- DesksAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolUPLIFT Desk VideosUPLIFT Desk Photo GalleryCustomer Photo GalleryMost Popular Stand Up DesksQuick Ship Standing DesksUPLIFT Solid Wood Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Stand Up Desk with Reclaimed Wood TopUPLIFT Eco or Laminate Height Adjustable DeskUPLIFT Space Saver Standing DeskUPLIFT Standing DesksUPLIFT Laminate Adjustable Height DesksL-Shaped and Large Corner Standing DesksUPLIFT Treadmill DesksUPLIFT ProUPLIFT Base Only Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesUPLIFT Eco Corner Sit-Stand Desk with L-Shaped TopShop other UPLIFT desks >>
- ChairsMesh ChairsBig and Tall Office ChairsPetite Office ChairsErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsSit Stand SeatingHigh Back ChairsChairs with HeadrestsMid Back ChairsTask ChairsLeather ChairsExecutive ChairsKneeling ChairsIntensive Use ChairsUPLIFT Motion StoolShop all popular chairs >>
- Workstation AccessoriesUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesMonitor ArmsKeyboard TrayCPU Holder and Computer MountErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic MouseStorage and OrganizationErgonomic Foot RestsDesk Corner SleeveAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesSee all UPLIFT accessories >>
- BrandsUPLIFT Standing DesksHumanscaleSteelcaseRaynor EurotechKnollAllseatingBalt ProductsBodybilt ChairsergoCentric ChairsErgotechESI ErgonomicsEvoluentExtech InstrumentsFocal Upright FurnitureGoldtouchHealth ChairHOGGANergoThe Human SolutionInnovative Office ProductsISE ErgonomicsKinesis ErgonomicsMaylineMatias ProductsMark-10NaturalPointNeutral PostureNightingaleNOTRAX Anti-Fatigue Floor MattingOffice StarPosturitePlantronics HeadsetsUPLIFT DeskShop all brands >>
- Ergonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Office Desk, Chair and Keyboard Height CalculatorAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolPocket Ergo - Internet Based SoftwarePocket Ergo Internet Based Software with Amazon Fire TabletThe Human Solution Blog -- Tips for a Healthier OfficeErgonomic Chair Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Office ChairMonitor Arm Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Monitor ArmKeyboard Tray Buying Guide: How to Select a Keyboard TrayErgonomic desk, chair and keyboard height calculatorSee more ergonomic tools >>
- MoreChairsDesksTreadmill DesksKeyboard TrayMonitor ArmsErgonomic MouseErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic Foot RestsTask LightWorkstation AccessoriesMac Compatible Ergonomic ProductsPlantronics HeadsetsLaptop ErgonomicsBudget ErgonomicsHumanscale ViewPoint Technology Wall StationsHealthcare Monitor ArmsHealthcare Chairs and StoolsHealthcare Keyboard TraysHealthcare Anti-Fatigue MatsUPLIFT Standing DesksAssessment ToolsIndustrial Equipment ToolAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsHand Trucks and DolliesErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsErgonomic SoftwareMaterial Handling EquipmentDesk Edge ProtectorErgonomic StoolsCasters & WheelsAdjustable TableEntrance and Carpet MatsErgoKitAnthropometric Testing EquipmentForce GaugeHand DynamometerPinch DynamometerSensory Evaluation ToolThermo-hygrometerSound Level MeterLight MeterGoniometer and InclinometerEMGStopwatchTorque Testers and Torque GaugesScaleErgonomic SoftwarePocket Ergo®Ergonomic Consulting & Assessment ServicesVibration Meters
Humanscale 500 & 550 White Keyboard Trays
Humanscale 500 & 550 White Keyboard Trays offer the classic features of Humanscale's 500 keyboard tray in a brilliant white color perfect for matching contemporary office decor. An extra large surface lets users who would prefer both items be on the same plane in their neutral reach zone to have a full-size keyboard and mouse on a single surface. A standard 6G mechanism is included to help provide height and depth adjustment as well as a negative tilt that reduces wrist pronation when used with the optional gel palm rest. Humanscale 500 and Humanscale 550 keyboard trays are also available in black and platinum finishes as well.
Need it faster? Check out our Humanscale Keyboard Tray Same Day Ship Models 900 & 500, which will ship out the same business day, if ordered before 3pm CST.
|Choose Options Below||click on for more info|
Select from the standard 27 inch wide 500 board or the more compact 25 inch 550 board.
All Humanscale mechanisms pivot 360 degrees from the point where it is mounted to the track. Some users have a need for additional side-to-side adjustability. The lateral slider provides for eight extra inches of movement from right to left. This is a useful feature for someone at a large workstation that requires them to type facing different angles or monitors.
The track mounts to the underside of your work surface. It directs and supports the Humanscale mechanism and keyboard tray as it slides forward and back. Standard length on most mechanisms is 21 5/8 inches. That length ensures that the keyboard tray can be completely stowed under your desk when not in use. Some mechanisms come standard with a shorter or longer track. Consult each description for that information, but all systems can be ordered with any track length.
Select one of the foam or gel palm rest options for the 500 (27" wide) or 550 keyboard trays (25" wide total). For the 500 Big Board, you can select a split palm rest with one 20" section and one 7" long section, or a 20" palm rest for the 550 board. This feature comes in handy if a user doesn't want a palm rest in front of their mouse or keypad (pictured in main image above). All are covered with an easy to clean, silver synthetic leather. For users with "slim" keyboards such as those made by Apple, a 19'' "slim" gel palm rest is available. Please note that this palm rest will not reach across the entire length of the tray, and will not fit flush against the keyboard tray corners like the 20'', 25'', and 27'' palm rests. The slim 19'' palm rests will sit roughly 5/8'' away from the closest corner when installed.
Notebook and Tablet Stand
The Goldtouch Go! Travel Notebook and Tablet Stand will come in handy not only when you're traveling, but anytime you want to set your laptop or tablet in an ergonomic position. Choose from seven different height settings to keep your screen at eye-level, which helps you avoid problems like eye strain and neck and back pain. This item also works well as a document holder, allowing you to input data without having to move your neck repeatedly from document to screen. The stand is lightweight and easily portable, yet strong enough to support laptops up to 17'' in length. Best of all, it's free!
- Click here to chat to get answers to your questions!
The Humanscale 500 White Keyboard Tray and Humanscale 550 White Keyboard Tray are designed to support both your keyboard and mouse in a comfortable position on a single platform. By placing your keyboard in your neutral reach zone, Humanscale 500 & 550 White Keyboard Trays help to reduce shoulder strain associated with reaching forward while typing. A height- and tilt-adjustable Humanscale 6G mechanism also allows for the keyboard tray to be rapidly adjusted to properly accommodate nearly any user, and an optional palm rest also helps support your hands to minimize wrist pronation.
Features - Humanscale 500 & 550 White Keyboard Trays
- Wide keyboard platforms accommodate both a keyboard and mouse on the same surface
- 1/4'' thick phenolic construction offers exceptional durability and is easy to clean
- 6G mechanism can be adjusted for height (1.75'' above track to 5.25'' below track) and negative tilt to fit most users
- Optional silver foam or gel palm rests support wrists while typing
Humanscale 500 & 550 White Keyboard Trays Specifications
|Mechanism||6G height-adjustable mechanism|
|Track lengths||11" - 27" L|
|Palm rests||Available in foam or gel|
|27" W x 10.625" D
25" W x 10.625" D
|Warranty||15 year warranty|
Neutral Reach Zone Description
|"The neutral reach zone is the area that can be conveniently reached with a sweep of the forearm while the upper arm hangs in a natural position at the side." (Sanders & McCormick, 1993)
Video Review - Humanscale Keyboard Tray Systems
Check out our video review of the Humanscale Keyboard Tray Systems below.
Professor Ergo's Thoughts:
A key component of any ergonomic workstation, Humanscale 500 & 550 White Keyboard Trays allow you to position your keyboard tray directly in your neutral zone, reducing stress on your shoulders and elbows. By placing the keyboard in your lap at approximately elbow height, arm extension is minimized, preventing shoulder strain. A 6G tilt-adjustable mechanism also lets you gently slope the keyboard away from you, straightening your wrists and allowing your fingers to "droop" onto the keyboard in a relaxed posture.