- DesksAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolUPLIFT Desk VideosUPLIFT Desk Photo GalleryCustomer Photo GalleryMost Popular Stand Up DesksQuick Ship Standing DesksUPLIFT Solid Wood Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Stand Up Desk with Reclaimed Wood TopUPLIFT Eco or Laminate Height Adjustable DeskUPLIFT Space Saver Standing DeskUPLIFT Standing DesksUPLIFT Laminate Adjustable Height DesksL-Shaped and Large Corner Standing DesksUPLIFT Treadmill DesksUPLIFT ProUPLIFT Base Only Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesUPLIFT Eco Corner Sit-Stand Desk with L-Shaped TopShop other UPLIFT desks >>
- ChairsMesh ChairsBig and Tall Office ChairsPetite Office ChairsErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsSit Stand SeatingHigh Back ChairsChairs with HeadrestsMid Back ChairsTask ChairsLeather ChairsExecutive ChairsKneeling ChairsIntensive Use ChairsUPLIFT Motion StoolShop all popular chairs >>
- Workstation AccessoriesUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesMonitor ArmsKeyboard TrayCPU Holder and Computer MountErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic MouseStorage and OrganizationErgonomic Foot RestsDesk Corner SleeveAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesSee all UPLIFT accessories >>
- BrandsUPLIFT Standing DesksHumanscaleSteelcaseRaynor EurotechKnollAllseatingBalt ProductsBodybilt ChairsergoCentric ChairsErgotechESI ErgonomicsEvoluentExtech InstrumentsFocal Upright FurnitureGoldtouchHealth ChairHOGGANergoThe Human SolutionInnovative Office ProductsISE ErgonomicsKinesis ErgonomicsMaylineMatias ProductsMark-10NaturalPointNeutral PostureNightingaleNOTRAX Anti-Fatigue Floor MattingOffice StarPosturitePlantronics HeadsetsUPLIFT DeskShop all brands >>
- Ergonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Office Desk, Chair and Keyboard Height CalculatorAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolPocket Ergo - Internet Based SoftwarePocket Ergo Internet Based Software with Amazon Fire TabletThe Human Solution Blog -- Tips for a Healthier OfficeErgonomic Chair Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Office ChairMonitor Arm Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Monitor ArmKeyboard Tray Buying Guide: How to Select a Keyboard TrayErgonomic desk, chair and keyboard height calculatorSee more ergonomic tools >>
- MoreChairsDesksTreadmill DesksKeyboard TrayMonitor ArmsErgonomic MouseErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic Foot RestsTask LightWorkstation AccessoriesMac Compatible Ergonomic ProductsPlantronics HeadsetsLaptop ErgonomicsBudget ErgonomicsHumanscale ViewPoint Technology Wall StationsHealthcare Monitor ArmsHealthcare Chairs and StoolsHealthcare Keyboard TraysHealthcare Anti-Fatigue MatsUPLIFT Standing DesksAssessment ToolsIndustrial Equipment ToolAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsHand Trucks and DolliesErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsErgonomic SoftwareMaterial Handling EquipmentDesk Edge ProtectorErgonomic StoolsCasters & WheelsAdjustable TableEntrance and Carpet MatsErgoKitAnthropometric Testing EquipmentForce GaugeHand DynamometerPinch DynamometerSensory Evaluation ToolThermo-hygrometerSound Level MeterLight MeterGoniometer and InclinometerEMGStopwatchTorque Testers and Torque GaugesScaleErgonomic SoftwarePocket Ergo®Ergonomic Consulting & Assessment ServicesVibration Meters
Penguin Vertical Mouse - Wired Large
The Penguin Vertical Mouse - Wired Large gives your hand relief from the tendon-wrenching clamp grip that can cause fatigue, repetitive strain injuries and carpal tunnel, and transitions you to a more ergonomically-correct sideways alignment. Its contoured design provides a resting area for your thumb and index finger; intuitive left and right-click mean there is a minimal learning curve. Prevent long-term damage to your hand and shoulder with this handsome tuxedoed wireless vertical mouse. The Penguin Vertical Mouse - Wired Large is available in wired and wireless versions, and in small, medium, and large sizes. See below for more information.Read More...
|Choose Options Below||click on for more info|
We have a small quantity of refurbished Penguin mice that are available at a reduced price. These mice are open-box items that have been returned to us or used in our showroom, and were tested to ensure they are in like-new working condition.
Experience the relief that only a natural mousing grip can offer, by switching to the Penguin Vertical Mouse - Wired Large. The Penguin Mouse is easy to set up and offers precision mousing with laser tracking and variable DPI settings. With USB compatibility for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux operating systems, it's ready to go right out of the box. Unlike most ergonomic mice, the Penguin Vertical Mouse - Wired Large can be used by either left-handed or right-handed users, making it an excellent option for shared computers or for users interested in ambidextrous mousing.
Features - Penguin Vertical Mouse - Wired Large
- Naturally comfortable vertical alignment encourages more ergonomic operating position
- Ambidextrous design with central "bow-tie" switch allows for transition between left and right-handed operation
- Symmetrical base enables user to rest either hand alongside vertical structure, encouraging use of larger forearm and upper arm muscles to maneuver mouse, with precision finer movements performed by hand or finger muscles
- Easy and precise scroll wheel for fast and accurate document scrolling (also includes auto-scroll feature)
- Performance laser tracking with variable DPI settings (400, 600, 800, 1600) allows flexibility for different types of applications
- Plug and Play USB 2.0 compatability for Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X and Linux
- 2 year manufacturer warranty
- Available in wireless or wired versions, with small or standard sizes:
Professor Ergo's Thoughts:
The traditional mouse is quickly becoming a thing of the past, thanks to improved research on the mechanics of the muscles leading from your hands to your wrist, all the way to the shoulders. As it turns out, gripping a mouse is an unnatural motion, one that can lead to a variety of strain injuries, especially when compounded over long periods of time. A vertical mouse such as Posturite's Penguin Mouse has been designed to reduce such fatigue. If you've been experiencing any kind of hand, wrist or arm pain, try one for yourself and you'll be amazed at the amount of relief you experience.
I would recommend this item to a friend.
Great Product. I own 2!
December 7, 2015
Awesome product. I have two. One at the office and one at home.I highly recommend. I'll just share a few observations below: 1) Great customer support from Posturite. Bought product here, and was having some problems. Emailed Posturite directly in hopes of tech support and after we couldn't figure it out they immediately sent me a replacement. Straight from the UK. An update on that bit, there wasn't actually anything wrong with the mouse. There was something wrong with the USB ports on the two computers I was testing it on during the tech support part of the journey. My sample size for testing was too small I guess. Anyway, two important things here. Great product, worked perfectly. But I did also get to witness their excellent customer service first hand. 2) I've never tested this, but during my tech support quest they did ask to make sure I hadn't charged via anything other than usb port on a computer. I believe there might be a problem if you charge this in a wall outlet. 3) I've knocked it off of my desk a few times. Who doesn't with their mouse, right? One time I noticed it wasn't working when I picked it up. So I looked underneath and sure enough the laser had shifted. So I took a screwdriver and removed all of the screws holding the bottom plate in and just re-positioned the laser. Easy. There are a few screws hidden under stickers, so if it doesn't easily come off just keep peeling off stickers until you get them all. They might also be under the stick on gliders. I seem to remember removing them as well, but can't be sure.
Pros:Very comfortable Good customer service
Cons:If the laser comes ajar because the mouse was severely dropped/mishandled, you have to take the little sticky gliders off of the bottom to get all the screws out. This isn't hard, but I'm sort of a perfectionist and it bothered me that I probably reduced their life in doing so.
Frustrating to work with
August 21, 2015
I find this mouse very frustrating to work with. I have waited several weeks to get used to it before writing this review. With a regular mouse I can move it ever so slightly with my fingers without having to move my hand. The large base on this mouse makes it almost impossible to make fine movements. The buttons on this mouse are maddening. There appears to be no way to adjust the sensitivity of the buttons although it has variable DPI for movement. The pressure needed to click on the left mouse button appears to be inconsistent.
Pros:I like the angle of my hand when using it.
Cons:The buttons give a poor and inconsistent response. The large base make it hard to make fine movements with your fingers like you can on a regular mouse.
Penguin Vertical Mouse
July 24, 2014
I purchased this from thehumansolution.com to help alleviate wrist pain from pronation of my hand caused by a conventional mouse. I have a mouse, a trackball and a vertical mouse on my desk. I have used other an ergo type mice in the past. The vertical mouse is the most comfortable type I've found to use for long periods. The Large mouse is actually a little too large for me. (I measure @ 20.5 mm wrist to traffic finger tip). The length of reach is pretty good, but my hand naturally puts my index finger at the scroll wheel. I have to stretch my fingers laterally (vertically on mouse) to reach. This causes some fatigue at the base of the finger. A low friction mousepad makes a great accessory. I have a Func Industries Archtype pad that is nice and large and has a low friction option. Usage: Office programs, internet and CADD software. Suggestion - put a programmable button on the crown of the mouse, to allow for a shortcut.
penquin vertical mouse wired
April 18, 2013
Dropped and broke my wireless one so decided on wired this time. As I said before, I have steel and cement in my right wrist from cancer. Had difficult time with normal mouse. Looked for 6 months before selecting Penquin, so very glad I did. It took away my pain in wrist while at the computer. it is that simple, it does what it says it does. Great product.