- DesksAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolUPLIFT Desk VideosUPLIFT Desk Photo GalleryCustomer Photo GalleryMost Popular Stand Up DesksQuick Ship Standing DesksUPLIFT Solid Wood Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Stand Up Desk with Reclaimed Wood TopUPLIFT Eco or Laminate Height Adjustable DeskUPLIFT Space Saver Standing DeskUPLIFT Standing DesksUPLIFT Laminate Adjustable Height DesksL-Shaped and Large Corner Standing DesksUPLIFT Treadmill DesksUPLIFT ProUPLIFT Base Only Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesUPLIFT Eco Corner Sit-Stand Desk with L-Shaped TopShop other UPLIFT desks >>
- ChairsMesh ChairsBig and Tall Office ChairsPetite Office ChairsErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsSit Stand SeatingHigh Back ChairsChairs with HeadrestsMid Back ChairsTask ChairsLeather ChairsExecutive ChairsKneeling ChairsIntensive Use ChairsUPLIFT Motion StoolShop all popular chairs >>
- Workstation AccessoriesUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesMonitor ArmsKeyboard TrayCPU Holder and Computer MountErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic MouseStorage and OrganizationErgonomic Foot RestsDesk Corner SleeveAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesSee all UPLIFT accessories >>
- BrandsUPLIFT Standing DesksHumanscaleSteelcaseRaynor EurotechKnollBalt ProductsBodybilt ChairsergoCentric ChairsErgotechESI ErgonomicsEvoluentExtech InstrumentsFocal Upright FurnitureGoldtouchHealth ChairHOGGANergoThe Human SolutionInnovative Office ProductsISE ErgonomicsKinesis ErgonomicsMaylineMatias ProductsMark-10Neutral PostureNightingaleNOTRAX Anti-Fatigue Floor MattingOffice StarPosturiteUPLIFT DeskShop all brands >>
- Ergonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Office Desk, Chair and Keyboard Height CalculatorAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolThe Human Solution Blog -- Tips for a Healthier OfficeErgonomic Chair Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Office ChairMonitor Arm Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Monitor ArmKeyboard Tray Buying Guide: How to Select a Keyboard TrayErgonomic desk, chair and keyboard height calculatorSee more ergonomic tools >>
- MoreChairsDesksTreadmill DesksKeyboard TrayMonitor ArmsErgonomic MouseErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic Foot RestsTask LightWorkstation AccessoriesMac Compatible Ergonomic ProductsPlantronics HeadsetsLaptop ErgonomicsBudget ErgonomicsHumanscale ViewPoint Technology Wall StationsHealthcare Monitor ArmsHealthcare Chairs and StoolsHealthcare Keyboard TraysHealthcare Anti-Fatigue MatsUPLIFT Standing DesksAssessment ToolsIndustrial Equipment ToolAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsHand Trucks and DolliesErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsErgonomic SoftwareMaterial Handling EquipmentDesk Edge ProtectorErgonomic StoolsAdjustable TableEntrance and Carpet MatsErgoKitAnthropometric Testing EquipmentForce GaugeHand DynamometerPinch DynamometerSensory Evaluation ToolThermo-hygrometerSound Level MeterLight MeterGoniometer and InclinometerEMGStopwatchTorque Testers and Torque GaugesScaleErgonomic SoftwarePocket Ergo®Ergonomic Consulting & Assessment ServicesVibration Meters
Real Humans Providing Great Human Solutions
Welcome to The Human Solution®, a SquareGrove®, LLC store. Our Mission is to deliver sincere, world-class service and provide solutions that benefit our customers.
The Human Solution is one of the largest ergonomic office furniture dealers in the country. We also manufacture the UPLIFT Desk at our headquarters in Austin, TX, USA. We are ergonomic office furniture experts, and our Certified Professional Ergonomists use scientific ergonomic principles to design our products with the end goal of optimizing our customers' work environments.
Ergonomics is the science of designing the workplace to fit the worker: it is based on finding solutions that improve productivity and reduce injuries caused by repetitive stress, poor postures, and high forces. We know that every individual has specific needs for their work environment, so we make sure that the customer service we provide is focused on you! Our team of experts takes pride in ensuring each user gets the right products for their needs. We have helped well over 100,000 customers find solutions that work. It's what we do - allow our team to help you too.
Our store is supported by a team of experts, including a Certified Professional Ergonomist (CPE) and engineer with over 15 years of workplace assessment and product design experience, ready to assist with your ergonomic, safety or productivity related needs. We provide our customers expert advice regarding the purchase and use of office furniture and assessment equipment. This includes a wealth of ergonomic knowledge in our blog and ergonomic tools and guides. For more personalized attention, contact our team of trained experts; we are happy to offer up any advice and product recommendations via phone, email, or chat. We can provide you with a solution or point you in the right direction. It's up to you.
In addition to offering you expert advice, we guarantee you will receive exemplary customer service. How do we go above and beyond for our customers?
- We find solutions for you - We offer human solutions that comfort and support our customers everyday. The feedback and stories we get from our customers are extremely rewarding to our team.
- We test and evaluate our products - Products we sell are evaluated by our ergonomist to meet a specific need. Our team uses ergonomic products on a daily basis. We know the benefits of working in a more user-friendly environment.
- We drive ergonomic principles - We want to help customers find products, tools and innovative ideas that have been researched, developed and produced based on ergonomic principles.
Company History & Founder
Our founder Jon Paulsen, MS, CPE started the business in 2002 when, as an Ergonomics Engineer, he saw many people buying ergonomic products without understanding how they were helping from an ergonomics perspective. In the beginning Jon was a one man e-commerce store. He knew ergonomics but had no idea how to run a business except for a desire to offer exceptional customer service and expert advice. Luckily Jon's ergonomic engineering background, along with his focus on serving and educating his customers, translated well into running a business and the company has grown from there. READ MORE ABOUT JON
Our Mission and Values
Our Mission is to deliver sincere, world-class service and provide solutions that benefit our customers. We help.
The Human Solution® intends to lead the office furniture and ergonomic equipment market by building an organization centered around service, expert knowledge, and forging partnerships with our customers. We recognize that the growth of our business is directly driven by our customer service and education.
We base our company vision and strategy on these core values:
- Selling the highest quality products available
- Delighting our customers in every aspect of their experience
- Fostering team member happiness and excellence
- Driving profits & growth at fair prices
- Caring about our communities & our environment
- Championing mutually supportive partnerships with our suppliers
- Promoting customer health through ergonomic education
Community service and support are important parts of our company philosophy; we want people to be healthy not only at work, but in all areas of their lives. We're grateful for the opportunity to contribute our time and financial resources to several local non-profits.
- Lifeworks provides education, affordable housing, counseling, job training, and more to youth, young adults, and families striving towards self-sufficiency. They focus on sustainable solutions to some of our city's toughest problems.
- The Flatwater Foundation provides counseling to people diagnosed with cancer, and to their families and loved ones, recognizing the challenges in coping with a diagnosis and working to break the stigma associated with asking for support.
- The Central Texas Food Bank is the largest provider of food for the hungry in our area, bringing 26 million meals to the community every year. They focus on nourishing, healthy, fresh food, as well as nutritional education and assistance in connecting people to additional resources.
- The Texas Homeless Network works towards solutions to ending homelessness throughout Texas. They offer training, education, funding, and technical support to individuals, agencies, and organizations that provide services to the homeless in Texas, a population estimated at 60,000.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Texas matches adult volunteers with children in situations of adversity. The volunteers are mentors and friends to their Littles, offering advice and support and spending time together.
- Safe Place provides services for Austin individuals and families affected by violence. They counsel survivors, promote safe and healthy relationships, and work to change the attitudes and policies that perpetuate violence.
Our commercials have aired on Austin's own KXAN!
Visit our Showroom
Retail Walk-in Location in Austin, Texas
Mon - Sat: 10am - 6pm
THE HUMAN SOLUTION®
2139 W. Anderson Lane
AUSTIN TX 78757
Phone: (800) 531-3746
We also offer ergonomic assessments and training for local businesses and individuals. Providing continuing education gives us a unique opportunity to give back to our community.
The Human Solution is making a substantial effort to go green and do our part locally with our Austin retail space. Many of our top manufacturers employ earth-friendly practices like using sustainable materials and planning the entire life cycle of a product. Our company embraces these practices and strives to promote these ideals.
Additionally, we appreciate good design and we will continue to go out of our way to point out well-made ergonomic products that get the job done. The promotion of ergonomics and human factors are core to The Human Solution®.
Take a virtual tour of our Austin, TX retail space. Stop by and see us in person Monday through
Saturday, 10am - 6pm.
View Larger Map