- DesksAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolUPLIFT Desk VideosUPLIFT Desk Photo GalleryCustomer Photo GalleryMost Popular Stand Up DesksQuick Ship Standing DesksUPLIFT Solid Wood Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Stand Up Desk with Reclaimed Wood TopUPLIFT Eco or Laminate Height Adjustable DeskUPLIFT Space Saver Standing DeskUPLIFT Standing DesksUPLIFT Laminate Adjustable Height DesksL-Shaped and Large Corner Standing DesksUPLIFT Treadmill DesksUPLIFT ProUPLIFT Base Only Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesUPLIFT Eco Corner Sit-Stand Desk with L-Shaped TopShop other UPLIFT desks >>
- ChairsMesh ChairsBig and Tall Office ChairsPetite Office ChairsErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsSit Stand SeatingHigh Back ChairsChairs with HeadrestsMid Back ChairsTask ChairsLeather ChairsExecutive ChairsKneeling ChairsIntensive Use ChairsHumanscale FreedomShop all popular chairs >>
- Workstation AccessoriesUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesMonitor ArmsKeyboard TrayCPU Holder and Computer MountErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic MouseStorage and OrganizationErgonomic Foot RestsDesk Corner SleeveAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesSee all UPLIFT accessories >>
- BrandsUPLIFT Standing DesksHumanscaleSteelcaseRaynor EurotechKnollAllseatingBalt ProductsBodybilt ChairsergoCentric ChairsErgotechESI ErgonomicsEvoluentExtech InstrumentsFocal Upright FurnitureGoldtouchHealth ChairHOGGANergoThe Human SolutionInnovative Office ProductsISE ErgonomicsKinesis ErgonomicsMaylineMatias ProductsMark-10NaturalPointNeutral PostureNightingaleNOTRAX Anti-Fatigue Floor MattingOffice StarPosturitePlantronics HeadsetsUPLIFT DeskShop all brands >>
- Ergonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Office Desk, Chair and Keyboard Height CalculatorAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolPocket Ergo - Internet Based SoftwarePocket Ergo Internet Based Software with Amazon Fire TabletThe Human Solution Blog -- Tips for a Healthier OfficeErgonomic Chair Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Office ChairMonitor Arm Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Monitor ArmKeyboard Tray Buying Guide: How to Select a Keyboard TrayErgonomic desk, chair and keyboard height calculatorSee more ergonomic tools >>
- MoreChairsDesksTreadmill DesksKeyboard TrayMonitor ArmsErgonomic MouseErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic Foot RestsTask LightWorkstation AccessoriesMac Compatible Ergonomic ProductsPlantronics HeadsetsLaptop ErgonomicsBudget ErgonomicsHumanscale ViewPoint Technology Wall StationsHealthcare Monitor ArmsHealthcare Chairs and StoolsHealthcare Keyboard TraysHealthcare Anti-Fatigue MatsUPLIFT Standing DesksAssessment ToolsIndustrial Equipment ToolAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsHand Trucks and DolliesErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsErgonomic SoftwareMaterial Handling EquipmentDesk Edge ProtectorErgonomic StoolsCasters & WheelsAdjustable TableEntrance and Carpet MatsErgoKitAnthropometric Testing EquipmentForce GaugeHand DynamometerPinch DynamometerSensory Evaluation ToolThermo-hygrometerSound Level MeterLight MeterGoniometer and InclinometerEMGStopwatchTorque Testers and Torque GaugesScaleErgonomic SoftwarePocket Ergo®Ergonomic Consulting & Assessment ServicesVibration Meters
Humanscale Float Table
The Humanscale Float Table is the next generation in height-adjustable desks. The Float Desk is named for its ability to nearly "float" into position when moving up or down. It does this with easy, one-hand counterbalance weight adjustment, without electricity, and without a cross beam, freeing up valuable leg space. Along with nearly-effortless sit-to-stand height adjustment, Humanscale Float Tables also offer the safety of a constant-force mechanism and lighted indicator which only allows adjustment when the desktop and its contents are counterbalanced properly.
|Choose Options Below||click on for more info|
The Humanscale Float Table comes in three available base colors: White, Black, or Silver.
The crank which counterbalances the desktop weight on your Humanscale Float Table can come mounted permanently or is also available removable.
Heavy Duty Kit
The heavy duty kit is an optional cylinder you can add to increase the lifting capacity an additional 30 lbs.
Humanscale Float Tables can be ordered in the following sizes.
- 48" W x 24" D
- 54" W x 24" D
- 60" W x 24" D
- 66" W x 24" D
- 72" W x 24" D
- 48" W x 30" D
- 54" W x 30" D
- 60" W x 30" D
- 66" W x 30" D
- 72" W x 30" D
The Humanscale Float Table is available in Black, Gray, Tan, Platinum or White.
The desktop edge of your Float Table comes in your choice of "flat" or "knife" edge seen below. The knife edge is not available on 48'' wide desktops.
Optional Keyboard Tray
An ergonomic keyboard tray is an excellent accessory for your height adjustable desk, and the Humanscale Float Keyboard Tray has been specifically designed for use with the Float Table. Its specially-designed platform, track and mechanism allow for full storage under your Float Table's desktop, even with a 24'' depth top. The streamlined mechanism design features the standard 15° of negative tilt found in all Humanscale mechanisms, but removes the independent height adjustment from the keyboard tray mechanism, instead allowing you to use your Float Table's height adjustment capabilities to adjust your keyboard tray. The Float Keyboard Tray comes in black or white, and also lets you choose between foam, gel or slim gel palm rest.
- HUS403~B~F: Black with black foam palm rest
- HUS403~B~G: Black with black gel palm rest
- HUS403~B~S: Black with black slim gel palm rest
- HUS403~W~F: White with gray foam palm rest
- HUS403~W~G: White with gray gel palm rest
- HUS403~W~S: White with gray slim gel palm rest
All UPLIFT desks ship for free to both commercial locations and residences in the lower 48 states of the US. We don't spring any hidden shipping costs on you during the checkout process. Just place your order, and we'll contact you to arrange the free shipping method that will work best for you.
Room of Choice Delivery ($199)
If you need us to bring your shipment into a specific room of your business or residence, just choose this option and we'll have your desk delivered where you need it.
Please note: This delivery option will add about 1½ to 2 weeks to transit time.
Room of Choice Delivery with Desk Installation ($539)
If you need the desk both delivered into a specific room and put together, choose this option and we can arrange for assembly as well. Desk installation services are not available in California.
Please note: This delivery option will add about 1½ to 2 weeks to transit time.
Canadian Shipping ($249)
We deliver most desk orders to Canada for a flat rate. If for some reason this flat rate does not apply to your order, we will contact you to approve any shipping charge adjustments before proceeding.
Alaska, Hawaii and International Shipping (Will Contact with Pricing)
Our desks can ship to any commercial or residential location outside the lower 48 US states as well. If you are in Alaska, Hawaii, or any international location, choose this option, and we can calculate your shipping cost and contact you for approval. Please note that duties, brokerage fees and taxes will apply to international orders. One less expensive alternative is to purchase just an UPLIFT Desk base that can ship within a business day via UPS ground, and source your desktop locally.
Free Live Ergonomic Training Webinar
This purchase includes a Live Half-Hour Online Seminar with an ergonomic pro. This webinar will help you learn how best to use ergonomic tools and make the right choices for your workstation. Anyone interested in building an ideal workspace for their own unique needs should take advantage of this offer. The webinar will cover valuable ergonomic essentials such as:
- Understanding the biomechanics of sitting
- Setting up a workstation to maximize efficiency
- Adjusting a chair to promote neutral posture
- Learning exercises to reduce stress and fatigue
- Click here to chat to get answers to your questions!
The sleek design and thin yet solid top of the Humanscale Float Table makes fingertip height adjustment simple. By just pressing a lever and applying minimal force, you can easily adjust the height to anywhere from 27" to 47", an excellent range of adjustment rare for this type of mechanism. With its sturdy steel and aluminum construction, minimalistic crossbar-free design, easy sit-to-stand adjustability and intuitive counterbalanced adjustment, the Humanscale Float Table is a functional yet sophisticated height-adjustable desk solution.
Features - Humanscale Float Table
- Provides an impressive 20" of near-effortless height adjustment
- Sleek design features unobstructed leg space free of clunky support beam and requires no electricity
- Unique adjustable counterbalance mechanism can support up to 130 lbs
- Safety feature prevents possibility of injury due to incorrect counterbalance
- Lighted indicator for intuitive adjustment instruction
- Sturdy steel and aluminum construction meets BIFMA load and capacity requirements
- 3/4" thick laminate top comes with threaded inserts, requiring no drilling
Humanscale Float Table Specifications
|Height range||27" to 47" H|
|Base weight capacity (including desktop)||130 lbs|
|Laminate top thickness||3/4" thick|
Professor Ergo's Thoughts:
The counterbalance mechanism on the Humanscale Float Table makes it a breeze to alternate between sitting and standing, which of course helps to promote blood flow and thus increase productivity. It also makes for a safer height-adjustable desk, preventing the possibility of injury that can come with incorrect counterbalance. And the Humanscale Float Desk does all of this without one of those obtrusive support beams that can get in the way of your leg space.
The Woodlands, TX
I would recommend this item to a friend.
Sleek and Flexible
August 5, 2015
I can't recall who first introduced me to this desk, but it was on my wish list for a long time as a necessary ingredient for my "dream" home work space. And when a local store was getting rid of their floor model of a 2' x 4' model of white top on white base, the exact color combo I wanted, I snatched it up as the first step toward my goal. At first I used the desk as an additional work surface in an office with a traditional sit-down desk, and experimented with using my computer on the high vs the low surfaces. Over the last year I gravitated toward using the Float Desk more as an island, occasionally popping laptop off of its dock to do some work, but I prize the desk mostly for NOT having a computer on it, and letting me spread out what I was working on. Now that I have installed a wall of (perfectly coordinating) white Elfa solid white shelves (including a row of deep shelves at my ideal working height) I can have my computer and assorted office tools at standing height, (or lower, on lower shelves) and the float desk can be moved to be a peninsula addition or as an island, depending on my mood and need - and of course I can lower it when I want to sit and put my feet up for a bit. And did I say that this combination of white Elfa with white Float Desk makes for an awesome custom-look office?
Pros:It has a fresh, clean modern look. I like the low profile of the legs, unlike the massive look of the bases of some of the other adjustable-height desks on the market. The big pro is that it is mechanical - no cords involved! One less thing to break down! Lets you put the table anywhere you like, even in the middle of a room (which is where mine is right now). It comes with feet that reverse from a shiny metal side for carpeted floors, and a softer felted side for use on hard floors.
Cons:Cons are few, and mostly if you aren't familiar with the way the lift system works...so I'll clue you in. When you push the lever to allow the table to float up, or to allow you to press it downward, be prepared that the action will vary wildly depending on how much weight is on the table. If nothing heavy is on the table, it can pop up and surprise you and require an unexpected amount of effort to push it down. If you have something heavy on it already, the action is more sedate going up, and you have an assist in pressing it downward. I also wish it came with locking casters instead of just plain feet, because I'm a big fan of rearranging my work-space to suit the type of project I'm doing...and cleaning under things thoroughly. And I wish there was a built-in spot for the little metal tool that lets you adjust the tension in the hydraulic apparatus.
Humanscale Float Table
October 27, 2013
Love the table but assembling it was tough for me. The instructions call for several sizes of hex bits.
Humanscale Float Table
February 5, 2013
One of the best home office purchases that I have ever made. I work from home and this "desk" is so easy to adjust for a sitting or standing position that I change it several times a day. My back says "Thank you!".