iMac users that want full range of motion for their screen, including abilities to tilt, pan, and rotate 360° for optimal ergonomics, the Ergotech iMac Freedom Arm is the must-have accessory for the job.
Adjustments can be made with one hand, allowing for easy movement around your workspace. With a Mac-compatible monitor arm, you can clear your desk of monitors and cables and fully maximize your space.
The Ergotech iMac Freedom Arm comes in two different models to accommodate you whether you have an older iMac and a newer one.
Give yourself total control over your monitor's positioning with one stylish desk addition.
- 360° rotation, 180° pan, 130° tilt (90° positive, 45° negative)
- Compatible with most Apple iMac and Thunderbolt/Cinema displays
- Different models compatible with both old and new iMacs
- Secures monitors 20-30.8 lbs
- Built-in cable management
- 24" extension, 14" of height adjustability
- Available in desk clamp or grommet mount (grommet mount available in black only)
- Includes adapter plate or VESA plate for iMac®
- Available in silver finish
|Tilt range||135 degrees (90 degrees up or 45 degrees down)|
|Weight capacity||20-30.8 lbs|
There are three models of Ergotech Freedom Arm available, depending on the weight of your monitor or the release date of your iMac.
If you own a monitor, the Ergotech Freedom Arm model will be determined by the weight of your monitor. Monitors weighing under 17.8 lbs are compatible with model FDM-PC-S01 and monitors weighing between 20 and 30.8 lbs are compatible with model FDM-HD-S01. Any size monitor within the weight range will be compatible with the Ergotech Freedom Arm.
If you own an iMac that was released before late 2012, your computer is compatible with model FDM-MAC-S01. If you bought an iMac after late 2012*, your computer is compatible with model FDM-HD-S01. However, your late 2012 and newer iMac must have the built-in VESA mount and not the stand. See the table below to decide which model is right for you.
Please note: This arm is not compatible with newer models that have the permanently attached stand. You must order your iMac from Apple with the pre-attached VESA mount for it to be compatible with the Ergotech Freedom Arm.
|FDM-PC-S01||Monitors: 8.4 - 17.8 lbs|
|Mid-2014 iMac: 21.5'' display|
|FDM-HD-S01||Monitors: 20 - 30.8 lbs|
|Late 2012, Late 2013 iMacs: 27'' display|
|FDM-MAC-S01||Mid 2011 and older iMacs: 24'' & 27'' display|
|2011 Thunderbolt Display|
*The late 2014, 27-inch iMac with retina 5K display is compatible with the Ergotech 7Flex Monitor Arm.
The Ergotech Freedom Arm comes standard with a clamp mount that attaches to the back of your desk and can be used with desks up to 2.5'' thick. It can also be ordered with a black grommet mount for mounting the arm using a grommet hole.
This product comes standard with a 3-year warranty.
- Return windows close 30 days after you receive your item.
- You are responsible for obtaining a Return Merchandise Authorization, the cost of shipping, and potential restocking fees, if the item has been opened.
- To start a return, or to view the full returns policy, click here.