- DesksAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolUPLIFT Desk VideosUPLIFT Desk Photo GalleryCustomer Photo GalleryMost Popular Stand Up DesksQuick Ship Standing DesksUPLIFT Solid Wood Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Stand Up Desk with Reclaimed Wood TopUPLIFT Eco or Laminate Height Adjustable DeskUPLIFT Space Saver Standing DeskUPLIFT Standing DesksUPLIFT Laminate Adjustable Height DesksL-Shaped and Large Corner Standing DesksUPLIFT Treadmill DesksUPLIFT ProUPLIFT Base Only Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesUPLIFT Eco Corner Sit-Stand Desk with L-Shaped TopShop other UPLIFT desks >>
- ChairsMesh ChairsBig and Tall Office ChairsPetite Office ChairsErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsSit Stand SeatingHigh Back ChairsChairs with HeadrestsMid Back ChairsTask ChairsLeather ChairsExecutive ChairsKneeling ChairsIntensive Use ChairsUPLIFT Motion StoolShop all popular chairs >>
- Workstation AccessoriesUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesMonitor ArmsKeyboard TrayCPU Holder and Computer MountErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic MouseStorage and OrganizationErgonomic Foot RestsDesk Corner SleeveAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesSee all UPLIFT accessories >>
- BrandsUPLIFT Standing DesksHumanscaleSteelcaseRaynor EurotechKnollBalt ProductsBodybilt ChairsergoCentric ChairsErgotechESI ErgonomicsEvoluentExtech InstrumentsFocal Upright FurnitureGoldtouchHealth Postures Computer TaskmateHOGGANergoThe Human SolutionInnovative Office ProductsISE ErgonomicsKinesis ErgonomicsMaylineMatias ProductsMark-10Neutral PostureNightingaleNOTRAX Anti-Fatigue Floor MattingOffice StarPosturiteUPLIFT DeskShop all brands >>
- Ergonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Office Desk, Chair and Keyboard Height CalculatorAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolThe Human Solution Blog -- Tips for a Healthier OfficeErgonomic Chair Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Office ChairMonitor Arm Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Monitor ArmKeyboard Tray Buying Guide: How to Select a Keyboard TrayErgonomic desk, chair and keyboard height calculatorSee more ergonomic tools >>
- MoreChairsDesksTreadmill DesksKeyboard TrayMonitor ArmsErgonomic MouseErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic Foot RestsTask LightWorkstation AccessoriesMac Compatible Ergonomic ProductsPlantronics HeadsetsLaptop ErgonomicsBudget ErgonomicsHumanscale ViewPoint Technology Wall StationsHealthcare Monitor ArmsHealthcare Chairs and StoolsHealthcare Keyboard TraysHealthcare Anti-Fatigue MatsUPLIFT Standing DesksAssessment ToolsIndustrial Equipment ToolAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsHand Trucks and DolliesErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsErgonomic SoftwareMaterial Handling EquipmentDesk Edge ProtectorErgonomic StoolsAdjustable TableEntrance and Carpet MatsErgoKitAnthropometric Testing EquipmentForce GaugeHand DynamometerPinch DynamometerSensory Evaluation ToolThermo-hygrometerSound Level MeterLight MeterGoniometer and InclinometerEMGStopwatchTorque Testers and Torque GaugesScaleErgonomic SoftwarePocket ErgoErgonomic Consulting & Assessment ServicesVibration Meters
Penguin Vertical Mouse - Wired Medium
The Penguin Vertical Mouse - Wired Medium gives your hand relief from the tendon-wrenching clamp grip that can cause fatigue, repetitive strain injuries and carpal tunnel, and transitions you to a more ergo-friendly sideways alignment. Its contoured design provides a resting area for your thumb and index finger. Intuitive left and right-click mean there is hardly any learning curve. Prevent long-term damage to your hand and shoulder with this handsome tuxedoed vertical ergonomic mouse. The Penguin Vertical Mouse - Wired Medium Size is available in wired and wireless versions, and in small, medium, and large sizes. See below for more information.Read More...
Experience the relief that only a natural mousing grip can provide, by switching to the Penguin Vertical Mouse - Wired Medium. The Penguin Mouse is easy to set up and offers precision mousing with laser tracking and variable DPI settings. With USB compatibility for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux operating systems, it's ready to go out of the box. Unlike most ergonomic mice, the Penguin Vertical Mouse - Wired Medium can be used by either left-handed or right-handed users, making it an excellent option for shared computers and for users interested in ambidextrous mousing.
A limited number of open box models are available. Call or chat to inquire about price and availability.
Features - Penguin Vertical Mouse - Wired Medium
- Naturally comfortable vertical alignment encourages more ergonomic operating position
- Ambidextrous design with central "bow-tie" switch allows for transition between left and right-handed operation
- Symmetrical base enables user to rest either hand alongside vertical structure, encouraging use of larger forearm and upper arm muscles to maneuver mouse, with precision finer movements performed by hand or finger muscles
- Easy and precise scroll wheel for fast and accurate document scrolling (also includes auto-scroll feature)
- Performance laser tracking with variable DPI settings (400, 600, 800, 1600) allows flexibility for different types of applications
- Plug and Play USB 2.0 compatability for Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X and Linux
- 2 year manufacturer warranty
- Available in wireless or wired versions, with small, medium or large sizes:
Professor Ergo's Thoughts:
The traditional mouse is quickly becoming a thing of the past, thanks to improved research on the mechanics of the muscles leading from your hands to your wrist, all the way to the shoulders. As it turns out, gripping a mouse is an unnatural motion, one that can lead to a variety of strain injuries, especially when compounded over long periods of time. A vertical mouse such as Posturite's Penguin Mouse has been designed to reduce such fatigue. If you've been experiencing any kind of hand, wrist or arm pain, try one for yourself and you'll be amazed at the amount of relief you experience.
I would recommend this item to a friend.
December 19, 2014
I had wished I had more information on the instruction manual to show how your arm moves and the actual movement required that is completely different to the movement when using the mouse. I used the mouse pad for about 3 weeks until I called to ask Human Solution if it was necessary, I noticed the laser skipping. Of course, the operator said: Oh we never use the mouse pad. The Penquin sits directly on desk top.
Pros:no pain anymore, very decisive cursor tracking, no mousepad needed --
Cons:definetely not as fast for productivity as the regular mouse is.....
May 18, 2014
I've been using the Penguin mouse now for just over a month and it's great! It makes a big difference in my wrist. I can tell the difference when I use a regular mouse and switching to this one. I'm a computer gamer and this mouse has helped a lot! I would recommend this mouse to anyone with wrist issues.
Solved my wrist pain
April 11, 2014
I was told during an ergonomic evaluation that i should use a vertical mouse because i was making small wrist movements left and right, which was causing pain in my wrists at the end of the workday - sometimes even a couple of hours into the work day. I purchased the wireless version of this mouse first, which would randomly lose its connection to my laptop. I didn't like that very much. So I replaced it with the wired version, and it has worked like a charm. All pain in my wrist has vanished since using this mouse. It's quite easy to use and very comfortable.
September 24, 2013
I received my mouse a week ago. I love my "Penguin"...I would not want to use anything else. It's so easy to use and ohh..everything you need to do is at your finger tips. I don't ever want to go back to using a regular mouse.
Penguin vertical mouse
June 25, 2012
Wow. Cannot find the words to describe how great the penguin is. Helped a lot with the pains I had in my wrist. If you Have pain in your wrist, get the penguin. IT WORKS and is easy to use .