Ergonomic Office Tips & Information | Blog
Stand Up! It Might Just Save Your Life
If you are like me, you are probably working in front of your desk for at least 8 hours a day. You are also probably extremely cool, good looking and can wrestle bears. But being this great has its problems.
For one, sitting down at your desk for long periods of time can do tremendous damage to your metabolic system, putting you at risk for a list of illnesses: obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes, depression and even cancer.Even if you exercise regularly you can still be at risk, with the end result being you are not as awesome as you once were...and your bear fighting skills have gone downhill.
- But fear not, people like us always find a way, and the solution can be as simple as standing up for only a few hours each day. Adding a sit-to-stand workstation, like the UPLIFT 900, will improve your posture, increase blood flow and burn calories. You will notice a difference in the way you work almost immediately, and if you want to be even cooler, you can add a treadmill and really burn some calories.
I know that we are already pretty awesome, but that doesn't mean we can’t be more awesome. There may be someone less awesome that will see your awesome sit to stand desk, and then they can awesome-up themselves. That would be…fantastic.
Check out TheHumanSolution.com to see all of the ergonomic office equipment that we offer to meet all of your calorie-burning needs.
Featured Blog Posts
- Space Saving with the Small Half-Circle Desk Drawer by UPLIFT Desk
- Bouncing for Joy: The Rubberwood Solid Wood Sit-Stand Desk by UPLIFT
- Come See the J3: Introducing the J3 Ergonomic Chair from UPLIFT Desk
- UPLIFT Desk Gets a Nod in New York Times Interview!
- OutStanding New Desk Converters by UPLIFT Desk
Interested in ergonomics?