- DesksAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolUPLIFT Desk VideosUPLIFT Desk Photo GalleryCustomer Photo GalleryMost Popular Stand Up DesksQuick Ship Standing DesksUPLIFT Solid Wood Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Stand Up Desk with Reclaimed Wood TopUPLIFT Eco or Laminate Height Adjustable DeskUPLIFT Space Saver Standing DeskUPLIFT Standing DesksUPLIFT Laminate Adjustable Height DesksL-Shaped and Large Corner Standing DesksUPLIFT Treadmill DesksUPLIFT ProUPLIFT Base Only Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesUPLIFT Eco Corner Sit-Stand Desk with L-Shaped TopShop other UPLIFT desks >>
- ChairsMesh ChairsBig and Tall Office ChairsPetite Office ChairsErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsSit Stand SeatingHigh Back ChairsChairs with HeadrestsMid Back ChairsTask ChairsLeather ChairsExecutive ChairsKneeling ChairsIntensive Use ChairsUPLIFT Motion StoolShop all popular chairs >>
- Workstation AccessoriesUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesMonitor ArmsKeyboard TrayCPU Holder and Computer MountErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic MouseStorage and OrganizationErgonomic Foot RestsDesk Corner SleeveAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesSee all UPLIFT accessories >>
- BrandsUPLIFT Standing DesksHumanscaleSteelcaseRaynor EurotechKnollAllseatingBalt ProductsBodybilt ChairsergoCentric ChairsErgotechESI ErgonomicsEvoluentExtech InstrumentsFocal Upright FurnitureGoldtouchHealth ChairHOGGANergoThe Human SolutionInnovative Office ProductsISE ErgonomicsKinesis ErgonomicsMaylineMatias ProductsMark-10NaturalPointNeutral PostureNightingaleNOTRAX Anti-Fatigue Floor MattingOffice StarPosturitePlantronics HeadsetsUPLIFT DeskShop all brands >>
- Ergonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Office Desk, Chair and Keyboard Height CalculatorAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolThe Human Solution Blog -- Tips for a Healthier OfficeErgonomic Chair Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Office ChairMonitor Arm Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Monitor ArmKeyboard Tray Buying Guide: How to Select a Keyboard TrayErgonomic desk, chair and keyboard height calculatorSee more ergonomic tools >>
- MoreChairsDesksTreadmill DesksKeyboard TrayMonitor ArmsErgonomic MouseErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic Foot RestsTask LightWorkstation AccessoriesMac Compatible Ergonomic ProductsPlantronics HeadsetsLaptop ErgonomicsBudget ErgonomicsHumanscale ViewPoint Technology Wall StationsHealthcare Monitor ArmsHealthcare Chairs and StoolsHealthcare Keyboard TraysHealthcare Anti-Fatigue MatsUPLIFT Standing DesksAssessment ToolsIndustrial Equipment ToolAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsHand Trucks and DolliesErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsErgonomic SoftwareMaterial Handling EquipmentDesk Edge ProtectorErgonomic StoolsCasters & WheelsAdjustable TableEntrance and Carpet MatsErgoKitAnthropometric Testing EquipmentForce GaugeHand DynamometerPinch DynamometerSensory Evaluation ToolThermo-hygrometerSound Level MeterLight MeterGoniometer and InclinometerEMGStopwatchTorque Testers and Torque GaugesScaleErgonomic SoftwarePocket Ergo®Ergonomic Consulting & Assessment ServicesVibration Meters
Humanscale Freedom Saddle Seat
The Humanscale Saddle Chair is extremely comfortable and versatile. Humanscale Saddle Seats feature a triangular cushion that encourages users to sit in a "saddle" posture. This posture lowers the thighs, rotates the pelvis forward and puts the spine into its natural lordotic curve. The "saddle" posture also reduces pressure points for longer-term comfort and allows users to get closer to their work. It is ideal for short duration computer work, clinical applications or as a side-seating option. The Humanscale Freedom Pony Saddle Seat is a petite version of this stool, with a seat diameter that is reduced by six inches. The Humanscale Freedom Saddle Seat is manufactured in the USA.
Want a better price on this item? Contact us for a quote.
|Choose Options Below||click on for more info|
Receive a free gift as appreciation for being a valued Human Solution customer! Choose one of the following options:
- A FREE UPLIFT Notebook and Tablet Stand - View your tablet or laptop in a more comfortable ergonomic position with this lightweight, adjustable stand, which can also be used as a document holder.
- A FREE Goldtouch Adjustable Keyboard - GTN-0033 - This keyboard's split design promotes a more natural and ergonomic typing position.
- A FREE UPLIFT CPU Holder - Clear up desktop space and keep your computer tower off the floor by mounting it to the underneath of your desktop. This accessory is great for height-adjustable desk users.
- A FREE UPLIFT Single Monitor Arm - Mount a monitor weighing between 4.5 lbs - 17.5 lbs, and adjust the height, depth or lateral position with easy fingertip adjustment.
Trim color denotes the plastic seat housing and adjustment levers. Select a Graphite, Titanium or Polished Aluminum frame. Trim color must be selected when choosing a Polished Aluminum frame.
The Humanscale Saddle Seat is available in a number of seat height configurations. Images and a height table are included below to make your decision easier.
|Standard||17.5 - 22.75 inch seat height|
|Low||15.25 - 19 inch seat height|
|High||20.5 - 28.5 inch seat height|
|Extra high||23 - 33 inch seat height|
The Freedom Saddle seat is available with number of caster options:
- Standard hard carpet casters
- Soft double wheels for hard floors
- Non-rolling glides for fixed location use
- Locking Casters- required casters on extra high chair
Note: The Extra High seat height requires the use of either non-rolling glides or locking casters.
Fabric - Grade 1
This four-way stretch textile with a three-dimensional wave pattern offers a range of brilliant colors taken from nature. It exceeds all standards for contract upholstery.
Constructed from a blend of nylon, Cordura and elastic yarn, this four-way stretch textile offers a pleasing texture, while providing the extreme durability required for long-term use.
This four-way stretch textile is water repellant and easy to clean, making it an ideal textile for healthcare and hospitality environments. Its polyurethane finish with nylon backing boasts a soft texture while offering exceptional durability. It exceeds all standards for contract upholstery and healthcare tests.
Fabric - Grade 3
Sensuede was developed to be the best and most luxurious engineered suede available. The fauxsuede's soft touch comes from the use of breathable and wrinkle resistant recycled microfibers that are finer than a human hair but are extra-strong, resulting in a very resilient fabric. This material also was selected because of its environmentally sensitive content and manufacturing process.
Leather - Grade 0
VicenzaA lightly corrected, aniline dyed leather produced from European hides. It receives a special retannage that enriches the leather and tightens the grain.
Leather - Grade 1
Bizon is a durable, water-resistant leather suitable for a wide range of applications. The combination of a special retannage and technically-advanced finishing process results in a leather that is not only water-resistant but also practical for applications that require a durable finish.
Leather - Grade 3
Cervo is chromium tanned and aniline dyed. The unique tannage approximates the rich luxurious suppleness of deer skin. The clarity and depth of the aniline dyes provide a distinct beauty enhancing all the natural characteristics. Cervo is thicker than the other naked leathers in our collection. Specialized milling adds additional character providing a soft pebble grain texture unmatched by any other leather in its class.
The Humanscale Freedom Saddle Seat fits a wide range of applications. The seat contour lowers the thighs, opens up the hips and puts the spine into a healthy lordotic curve. This posture is ideal for lab or workshop settings as well as any collaborative workspaces where mobility is key. The increased contact area of this seat design also provides maximum pressure distribution to help prevent irritation points or fatigue from sitting.
The standard seat height range is designed to accommodate a wide range of users from the 5' female to the 6'4" male. High and Extra High cylinders are also available for special applications.
|Optional foot ring diameter||select 18" or 22"|
|Foot ring height adjustment (from floor)||6" to 11"|
|Saddle seat weight limit||300 lbs|
|Warranty||15 years, 24/7 shift use|
I've tried them all...this one is a winner!
December 30, 2013
Over 10 years I have had every kind of chair for my computer desk job ranging from $1000 chairs to ones that claim to be ergonomic at lower prices. I have been dis-satisfied until now. This saddle stool allows the firmness needed to sit upright without a back support all day long. I would recommend it to anyone!
Human Scale Freedom Saddle Seat
October 15, 2013
For Musicians, it is the best I have found. Great in the Studio for playing (lower positions) or singing (up high). Great seat.
great seat - questionable footrest
September 30, 2013
Love the seat - no complaints. Would definitely NEVER get another footrest because while it is very sturdy, it is attached to the chair WITH PLASTIC!!! Time will tell whether it will hold or not, but I am skeptical. I need to step on the footrest to get up on the chair. Also I probably would not get a chair with wheels for use on a hard floor, because I tend to roll too much, making the chair more hazardous than it should be. I am worried that the kids (or ME!) will hurt themselves if the chair rolls from under while getting on.
Jason W Theis
Humanscale's saddle seat is the best!
February 15, 2012
I have owned my saddle seat (extra high, 22" foot ring, hard casters, wave fabric) for over five years now, and it is fantastic! I use it at a standing workstation for those times when I am stationary for long periods. It has held up impressively well over the years, with only very slight wear visible on the wave fabric at the ends of the saddle "horns." My only complaint about this item is the inability for the foot ring to hold position. It appears, based on photos, that Humanscale has redesigned the foot ring to be, perhaps, more robust on new models. I'm considering just welding my ring in place so I don't have to deal with re-positioning it every day. Aside from that, the chair is comfortable for sitting reasonable periods, simple to mount/dismount, stable, and moves effortlessly out of the way (tucking discreetly under the desk surface).
love my chair
April 6, 2010
I purchased my saddle seat for my loom but it is so absolutely comfortable that I have removed my desk chair and now I roll the saddle seat between my desk and my loom. It is comfortable and my back feels great--I can sit much longer periods of time.