- DesksAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolUPLIFT Desk VideosUPLIFT Desk Photo GalleryCustomer Photo GalleryMost Popular Stand Up DesksQuick Ship Standing DesksUPLIFT Solid Wood Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Stand Up Desk with Reclaimed Wood TopUPLIFT Eco or Laminate Height Adjustable DeskUPLIFT Space Saver Standing DeskUPLIFT Standing DesksUPLIFT Laminate Adjustable Height DesksL-Shaped and Large Corner Standing DesksUPLIFT Treadmill DesksUPLIFT ProUPLIFT Base Only Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesUPLIFT Eco Corner Sit-Stand Desk with L-Shaped TopShop other UPLIFT desks >>
- ChairsMesh ChairsBig and Tall Office ChairsPetite Office ChairsErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsSit Stand SeatingHigh Back ChairsChairs with HeadrestsMid Back ChairsTask ChairsLeather ChairsExecutive ChairsKneeling ChairsIntensive Use ChairsUPLIFT Motion StoolShop all popular chairs >>
- Workstation AccessoriesUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesMonitor ArmsKeyboard TrayCPU Holder and Computer MountErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic MouseStorage and OrganizationErgonomic Foot RestsDesk Corner SleeveAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesSee all UPLIFT accessories >>
- BrandsUPLIFT Standing DesksHumanscaleSteelcaseRaynor EurotechKnollAllseatingBalt ProductsBodybilt ChairsergoCentric ChairsErgotechESI ErgonomicsEvoluentExtech InstrumentsFocal Upright FurnitureGoldtouchHealth ChairHOGGANergoThe Human SolutionInnovative Office ProductsISE ErgonomicsKinesis ErgonomicsMaylineMatias ProductsMark-10NaturalPointNeutral PostureNightingaleNOTRAX Anti-Fatigue Floor MattingOffice StarPosturitePlantronics HeadsetsUPLIFT DeskShop all brands >>
- Ergonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Office Desk, Chair and Keyboard Height CalculatorAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolPocket Ergo - Internet Based SoftwarePocket Ergo Internet Based Software with Amazon Fire TabletThe Human Solution Blog -- Tips for a Healthier OfficeErgonomic Chair Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Office ChairMonitor Arm Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Monitor ArmKeyboard Tray Buying Guide: How to Select a Keyboard TrayErgonomic desk, chair and keyboard height calculatorSee more ergonomic tools >>
- MoreChairsDesksTreadmill DesksKeyboard TrayMonitor ArmsErgonomic MouseErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic Foot RestsTask LightWorkstation AccessoriesMac Compatible Ergonomic ProductsPlantronics HeadsetsLaptop ErgonomicsBudget ErgonomicsHumanscale ViewPoint Technology Wall StationsHealthcare Monitor ArmsHealthcare Chairs and StoolsHealthcare Keyboard TraysHealthcare Anti-Fatigue MatsUPLIFT Standing DesksAssessment ToolsIndustrial Equipment ToolAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsHand Trucks and DolliesErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsErgonomic SoftwareMaterial Handling EquipmentDesk Edge ProtectorErgonomic StoolsCasters & WheelsAdjustable TableEntrance and Carpet MatsErgoKitAnthropometric Testing EquipmentForce GaugeHand DynamometerPinch DynamometerSensory Evaluation ToolThermo-hygrometerSound Level MeterLight MeterGoniometer and InclinometerEMGStopwatchTorque Testers and Torque GaugesScaleErgonomic SoftwarePocket Ergo®Ergonomic Consulting & Assessment ServicesVibration Meters
Humanscale Freedom Chair in Leather with Headrest
The Humanscale Freedom Chair in Leather with Headrest offers the amazing comfort, personalized support and adjustability of the Humanscale Freedom Chair with the elegance of fine leather. Customize your Humanscale Freedom Chair in Leather by choosing from a number of adjustable ergonomic features as well as three different grades of high-quality leather. Humanscale chairs are Manufactured in the USA.
Want a better price on this item? Contact us for a quote.
|Choose Options Below||click on for more info|
Receive a free gift as appreciation for being a valued Human Solution customer! Choose one of the following options:
- A FREE UPLIFT Notebook and Tablet Stand - View your tablet or laptop in a more comfortable ergonomic position with this lightweight, adjustable stand, which can also be used as a document holder.
- A FREE Goldtouch Adjustable Keyboard - GTN-0033 - This keyboard's split design promotes a more natural and ergonomic typing position.
- A FREE UPLIFT CPU Holder - Clear up desktop space and keep your computer tower off the floor by mounting it to the underneath of your desktop. This accessory is great for height-adjustable desk users.
- A FREE UPLIFT Single Monitor Arm - Mount a monitor weighing between 4.5 lbs - 17.5 lbs, and adjust the height, depth or lateral position with easy fingertip adjustment.
- A FREE $100 gift certificate toward an UPLIFT Desk - There's no better time to make the switch to a height-adjustable desk! Gift certificate is good toward full two and three-leg UPLIFT Desks; excludes scratch and dent models.
The Freedom arms are available in two different styles: standard and advanced. The standard arms quickly move up and down; the advanced arms are width as well as height adjustable.
- Revolutionary armrests move in tandem to eliminate the dangers of uneven arm positioning
- Natural lift-and-release action allows for immediate repositioning without the need for buttons or locks
- The armrests provide a 6" range of vertical motion to accommodate all users and tasks, and they can be positioned below thigh-level for close table or desk work
- The armrests are attached to the backrest, not the seat like most chairs, so they stay in the same relation to your body when you recline
- Offer all the same features of the standard armrests
- Arms slide left and right for width adjustment
Our recommendation: Many users prefer the added adjustability of the advanced armrests.
Once you pick the type of arms to best suit your needs, choose your arm padding, Duron or Technogel. Add a surface material to complement your Freedom color options.
- Duron is a durable polyurethane arm with a Technogel core for added comfort, and it comes standard on both arm styles
- Technogel is softer and extremely comfortable, and the standard upholstery on the gel arms is black synthetic leather
- Either arm padding can be upholstered to match your chair
Raise or lower the height of the Freedom's seat by selecting a cylinder size. When sitting in a chair, a person's feet should rest comfortably on the floor or a foot rest. Ninety-five percent of our customers select the standard height for their chair; however, a petite user with a lower desk or a tall user with a higher desk can opt for a custom configuration without worrying about bumping their knees on a work surface.
- Standard height cylinder fits 90% of the population
- Low range cylinder is available for very petite users
- High range cylinder is available for very tall users
- Tall and extra tall cylinders combine with a footring to make the Freedom Chair a Humanscale Freedom Drafting Chair
Our recommendation: If you aren't sure which height is best for you, give us a call and we'll help you choose.
The Freedom chair offers four caster choices. Most of our customers select the standard casters for carpet floors or soft casters for hard floors. Glides are perfect for a stationary chair, and the locking casters let the chair move around when no one is sitting down.
- Standard Hard Casters- 2 1/2" double-wheeled for carpeted floors
- Soft Casters- 2 1/2" soft double-wheeled for hard floors
- Glides- non-rolling glides for fixed location use
- Locking Casters- lock into position when you sit on the chair
The Freedom Chair is available with three frame colors: graphite and titanium frames are standard colors, and the polished aluminum frame is an upgrade available with either titanium or graphite shells on the cushions and arms.
This is what a Freedom Chair looks like with each of the three frame choices:
The Freedom Chair comes standard with a highly durable composite base with graphite or titanium finish, or upgrade to a polished aluminum base finish.
Leather - Grade 0
VicenzaA lightly corrected, aniline dyed leather produced from European hides. It receives a special retannage that enriches the leather and tightens the grain.
Leather - Grade 1
Bizon is a durable, water-resistant leather suitable for a wide range of applications. The combination of a special retannage and technically-advanced finishing process results in a leather that is not only water-resistant but also practical for applications that require a durable finish.
Leather - Grade 3
Cervo is chromium tanned and aniline dyed. The unique tannage approximates the rich luxurious suppleness of deer skin. The clarity and depth of the aniline dyes provide a distinct beauty enhancing all the natural characteristics. Cervo is thicker than the other naked leathers in our collection. Specialized milling adds additional character providing a soft pebble grain texture unmatched by any other leather in its class.
Choose from a variety of different color box stitchings for your chair. This option is only available for leather upholstery.
Free Live Ergonomic Training Webinar
This chair purchase includes a Live Half-Hour Online Seminar with an ergonomic pro. This webinar will help you learn how best to use ergonomic tools and make the right choices for your workstation. Anyone interested in building an ideal workspace for their own unique needs should take advantage of this offer. The webinar will cover valuable ergonomic essentials such as:
- Understanding the biomechanics of sitting
- Setting up a workstation to maximize efficiency
- Adjusting a chair to promote neutral posture
- Learning exercises to reduce stress and fatigue
The Humanscale Freedom Chair, one of our most popular ergonomic chairs, is available in leather with all of the same great features that users have come to expect from Humanscale's line of ergonomic chairs. The Humanscale Freedom Chair in Leather promotes freedom from knobs, locks or levers - its intuitive adjustments require no alterations once the chair is fitted to a user.
The many ergonomic features, benefits, leather choices, and customizable options for the Humanscale Freedom Chairs in Leather are listed below and in the option tab; this includes a variety of additional information including Freedom Chair videos, Freedom Chair reviews and brochures. If you have any questions or need help configuring a chair, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Humanscale Freedom Chair in Leather Features
- The Freedom chair features a dynamic, reclining mechanism that provides the right amount of support throughout a full range of motion, regardless of your size or weight- this means there's no tension springs to adjust and no recline locks to worry about, instead the Freedom chair has a "virtual lock" that adjusts to the natural position of your body
- While reclining, the angle between your torso and legs opens up for better body functioning, and you can maintain near constant eye level when leaning back
Dual Pivot Backrest
- Extra motion provided by the backrest during recline automatically adjusts to the changing needs of your spine
- Dynamic movement provides up to one inch of additional lumbar support when needed
- The cushions are carefully sculpted to match your body's contours and increase contact area to reduce pressure points
- Cushions are modular so changing them is easy; replace worn cushions so your chair lasts a lifetime
Position Sensitive Headrest
- Headrest moves into place when you recline and out of the way when you sit up
- Contoured design cradles the head and neck in comfort
- Cushion moves with the natural arc of head and neck for perfect support throughout the range of recline
- The headrest offers a 5" range of vertical adjustment
See this product in action
Download more information
Video Review - Humanscale Freedom Chair with Headrest
Check out our video review of the Humanscale Freedom Chair with Headrest below.
Humanscale Freedom Chair Specifications
The Humanscale Freedom is rated to 300 pounds and carries a limited 15 year warranty. Due to chair dimensions, we recommend this chair for people 230 pounds and under.
Shop Smart: Shop Authorized and Protect Your InvestmentThe Human Solution is an authorized Humanscale reseller. All manufacturers sign a contractual agreement with their dealers that require dealers uphold a specific code of behavior that provides for quality support both before and after the sale of their products, including warranty support. Humanscale authorized dealers must meet high quality standards for customer service, product selection, and business ethics. This policy includes:
- A brand new product guarantee (Humanscale authorized dealers are prohibited from selling or marketing used, refurbished, or renewed Humanscale products)
- Full coverage by Humanscale?s lifetime manufacturer warranty
- On-site product service in 12 major cities and nationwide warranty support
What do you lose by purchasing a Humanscale product from a non-authorized source?
- While some unauthorized sellers may have their own warranty, it is usually very limited in scope, often as short as 30 days. The warranty is only as good as the dealer who backs it; if they go out of business, your warranty is gone with them.
- Humanscale assigns serial numbers to every chair they manufacturer - this record details the original purchaser and ensures the lifetime warranty is only valid for the original purchaser. You cannot purchase replacement parts, pads or fabric without the serial number. Additionally if your chair breaks, you cannot get it repaired.
- Humanscale chairs are rated to 250 pounds and a 40 hour work week. If a refurbished chair has seen more use than this, its lifetime will be shortened.
- When comparing dealers and pricing, read the description thoroughly. As all authorized dealers are subject to the same minimum advertised pricing, any dealer lower should be suspect.
- Seat Height Raise or lower the seat to match your height
- Seat Depth Change the seat depth to match the length of your thighs
- Back Height Raise or lower the chair back to position the lumbar support in your lumbar curve
- Back Angle Adjust the back angle independently from the position of your seat
- Center Tilt Chair recline tilts from center of seat
- Synchro-Tilt Movement Backrest reclines at a faster rate than the seat, opening your posture and promoting healthy movement
- Dynamic Mechanism A dynamic reclining mechanism that provides support and encourages motion without adjustment levers
- Tilt Tension Increase or decrease the recline tension to match your body weight
- Chair Tilt Lock Allows you to lock your chair at a comfortable working angle
- Arm Height Adjust the chair arm height to match your natural elbow height
- Arm Elbow Pivot Arms pivot inward and outward from the elbow, giving better support for keyboarding tasks
- Lumbar Raise or flatten the curvature of your lumbar support
- Waterfall Seat Edge Contoured or flexible seat edge reduces pressure at the backs of the knees
- Adjustable Headrest Raise or lower the headrest to match your height. Some headrests may also feature depth adjustment
- Contoured Cushions Contoured cushions follow the natural curvature of your body helping to evenly disperse pressure and give full support
- Seat Height Raise or lower the seat to match your height