Ergonomic Office Tips & Information | Blog
Here at Human Solution, we have a multitude of workstation components that will help you work comfortably and productively, with the added benefit of making your coworkers jealous. If you outfit your workspace with our Top 5 Workstation Items, they’ll think they’ve walked into some sort of futuristic wonderland where people actually enjoy going to work! Or that you’ve cozied up to corporate and they’ve lavished you with the kind of workstation only a CEO would have. These additions are surprisingly affordable, though, and they not only look cool but will have you feeling a lot more comfortable and healthier at work.
1. Height Adjustable Desk – As we've been telling you this for years, periodically standing will greatly improve your life, and may even fight off an early death. But pushing a button and making your desk go up and down looks really cool too! If you don’t do it for the proven health benefits, then do it to make the whole office go “What’s that?” when the gentle hum of your electric standing desk piques their curiosity.
2. Real Wood Desktop – You’re starting to see sit-to-stand desks more and more, but for most of them the desktop itself is a functional afterthought. Make the guy next to you who already has his own height adjustable desk jealous of yours by adding a real wood top.
3. Desk Treadmill – While the rest of your coworkers are struggling at the end of the day to finish up in order to rush to the gym, bring the gym to you by adding a workstation treadmill. Using one at a deliberate pace will still allow you to get your work done and burn calories in the process. Why get a gym membership when you can work out on the company dime?
4. LED Task Light – Task lights like the Humanscale Horizon have an incredibly long lifespan, save energy, and provide adjustable, spot-specific illumination for desktop tasks. But it’s the streamlined, modern design that will really stand out. I suggest leaving it on at night when the office is closed (its nightlight capabilities use just a single watt). Whoever opens up the next day will be naturally drawn to your seemingly wasteful act while simultaneously being super envious of its source.
5. Multiple Monitor Arms – An adjustable mount for your multiple monitor setup clears up desk space (making it easier to see your real wood desktop and your neato task light) and puts your monitors at the proper level to prevent strain as well. We have solutions for you whether you need to mount two monitors or as many as 16. Feel free to turn your modest accountant’s desk into NASA mission control and make all those fancy web designers with their multiple monitor jealous of your station.
Find all kinds of ergonomic workstation accessories to make your envious coworkers resent you at TheHumanSolution.com.
Working at Human Solution gives me the opportunity to use the latest and greatest ergonomic products we have available. Having a great ergonomic setup at work is certainly very important, but it’s easy to forget that ergonomics are important at home too.Last night I took a moment to really appreciate just how much work I [...] Read More »
One of my favorite ergonomic accessories also happens to be one of the most commonly overlooked by people looking to make their workspaces more ergonomic – a good task light.Most offices rely on rows upon rows of large fluorescent overhead lights for office lighting. Unfortunately, these lights often fail to provide sufficient lighting for good [...] Read More »
My New Year’s resolution this year is pretty simple: I want to be every bit as comfortable in my home office as I am at work.As odd as it may seem, it’s easier for me to relax working here at Human Solution offices in Austin than it is in my home office. It all really [...] Read More »
This post was contributed by Emily Wilde of Pegasus Lighting, an online retailer specializing in unique lighting fixtures for both residential and commercial settings.If you’re in the process of setting up an adjustable height desk, a keyboard tray, and/or an ergonomic chair for maximum comfort at your workspace, don’t leave lighting out of the planning. [...] Read More »
This is the ninth entry in a series about ergonomic LED lighting.What do you think of when you hear the phrase “dim bulb?” Perhaps Joey from Friends comes to mind, or maybe Homer Simpson, or your annoying cousin Fernie who still lives at home (what, just me?). Well, it’s time to change your thinking. The [...] Read More »
This is the eighth entry in a series about ergonomic LED lighting.Let’s talk about a problem that most of us deal with every day: Heat!No, I’m not referring to the terrible heat wave/drought/summer of sweat we’ve been experiencing here in Austin Texas. I’m talking about the heat generated by your desk task light. You know [...] Read More »
This is the seventh entry in a series about ergonomic LED lighting.Ultraviolet (UV) rays affect everyone. It’s important for us to take steps to reduce the long-term harmful effects that UV rays can have on our eyes, skin and overall health. It’s also important to know exactly what you’re exposing yourself to every day, in [...] Read More »
This is the sixth entry in a series about ergonomic LED lighting.LED lights are far more cost and energy-efficient when compared to fluorescent lights, and they provide the best lighting output available. But those aren’t the only reasons LEDs are popular among energy and environmentally conscious consumers. Unlike compact fluorescent lights, LEDs don’t contain mercury, [...] Read More »
This is the third entry in a series about ergonomic LED lightingConserving energy and saving money – sometimes it feels like these two issues are more pressing now than ever. In the world of ergonomics, we like to point our clients to energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly LED lighting. We all need light, right? So why not invest [...] Read More »
Featured Blog Posts
Interested in ergonomics?