- DesksAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolUPLIFT Desk VideosUPLIFT Desk Photo GalleryCustomer Photo GalleryMost Popular Stand Up DesksQuick Ship Standing DesksUPLIFT Solid Wood Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Stand Up Desk with Reclaimed Wood TopUPLIFT Eco or Laminate Height Adjustable DeskUPLIFT Space Saver Standing DeskUPLIFT Standing DesksUPLIFT Laminate Adjustable Height DesksL-Shaped and Large Corner Standing DesksUPLIFT Treadmill DesksUPLIFT ProUPLIFT Base Only Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesUPLIFT Eco Corner Sit-Stand Desk with L-Shaped TopShop other UPLIFT desks >>
- ChairsMesh ChairsBig and Tall Office ChairsPetite Office ChairsErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsSit Stand SeatingHigh Back ChairsChairs with HeadrestsMid Back ChairsTask ChairsLeather ChairsExecutive ChairsKneeling ChairsIntensive Use ChairsUPLIFT Motion StoolShop all popular chairs >>
- Workstation AccessoriesUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesMonitor ArmsKeyboard TrayCPU Holder and Computer MountErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic MouseStorage and OrganizationErgonomic Foot RestsDesk Corner SleeveAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesSee all UPLIFT accessories >>
- BrandsUPLIFT Standing DesksHumanscaleSteelcaseRaynor EurotechKnollBalt ProductsBodybilt ChairsergoCentric ChairsErgotechESI ErgonomicsEvoluentExtech InstrumentsFocal Upright FurnitureGoldtouchHealth ChairHOGGANergoThe Human SolutionInnovative Office ProductsISE ErgonomicsKinesis ErgonomicsMaylineMatias ProductsMark-10Neutral PostureNightingaleNOTRAX Anti-Fatigue Floor MattingOffice StarPosturiteUPLIFT DeskShop all brands >>
- Ergonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Office Desk, Chair and Keyboard Height CalculatorAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolThe Human Solution Blog -- Tips for a Healthier OfficeErgonomic Chair Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Office ChairMonitor Arm Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Monitor ArmKeyboard Tray Buying Guide: How to Select a Keyboard TrayErgonomic desk, chair and keyboard height calculatorSee more ergonomic tools >>
- MoreChairsDesksTreadmill DesksKeyboard TrayMonitor ArmsErgonomic MouseErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic Foot RestsTask LightWorkstation AccessoriesMac Compatible Ergonomic ProductsPlantronics HeadsetsLaptop ErgonomicsBudget ErgonomicsHumanscale ViewPoint Technology Wall StationsHealthcare Monitor ArmsHealthcare Chairs and StoolsHealthcare Keyboard TraysHealthcare Anti-Fatigue MatsUPLIFT Standing DesksAssessment ToolsIndustrial Equipment ToolAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsHand Trucks and DolliesErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsErgonomic SoftwareMaterial Handling EquipmentDesk Edge ProtectorErgonomic StoolsAdjustable TableEntrance and Carpet MatsErgoKitAnthropometric Testing EquipmentForce GaugeHand DynamometerPinch DynamometerSensory Evaluation ToolThermo-hygrometerSound Level MeterLight MeterGoniometer and InclinometerEMGStopwatchTorque Testers and Torque GaugesScaleErgonomic SoftwarePocket Ergo®Ergonomic Consulting & Assessment ServicesVibration Meters
Humanscale Liberty Drafting Chair
The Humanscale Liberty Drafting Chair offers all of the ergonomic comfort of the Liberty Chair with an extended height range and footring for use at drafting table height. The Liberty Chair's flexible, three-dimensional mesh back gives you the breathability of mesh, but with multiple panels for a better contour and more support. The Humanscale Liberty Drafting Chair provides comfort and support instantly with its intuitive, lock- and lever-free mechanism that adjusts to your body and its movement. Humanscale chairs are Manufactured in the USA.Read More...
|Choose Options Below||click on for more info|
ArmsLiberty Chair arms are unique. Aside from several different armpads to choose from, fixed or adjustable arms are available as well. Height-adjustable arms lower down to the seat cushion and out of the way while working at a desk or on a keyboard tray.
- No armrests
- Fixed height armrests with either a Duron (soft solid foam) or Technogel pad
- Height-adjustable armrests featuring a 5" range of adjustment
- Armrests can be covered in urethane, black Xanium synthetic leather, or upholstery to match the seat cushion
Our recommendation: Most people will benefit from having adjustable arms
- Duron arms match either your frame color or shell color when ordered with a polished aluminum frame
- Technogel arm pads come standard with a black Xanium synthetic leather cover
- Duron or Technogel arms may be covered to match your seat textile
The Liberty's thin seat cushion is designed specifically for long-term sitting comfort, whether with the double foam seat or the optional Technogel cushion that maximizes weight distribution and comfort.
Technogel Seat Cushion
- Made of a non-degradable, non-compressible Technogel layer on top of a foam core
- Provides for maximum pressure distribution
- Offers unmatched long-term comfort
- Proven to reduce back stress while sitting
- Not available with leather or Sensuede covered seats
This pressure map illustrates how gel reduces pressure points
Our recommendation: The gel seat has a firmer "sit" that takes a few minutes to warm up and get soft. If you sit all day and have back problems, you'll likely love it. If you are up and down more, you may prefer the standard foam cushioning.
The Liberty Drafting Stool is available with either an 18'' or 21'' diameter footring.
The Liberty Chair drafting stool is available with casters (standard for carpet or soft for hard floors), or non-rolling glides.
- Choose your frame and base colors
- Color options are:
- Frame - black, silver or polished aluminum
- Base - black or silver
- Trim - silver or black
Select a mesh for your chair back, then a fabric or leather for your seat cushion.
Monofilament StripeThe luminous quality of each individual monofilament strand creates a translucent effect, while also providing strength and durability.
Silver CheckThis brilliant weave of monofilament strands and silver-coated yarns offers resiliency combined with a low abrasion factor.
Pinstripe offers a simple stripe pattern in a variety of enlivening colors.
Dash is one of the newest meshes available in the Humanscale line. It is characterized by its strength and durability.
Catena offers a unique pattern in a variety of modern colors.
Pick your seat upholstery from the fabrics and leathers below. Note that the gel seat option is only available in Vellum and Wave fabrics.
This four-way stretch textile with a three-dimensional wave pattern offers a range of brilliant colors taken from nature. It exceeds all standards for contract upholstery.
Constructed from a blend of nylon, Cordura and elastic yarn, this four-way stretch textile offers a pleasing texture, while providing the extreme durability required for long-term use.
This four-way stretch textile is water repellant and easy to clean, making it an ideal textile for healthcare and hospitality environments. Its polyurethane finish with nylon backing boasts a soft texture while offering exceptional durability. It exceeds all standards for contract upholstery and healthcare tests.
Sensuede was developed to be the best and most luxurious engineered suede available. The faux suede's soft touch comes from the use of breathable and wrinkle resistant recycled microfibers that are finer than a human hair but are extra-strong, resulting in a very resilient fabric. This material also was selected because of its environmentally sensitive content and manufacturing process.
Leather - Grade 0
VicenzaA lightly corrected, aniline dyed leather produced from European hides. It receives a special retannage that enriches the leather and tightens the grain.
Leather - Grade 1
Acqua is a durable, water-resistant leather suitable for a wide range of applications. The combination of a special retannage and technically-advanced finishing process results in a leather that is not only water-resistant but also practical for applications that require a durable finish.
Leather - Grade 3
Cervo is chromium tanned and aniline dyed. The unique tannage approximates the rich luxurious suppleness of deer skin. The clarity and depth of the aniline dyes provide a distinct beauty enhancing all the natural characteristics. Cervo is thicker than the other naked leathers in our collection. Specialized milling adds additional character providing a soft pebble grain texture unmatched by any other leather in its class.
Notebook and Tablet Stand
The UPLIFT Notebook and Tablet Stand will come in handy not only when you're traveling, but anytime you want to set your laptop or tablet in an ergonomic position. Choose from seven different height settings to keep your screen at eye-level, which helps you avoid problems like eye strain and neck and back pain. This item also works well as a document holder, allowing you to input data without having to move your neck repeatedly from document to screen. The stand is lightweight, easily portable, and best of all, it's free!
The Humanscale Liberty Drafting Chair gives you the same great self-adjusting recline Humanscale chairs are known for, with no tension springs to adjust, no recline locks to set or release, and no external lumbar devices to fumble with, to get the fit that's right for you. Activated by simply sitting in the chair and moving, the intelligent counter-balance mechanism gives you the proper support no matter your weight or size, providing customized lumbar support by adjusting to your back with its form-sensing mesh. In addition to all of the great ergonomic features, the Liberty Drafting Chair's sleek design will look great in any modern home or office where a drafting height chair is needed.
Humanscale Liberty Drafting Chair
- Features all of the adjustment and customized support of the Liberty Chair at drafting table height, with a footrest for added comfort
- Contoured, padded seat cushion is sculpted to match your body's contours, and the increased contact area helps to reduce pressure points
- Self-adjusting back recline system provides automatic support throughout your full range of motion, conforming to you without the need for knobs and levers
- Pivoting backrest adjusts automatically to the changing needs of your spine as you move and provides strong back and lumbar support for different postures and body types
- Backrest constructed of unique form-sensing three-dimensional mesh, increasing breathability and providing a customized fit for 95% of the population
- Adjustable armrests connect to the backrest instead of the seat, allowing them to move with you when reclining, and can lower to seat height almost completely out of the way
Humanscale Liberty Drafting Chair Specifications Specifications
|Seat size||21'' W x 16.5'' to 18.75'' D|
|Backrest size||20'' W x 22.5" H|
|Seat height||20.5'' - 28.5'' H|
|Recommended user range||5'0" to 6'4"; 100 to 300 lbs|
|Dual action recline||17° recline, plus 7° backrest tilt|
|Seat and back angle||100° - 124°|
|Weight capacity||300 lbs|
Shop Smart: Shop Authorized and Protect Your InvestmentThe Human Solution is an authorized Humanscale reseller. All manufacturers sign a contractual agreement with their dealers that require dealers uphold a specific code of behavior that provides for quality support both before and after the sale of their products, including warranty support. Humanscale authorized dealers must meet high quality standards for customer service, product selection, and business ethics. This policy includes:
- A brand new product guarantee (Humanscale authorized dealers are prohibited from selling or marketing used, refurbished, or renewed Humanscale products)
- Full coverage by Humanscale's lifetime manufacturer warranty
- On-site product service in 12 major cities and nationwide warranty support
What do you lose by purchasing a Humanscale product from a non-authorized source?
- While some unauthorized sellers may have their own warranty, it is usually very limited in scope, often as short as 30 days. The warranty is only as good as the dealer who backs it; if they go out of business, your warranty is gone with them.
- Humanscale assigns serial numbers to every chair they manufacturer - this record details the original purchaser and ensures the lifetime warranty is only valid for the original purchaser. You cannot purchase replacement parts, pads or fabric without the serial number. Additionally if your chair breaks, you cannot get it repaired.
- Humanscale chairs are rated to 250 pounds and a 40 hour work week. If a refurbished chair has seen more use than this, its lifetime will be shortened.
- When comparing dealers and pricing, read the description thoroughly. As all authorized dealers are subject to the same minimum advertised pricing, any dealer lower should be suspect.
- Seat Height Raise or lower the seat to match your height
- Back Angle Adjust the back angle independently from the position of your seat
- Center Tilt Chair recline tilts from center of seat
- Dynamic Mechanism A dynamic reclining mechanism that provides support and encourages motion without adjustment levers
- Tilt Tension Increase or decrease the recline tension to match your body weight
- Arm Height Adjust the chair arm height to match your natural elbow height
- Lumbar Raise or flatten the curvature of your lumbar support
- Waterfall Seat Edge Contoured or flexible seat edge reduces pressure at the backs of the knees
- Contoured Cushions Contoured cushions follow the natural curvature of your body helping to evenly disperse pressure and give full support
- Seat Height Raise or lower the seat to match your height
Professor Ergo's Thoughts:
While most mesh chairs feature a single-panel mesh, the Humanscale Liberty Drafting Chair backrest is comprised of a tri-panel, non-stretch mesh. This unique, form-sensing mesh gives you a more customized fit, matching the contour of your back and lumbar region and continuing to support you comfortably throughout a full range of motion. This, coupled with a pivoting backrest and a self-adjusting recline mechanism, means the Liberty Chair gives you instant comfort and support, even at drafting stool height.