- DesksAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolUPLIFT Desk VideosUPLIFT Desk Photo GalleryCustomer Photo GalleryMost Popular Stand Up DesksQuick Ship Standing DesksUPLIFT Solid Wood Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Stand Up Desk with Reclaimed Wood TopUPLIFT Eco or Laminate Height Adjustable DeskUPLIFT Space Saver Standing DeskUPLIFT Standing DesksUPLIFT Laminate Adjustable Height DesksL-Shaped and Large Corner Standing DesksUPLIFT Treadmill DesksUPLIFT ProUPLIFT Base Only Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesUPLIFT Eco Corner Sit-Stand Desk with L-Shaped TopShop other UPLIFT desks >>
- ChairsMesh ChairsBig and Tall Office ChairsPetite Office ChairsErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsSit Stand SeatingHigh Back ChairsChairs with HeadrestsMid Back ChairsTask ChairsLeather ChairsExecutive ChairsKneeling ChairsIntensive Use ChairsUPLIFT Motion StoolShop all popular chairs >>
- Workstation AccessoriesUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesMonitor ArmsKeyboard TrayCPU Holder and Computer MountErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic MouseStorage and OrganizationErgonomic Foot RestsDesk Corner SleeveAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesSee all UPLIFT accessories >>
- BrandsUPLIFT Standing DesksHumanscaleSteelcaseRaynor EurotechKnollBalt ProductsBodybilt ChairsergoCentric ChairsErgotechESI ErgonomicsEvoluentExtech InstrumentsFocal Upright FurnitureGoldtouchHealth ChairHOGGANergoThe Human SolutionInnovative Office ProductsISE ErgonomicsKinesis ErgonomicsMaylineMatias ProductsMark-10Neutral PostureNightingaleNOTRAX Anti-Fatigue Floor MattingOffice StarPosturiteUPLIFT DeskShop all brands >>
- Ergonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Office Desk, Chair and Keyboard Height CalculatorAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolThe Human Solution Blog -- Tips for a Healthier OfficeErgonomic Chair Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Office ChairMonitor Arm Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Monitor ArmKeyboard Tray Buying Guide: How to Select a Keyboard TrayErgonomic desk, chair and keyboard height calculatorSee more ergonomic tools >>
- MoreChairsDesksTreadmill DesksKeyboard TrayMonitor ArmsErgonomic MouseErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic Foot RestsTask LightWorkstation AccessoriesMac Compatible Ergonomic ProductsPlantronics HeadsetsLaptop ErgonomicsBudget ErgonomicsHumanscale ViewPoint Technology Wall StationsHealthcare Monitor ArmsHealthcare Chairs and StoolsHealthcare Keyboard TraysHealthcare Anti-Fatigue MatsUPLIFT Standing DesksAssessment ToolsIndustrial Equipment ToolAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsHand Trucks and DolliesErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsErgonomic SoftwareMaterial Handling EquipmentDesk Edge ProtectorErgonomic StoolsAdjustable TableEntrance and Carpet MatsErgoKitAnthropometric Testing EquipmentForce GaugeHand DynamometerPinch DynamometerSensory Evaluation ToolThermo-hygrometerSound Level MeterLight MeterGoniometer and InclinometerEMGStopwatchTorque Testers and Torque GaugesScaleErgonomic SoftwarePocket Ergo®Ergonomic Consulting & Assessment ServicesVibration Meters
Humanscale Diffrient II Task Light
The Humanscale Diffrient II Task Light offers a sleek, asymmetrical shade design that features the latest ballast-in-bulb technology; this innovation maximizes the efficiency of compact fluorescent bulbs while providing a long-lasting, pure white light. The double arm model features the longest reach on the market. Perfectly counterbalanced, the Diffrient II adjusts with the touch of a finger. Scroll down for more Diffrient Task Lamp features and specifications.
This item has been discontinued.
The UPLIFT Desk LED Task Light is a great replacement.
|Choose Options Below||click on for more info|
The lamp may be ordered with a single arm or a jointed double arm. It is currently only available in black.
Choose from a wall mount or one of these five other mounting options. These lamps are currently only available in black.
Researchers at Cornell University find eyestrain as the top health-related complaint among office workers. High quality task lighting such as the Diffrient II allows the user to apply the correct amount of light for the task at hand, reducing eyestrain, fatigue and other vision related problems. The Diffrient is also allows for lower ambient lighting and high energy efficiency.
The Humanscale Diffrient II Task Lamp Features
- Perfect internal counterbalance creates a feather-light movement and one-touch positioning that is free of friction knobs or rigid joints
- 180° horizontal and 220° vertical shade adjustability and 360° base rotation for infinite adjustment capabilities
- Two-pin, slim style bulbs are 50-100% more energy-efficient than current generation LEDs and 300-400% more efficient than incandescent bulbs
- 90% recycled and recyclable materials - constructed of 100% recycled and recyclable aluminum
- Reinforced plastic reflector shade cuts glare and stays cool
- 5 year warranty
|Vertical reach||14" range - 3.5-17.5" H|
|Horizontal reach||42" double arm|
|Color temperature||3500 K|
|Hour life||10,000 hours|
|Power usage||18 watts equivalent to 75 watt incandescent bulb|
Download more information
Compact fluorescent bulbs use 25% of the energy of comparable incandescent lighting while giving off 75% less heat. In addition, this lamp is constructed primarily of 100% recycled aluminum, which means it is also recyclable. This lamp is eligible for LEED credits (see LEED credit information).
Diffrient II Task Light
November 23, 2012
Have had this light for a month or so and I'm very pleased with it. The illumination is clear but gentle. The arm structure is such that it is quite easy to adjust in almost endless directions. Last but not least, it is quite attractive. Glad with this purchase.
Love this lamp
November 5, 2009
Somehow, my eyes need more light these days in order to read small print. I started to find errors in my accounting and so searched for a desk lamp. I must say this has great function for lighting the papers on my desk without putting glare on the computer screen or in my eyes. The shade is just the right shape to put the light down over a fairly wide area (covers keyboard, papers, phone. It's easy to read a book) and there is no glare. The light is pretty neutral color and not too harsh for a florescent bulb. The design is engineered quite well, but I would say at this price point that there is a bit of a cheap feel to some of the plastic bits. The color match and finish between the black bars and the plastic that it goes into is not as aesthetically pleasing as some German lamps I've seen. But because it works so well compared to the halogen and incandescent lamps I've been using, I say it's not that big of a deal. Having the switch mounted on the lamp-head is a stroke of genius - one of those things that is so handy I can't believe more lamps don't have it. Bottom line - if you need a lamp to light up your work in an environment where the overhead lamps don't cut it, this one is excellent.