Ergonomic Office Tips & Information | Blog
Factors of Correct Monitor Placement
Factors to Consider Regarding Monitor Placement
Many people spend long hours sitting at their workstation staring at a monitor screen. Correct placement can reduce eyestrain, improve productivity and reduce neck strain. Where should your monitor be placed?
- Consideration #1 - Depth: Your monitor should be a minimum of 25" from your eyes. An easy general rule is at least arms length from your body. Farther is better and the size of your monitor may make a difference. If you need to, consider increasing the font size on your screen rather than moving it closer, or consider computer glasses. Another easy way to evaluate correct distance - you should not have to move your head forward or backwards to view the screen. Your head should be relaxed.
- Consideration #2 - Height: The entire viewing screen should be located within the range of 15° and 50° below eye level. You should be able to view the entire screen easily without having to force your head up or down.
- Consideration #3 - Tilt: Tilt the top of the monitor slightly away from you.
Featured Blog Posts
- Space Saving with the Small Half-Circle Desk Drawer by UPLIFT Desk
- Bouncing for Joy: The Rubberwood Solid Wood Sit-Stand Desk by UPLIFT
- Come See the J3: Introducing the J3 Ergonomic Chair from UPLIFT Desk
- UPLIFT Desk Gets a Nod in New York Times Interview!
- OutStanding New Desk Converters by UPLIFT Desk
Interested in ergonomics?