- DesksAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolUPLIFT Desk VideosUPLIFT Desk Photo GalleryCustomer Photo GalleryMost Popular Stand Up DesksQuick Ship Standing DesksUPLIFT Solid Wood Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Stand Up Desk with Reclaimed Wood TopUPLIFT Eco or Laminate Height Adjustable DeskUPLIFT Space Saver Standing DeskUPLIFT Standing DesksUPLIFT Laminate Adjustable Height DesksL-Shaped and Large Corner Standing DesksUPLIFT Treadmill DesksUPLIFT ProUPLIFT Base Only Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesUPLIFT Eco Corner Sit-Stand Desk with L-Shaped TopShop other UPLIFT desks >>
- ChairsMesh ChairsBig and Tall Office ChairsPetite Office ChairsErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsSit Stand SeatingHigh Back ChairsChairs with HeadrestsMid Back ChairsTask ChairsLeather ChairsExecutive ChairsKneeling ChairsIntensive Use ChairsHumanscale FreedomShop all popular chairs >>
- Workstation AccessoriesUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesMonitor ArmsKeyboard TrayCPU Holder and Computer MountErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic MouseStorage and OrganizationErgonomic Foot RestsDesk Corner SleeveAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesSee all UPLIFT accessories >>
- BrandsUPLIFT Standing DesksHumanscaleSteelcaseRaynor EurotechKnollAllseatingBalt ProductsBodybilt ChairsergoCentric ChairsErgotechESI ErgonomicsEvoluentExtech InstrumentsFocal Upright FurnitureGoldtouchHealth ChairHOGGANergoThe Human SolutionInnovative Office ProductsISE ErgonomicsKinesis ErgonomicsMaylineMatias ProductsMark-10NaturalPointNeutral PostureNightingaleNOTRAX Anti-Fatigue Floor MattingOffice StarPosturitePlantronics HeadsetsUPLIFT DeskShop all brands >>
- Ergonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Office Desk, Chair and Keyboard Height CalculatorAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolPocket Ergo - Internet Based SoftwarePocket Ergo Internet Based Software with Amazon Fire TabletThe Human Solution Blog -- Tips for a Healthier OfficeErgonomic Chair Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Office ChairMonitor Arm Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Monitor ArmKeyboard Tray Buying Guide: How to Select a Keyboard TrayErgonomic desk, chair and keyboard height calculatorSee more ergonomic tools >>
- MoreChairsDesksTreadmill DesksKeyboard TrayMonitor ArmsErgonomic MouseErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic Foot RestsTask LightWorkstation AccessoriesMac Compatible Ergonomic ProductsPlantronics HeadsetsLaptop ErgonomicsBudget ErgonomicsHumanscale ViewPoint Technology Wall StationsHealthcare Monitor ArmsHealthcare Chairs and StoolsHealthcare Keyboard TraysHealthcare Anti-Fatigue MatsUPLIFT Standing DesksAssessment ToolsIndustrial Equipment ToolAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsHand Trucks and DolliesErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsErgonomic SoftwareMaterial Handling EquipmentDesk Edge ProtectorErgonomic StoolsCasters & WheelsAdjustable TableEntrance and Carpet MatsErgoKitAnthropometric Testing EquipmentForce GaugeHand DynamometerPinch DynamometerSensory Evaluation ToolThermo-hygrometerSound Level MeterLight MeterGoniometer and InclinometerEMGStopwatchTorque Testers and Torque GaugesScaleErgonomic SoftwarePocket Ergo®Ergonomic Consulting & Assessment ServicesVibration Meters
Neutral Posture XSM Series Petite Ergonomic Chair
The Neutral Posture XSM5300 and XSM8300 are built to fit an exceptionally petite body without compromising support and comfort. Choose from a mid or high back and pick features to best fit your typical work routine. The XSM5300 and XSM8300 are available as a drafting chair with the option to add a Nextep, making your drafting chair easy to get in and out of. Scroll down for XSM Series Chairs features and specifications.Read More...
|Choose Options Below||click on for more info|
The Neutral Posture XSM series is available in both a mid-back and high back configuration to accommodate users looking for differing amounts of upper back support.
- Medium: 17'' W x 18'' H
- High: 20'' W x 23'' H
- Choose from a plastic shell or a fully upholstered seat back
- Add thoracic support to encourage good posture and reduce upper body pain
Note: Chair can be ordered without seat slider and lumbar support; please call for details.
If you'd like a softer chair, add a layer of N'Dulgent memory foam to the seat cushion or the entire chair. We highly recommend this option because it further reduces seated pressure on your hips and back.
Choose the arms that best match your daily habits, tasks, needs and posture changes.
- 3" cylinder: 15"-18" cylinder comes standard on a 27" aluminum base
- 4" cylinder: 16" -20" cylinder comes standard
- 5" cylinder: 19" - 26"
- 7" cylinder: 19" - 29" cylinder comes standard with 28" black base
- 26" black base (standard)
- 26" polished aluminum
- 27" brushed aluminum
- 28" black base (comes standard with a 7" cylinder)
An 18" black plastic footring and a 20" chrome footring are available; call us for pricing and details.
- Carpet casters (standard)
- Hard floor casters
- Hard floor brake in
- Hard floor brake out
- Chrome carpet casters
- Chrome hard floor casters
Neutral Posture chairs are built to order. Chairs ordered in most listed fabrics will ship in about a week, but some fabrics may take up to four weeks before shipping to you. Fabrics and leathers with a longer lead time are noted below. (Note: monitors display colors differently; ask for swatches if precise color is important to you. Swatches are offered free of charge.)
Metro Woven Crypton (lead time up to four weeks)
ESD Stat-Con Vinyl (lead time up to four weeks)
Premium Madras Leather
Build your Neutral Posture chair to fits your needs completely. For shorter users, the Neutral Posture Fring can be used to improve comfort.
The Fring rests on your chair base, allowing you to rest your feet and maintain a healthy, open ankle position.
Free Live Ergonomic Training Webinar
This purchase includes a free half-hour Online Ergonomic Training Webinar with an ergonomic pro. This webinar will help you learn how best to use ergonomic tools and make the right choices for your workstation. Anyone interested in building an ideal workspace for their own unique needs should take advantage of this offer. The webinar will cover valuable ergonomic essentials such as:
- Understanding the biomechanics of sitting
- Setting up a workstation to maximize efficiency
- Adjusting a chair and desk to promote neutral posture
- Learning exercises to reduce stress and fatigue
- Click here to chat to get answers to your questions!
The Neutral Posture XSM Series chairs include a XSM5300 mid back model and a XSM8300 high back model fitted with an extra small seat. The thickly padded and contoured seat is designed to reduce the pressure points that occur when a person sits for long hours each day. Other customization features allow you to design a chair to precisely meet your needs. This series of chairs is designed to fit people from 3 to 5 feet tall.
Features - Neutral Posture XSM Series Petite Ergonomic Chair
- Adjustable seat height, depth and tension
- Seat angle with forward tilt stop
- 360° swivel
- Standard arms include adjustable arm height, width and 360° pivot
- Back height and angle adjustment
- Air lumbar support
Neutral Posture XSM Series Petite Ergonomic Chair Specifications
|Back dimensions||Medium: 17" W x 18" H;
High: 20" W x 23" H
|Seat height||Standard: 16"-20" H;
Short cylinder: 15"-18" H
|Seat dimensions||17" W x 17" D|
|Arm & lumbar height range||6.5"-10.5" H|
|Seat depth range||15"-17.5" D|
|Chair weight capacity||275 lbs|
I would recommend this item to a friend.
wish I had had this kind of chair years ago
February 18, 2016
Today, Feb 18, 2016, I began using this chair. I'm only 4'10" and have some shoulder and back problems. When I came across this chair when web searching for how I could make my work area more comfortable, I was so excited. The very first time I sat in it a bit earlier, I sighed in relief at finally having a chair that is comfortable, in which I can maintain good back posture, whose seat doesn't cut into the back of my knees, and I can finally put my feet comfortably on the lower "shelf" of the computer desk I "inherited" from previous owners of our home. I'm in a relaxed and comfortable position. I also like how adjustible the 360 degree arm rests are. Yes, the chair costs quite a lot compared to average office chairs, but for those of us who are petite it's a God-send.
I would recommend this item to a friend.
Superior in every way!
January 23, 2015
I had been using my daughter's chair that came with a child's desk when she was about nine years old, in 1991. It was literally falling apart, but I preferred it to the very nice desk chair my husband bought for us adults a couple of years ago. The "adult chair" was so uncomfortable for me. I'm a little over 5 feet in height, but my legs are really long in proportion to my torso. I was a little bit nervous about making such an expensive purchase online, but I was becoming desperate for something I could sit in other than the deteriorating child's chair. I'm so glad I took the chance! This chair is so comfortable! I love it! Customer service has been superior. I communicated several times with Claire, who was extremely helpful. She did everything she could to make sure I chose the options that would best fit my situation. It was a real pleasure working with her. This has been a very satisfying experience in every way!
Finally a chair my size!
August 18, 2014
For context, I am just under 5'2", 115 lbs and, proportionally, very short legged. I work in software: often for over 60 hours a week. I have chronic back and neck pain from sitting cross-legged because my feet don't touch the ground properly and without using the armrests because they are uncomfortably far from the seat. It's enough of a problem that I am in physical therapy because of it (folks, this is what happens when you ignore an uncomfortable chair for too long!). Between chairs I have bought, and those my employer has, I have tried five other high-end, supposedly petite-person-friendly chairs and none of them fit. This one does! This is what the rest of the world experiences when they sit in an office chair. It's very comfortable. Who knew? Specifics: 1. Shallow seat depth. This is critical. You can always use a footrest to compensate for a high seat height, but that does you no good if the seat hits you below your knees so they don't bend properly-and trying to pile up pillows behind you so that your legs reach the end of the seat defeats the purpose of any ergonomic back the chair came equipped with. 2. Low seat height. Adjustable down to 15" (14.5" would be nice but oh well) 3. Arms can be brought closer to the chair (the width can be narrowed) so that you can use the arm rests properly. If needed you could bring them in so close that it would be hard for me to get into the seat. 4. Attached footrest. It's at the perfect height but not so comfortable if you don't wear shoes while working. 5. Backrest encourages good posture. Every chair claims this. This is the first one that's succeeded with me. It has a comfortable vertical bulge in the middle of the backrest (I have the high one). I was dubious when I looked at it but I've discovered that it encourages me to roll my shoulders back rather than to slump with them forward. Long story short: If you are a petite woman who spends a lot of time at a desk, you need this chair! It is worth the investment. And it's cheaper than physical therapy ;)
September 10, 2009
I bought this chair as a gift for my mom. She sits a lot at work and chairs never fit her right. She needed a very comfortable chair for a petite woman. This chair fits her so well it is as if it was custom made. Her back stopped hurting.