, we recommend looking at our Uplift 700 Electric Sit-Stand Desk
, which features no support beam.
Back to options
Choose from the following two keypad control options for your Uplift Sit-Stand Desk Base:
- Standard keypad: Two buttons (up and down) actuate electric height adjustment system
- Sliding memory keypad with digital display: Keypad slides in and out under desk surface and features 4 programmable buttons for custom height settings, digital display, as well as standard up/down controls
Back to options
Uplift 800 Solid Wood Electric Sit-Stand Desks are available with or without casters. The casters come in a set of four (two for each leg). These are locking black casters that can be easily unlocked for rolling. The casters are 2 inches in diameter with a 1/2 inch stem, adding about 2 1/4 inches of height to the desk base.
Back to options
Add an optional footrest to your standing desk to improve your sit-to-stand experience and your overall health. See the links and descriptions below to determine which footrest would best suit your needs.
- The Stand2Learn Standing Desk Footrest is unique in that it is specifically designed to reduce fatigue while standing, allowing you to stand longer and increase the benefits of your standing desk. The Stand2Learn footrest has a black powder-coat finish and features dual height foot rails, so it can also serve as a footrest while you sit on a drafting height or sit-to-stand chair.
- The Humanscale FM100 Foot Machine Footrest is a great option for a sturdy, high-quality affordable footrest. When you are seated, place your feet on the foortrest to easily relieve pressure on your lower back. Angle adjustment is available so you can easily find the most comfortable position. The Humanscale FM100 also features inset, non-skid pads to keep your feet in place.
- The Humanscale FM300 Foot Machine Footrest features a sturdy steel frame and a natural wood platform with inset non-skid pads. With its ball-bearing rollers, the Humanscale FM300 also allows for leg movement, even while seated, resulting in increased circulation in the lower body and better overall health.
- The Humanscale FM300B Foot Machine Footrest is similar to the FM300, but with the addition of rolling massage balls. The Humanscale FM300B Foot Machine is available in both a natural wood finish or a dark cherry wood finish, and the platform is easily reversible.
- The Humanscale FM500 Foot Machine Footrest allows for a constant rocking motion while seated, just like other Humanscale Foot Machines, but with curved aluminum legs like a rocking chair for a unique look. Both functional and stylish, the Humanscale FM500 Foot Machine is available in one of two different wood finishes.
Back to options