Give your office an ergonomic chair upgrade without having to select its individual components with the Humanscale Freedom Chair.
This is the optimally ergonomic Humanscale Freedom Chair and it comes with a standard configuration to get you to that sitting sweet spot quicker, featuring standard duron arms, graphite frame color, standard foam seat, standard 5" cylinder, and standard carpet casters to get you ideally positioned at work.
The Humanscale Freedom Chair delivers freedom from knobs, locks, or levers, giving you intuitive adjustments that require no alterations once the chair is fitted to your body. The most popular options are preselected, giving you a supportive seat with the utmost in lumbar and neck support.
- Standard duron arms that are height-adjustable, and the pads are made with a polyurethane arm with Technogel core
- Graphite frame comes in darker charcoal color that is popular for most office styles
- Standard 5" cylinder, providing 16" to 21.33" of seat height adjustments
- Standard foam seat padding with contoured cushions increase contact area to reduce pressure points
- Standard hard casters for carpets
- Optional contoured headrest adjusts forward for complete neck support
- Dynamic movement provides up to 1" of additional lumbar support when needed
- Extra motion provided by the backrest during recline automatically adjusts to the changing needs of your spine
The Design Story
Diffrient's desire was to create an office chair so revolutionary in concept, and automatically adjusted to each user that sat in it. Diffrient had a passion for aviation, and during his 2002 TED talk, he shared the processes that went in to the designing of the Freedom chair. He explained how the disciplines were connected between aviation and office chairs.
"With the airplane you learn a lot about how to deal with the air, for a chair you have to learn a lot about how to deal with the body, and what the body needs, wants, indicates it needs. And that's the way, ultimately after some ups and downs, I ended up designing [Freedom]."
Niels Diffrient, Designer
|Chair height||43" - 53" (with headrest)
33.5" - 44.25" H (no headrest)
|Seat height||16" - 21.3" H|
|Back height||18" - 21" H|
|Seat width||20" W|
|Headrest adjustment range||5"|
|Weight capacity||300 lbs|
Humanscale Freedom Chair Promotional Item
FREE Goldtouch Adjustable Keyboard GTN-0033
This keyboard's split design promotes a more natural and ergonomic typing position.
FREE UPLIFT Single Monitor Arm
Mount a monitor weighing between 4.5 lbs - 17.5 lbs, and adjust the height, depth or lateral position with easy fingertip adjustment.
FREE $100 gift certificate toward an UPLIFT Desk
There's no better time to make the switch to a height-adjustable desk! Gift certificate is good toward full two and three-leg UPLIFT Desks; excludes scratch and dent models. (Please note: There is a limit of one gift certificate or coupon per desk order.)
Your chair is available with or without the headrest.
The Freedom arms standard arms quickly move up and down.
- Revolutionary armrests move in tandem to eliminate the dangers of uneven arm positioning
- Natural lift-and-release action allows for immediate repositioning without the need for buttons or locks
- The armrests provide a 6" range of vertical motion to accommodate all users and tasks, and they can be positioned below thigh-level for close table or desk work
- The armrests are attached to the backrest, not the seat like most chairs, so they stay in the same relation to your body when you recline
Vellum - Grade 1
Constructed from a blend of nylon, Cordura and elastic yarn, this four-way stretch textile offers a pleasing texture, while providing the extreme durability required for long-term use.
Corde 4 - Grade 1
Corde is a four-way stretch fabric that works seamlessly on ergonomic chairs. The fabric has a small, modular weave of high-performance nylon and polyurethane.
Ergonomic Training Video
This chair purchase includes a free half-hour Ergonomic Training Video with an ergonomic pro. This video will help you learn how best to use ergonomic tools and make the right choices for your workstation. Anyone interested in building an ideal workspace for their own unique needs should take advantage of this offer. The video will cover valuable ergonomic essentials such as:
- Understanding the biomechanics of sitting
- Setting up a workstation to maximize efficiency
- Adjusting a chair to promote neutral posture
- Learning exercises to reduce stress and fatigue
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I shopped for nearly a month before deciding on my new Freedom chair. I looked at a dozen, or so, different models. This chair stands head and shoulders above the "ergo" competition. As a writer, I sit for an average of 8-10 hours a day. Needless to say my back has suffered. To make matters worse, I have a long torso and could never get the kind of lumbar support I needed in lesser models. My lower back pain has completely disappeared in less than 3 weeks of use! This chair has everything one would want in an ergonomic configuration that is easy to use and built to last. Don't waste time with sub-par chairs at your local retailer. The Freedom chair is worth every penny!
I have never sat in a more comfortable chair. I work in a control room that has someone sitting in the chairs 24/7 these chairs are the most durable and comfortable I have ever experienced. I am in the process of purchasing one for my home at this time. It helps with all my aches and pains that other chairs cause. This chair needs to go on your must have list!
So my studio now has the perfect chair in which to pursue my musical endeavors. Sitting in my Freedom Chair with headrest keeps me comfortable yet alert. And it moves with my movements effortlessly. You hardly know you are sitting at all. It is awesome!
I had a lot of questions because I wanted to be cautious when purchasing such an expensive chair. Lori at The Human Solution took the time to answer all of my questions and provided good information to help me make my decision.
The chair came in the time frame that they said it would, and I was able to customize it exactly how I wanted.
This product comes standard with a Limited 15-year warranty on components and a 5-year warranty on textiles.
- Return windows close 30 days after you receive your item.
- You are responsible for obtaining a Return Merchandise Authorization, the cost of shipping, and potential restocking fees, if the item has been opened.
- To start a return, or to view the full returns policy, click here.