- DesksAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolUPLIFT Desk VideosUPLIFT Desk Photo GalleryCustomer Photo GalleryMost Popular Stand Up DesksQuick Ship Standing DesksUPLIFT Solid Wood Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Stand Up Desk with Reclaimed Wood TopUPLIFT Eco or Laminate Height Adjustable DeskUPLIFT Space Saver Standing DeskUPLIFT Standing DesksUPLIFT Laminate Adjustable Height DesksL-Shaped and Large Corner Standing DesksUPLIFT Treadmill DesksUPLIFT ProUPLIFT Base Only Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesUPLIFT Eco Corner Sit-Stand Desk with L-Shaped TopShop other UPLIFT desks >>
- ChairsMesh ChairsBig and Tall Office ChairsPetite Office ChairsErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsSit Stand SeatingHigh Back ChairsChairs with HeadrestsMid Back ChairsTask ChairsLeather ChairsExecutive ChairsKneeling ChairsIntensive Use ChairsUPLIFT Motion StoolShop all popular chairs >>
- Workstation AccessoriesUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesMonitor ArmsKeyboard TrayCPU Holder and Computer MountErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic MouseStorage and OrganizationErgonomic Foot RestsDesk Corner SleeveAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesSee all UPLIFT accessories >>
- BrandsUPLIFT Standing DesksHumanscaleSteelcaseRaynor EurotechKnollAllseatingBalt ProductsBodybilt ChairsergoCentric ChairsErgotechESI ErgonomicsEvoluentExtech InstrumentsFocal Upright FurnitureGoldtouchHealth ChairHOGGANergoThe Human SolutionInnovative Office ProductsISE ErgonomicsKinesis ErgonomicsMaylineMatias ProductsMark-10NaturalPointNeutral PostureNightingaleNOTRAX Anti-Fatigue Floor MattingOffice StarPosturitePlantronics HeadsetsUPLIFT DeskShop all brands >>
- Ergonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Office Desk, Chair and Keyboard Height CalculatorAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolThe Human Solution Blog -- Tips for a Healthier OfficeErgonomic Chair Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Office ChairMonitor Arm Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Monitor ArmKeyboard Tray Buying Guide: How to Select a Keyboard TrayErgonomic desk, chair and keyboard height calculatorSee more ergonomic tools >>
- MoreChairsDesksTreadmill DesksKeyboard TrayMonitor ArmsErgonomic MouseErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic Foot RestsTask LightWorkstation AccessoriesMac Compatible Ergonomic ProductsPlantronics HeadsetsLaptop ErgonomicsBudget ErgonomicsHumanscale ViewPoint Technology Wall StationsHealthcare Monitor ArmsHealthcare Chairs and StoolsHealthcare Keyboard TraysHealthcare Anti-Fatigue MatsUPLIFT Standing DesksAssessment ToolsIndustrial Equipment ToolAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsHand Trucks and DolliesErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsErgonomic SoftwareMaterial Handling EquipmentDesk Edge ProtectorErgonomic StoolsCasters & WheelsAdjustable TableEntrance and Carpet MatsErgoKitAnthropometric Testing EquipmentForce GaugeHand DynamometerPinch DynamometerSensory Evaluation ToolThermo-hygrometerSound Level MeterLight MeterGoniometer and InclinometerEMGStopwatchTorque Testers and Torque GaugesScaleErgonomic SoftwarePocket Ergo®Ergonomic Consulting & Assessment ServicesVibration Meters
Steelcase Think Chair with 3D Knit Back
The Steelcase Think Chair with 3D Knit Back provides all-day ergonomic comfort and support with a sleek, modern design and a breathable mesh back. Crafted to fit a wide range of users looking for an easy-to-use and adaptive ergonomic chair, the Steelcase Think moves and flexes with the user, promoting healthy postures and keeping the user's lower back, spine and shoulders fully supported. The chair's unique 3D mesh knit back is flexible and breathable, keeping the chair lightweight and easy to move in. The Steelcase Think Chair with 3D Knit Back is a progressive blend of state of the art ergonomics and modern style. Like all Steelcase Think chairs, this chair ships fully assembled and is backed by a full manufacturer warranty.
View our Steelcase Think Chair listing for a Think Chair in all fabric or all leather.
Want a better price on this item? Contact us for a quote.
|Choose Options Below||click on for more info|
Receive a free gift as appreciation for being a valued Human Solution customer! Choose one of the following options:
- A FREE UPLIFT Notebook and Tablet Stand - View your tablet or laptop in a more comfortable ergonomic position with this lightweight, adjustable stand, which can also be used as a document holder.
- A FREE Goldtouch Adjustable Keyboard - GTN-0033 - This keyboard's split design promotes a more natural and ergonomic typing position.
- A FREE UPLIFT CPU Holder - Clear up desktop space and keep your computer tower off the floor by mounting it to the underneath of your desktop. This accessory is great for height-adjustable desk users.
- A FREE UPLIFT Single Monitor Arm - Mount a monitor weighing between 4.5 lbs - 17.5 lbs, and adjust the height, depth or lateral position with easy fingertip adjustment.
- A FREE $100 gift certificate toward an UPLIFT Desk - There's no better time to make the switch to a height-adjustable desk! Gift certificate is good toward full two and three-leg UPLIFT Desks; excludes scratch and dent models.
The Steelcase Think chair is available in your choice of Black, Platinum, or Seagull frame, with or without a polished aluminum base.
Black and Platinum frame chairs come standard with a matching base. Choose to upgrade your Think Chair to a Polished Aluminum frame for a brilliant, luxurious finish.
Unlike some mesh chairs, 3D Knit mesh is soft to the touch and will not abrade your clothing.
The Think chair is available in a variety of different fabrics, all of which enhance the chair's contemporary style. Buzz2 offers a colorful array of durable fabrics with a subtle texture. Cogent: Connect is a softer textile in saturated colors that match perfectly with the 3D Knit back. Chainmail offers a highly textured finish with vibrant colors. Leather upholstery is also available, providing a thick, grainy hide in a number of traditional colors.
The Steelcase Think Chair is available with a low (seat height: 15'' - 19''), standard (seat height: 16'' - 21'') or tall (seat height: 18'' - 25'') cylinder.
Choose between standard hard carpet casters or soft casters. Soft casters are designed to prevent damage to hardwood floors and to roll more slowly so that your chair doesn't slip out from under you when you stand up.
Select from 4-way adjustable arms, height-adjustable arms, fixed arms, or no arms for your Think chair.
Note: We highly recommend the 4-way adjustable arms above all other options available for the Think. They adjust up and down, as well as slide left, right, forwards and backwards, with a 30° pivot in each direction.
A headrest option is available for any Steelcase Think chair with a black frame and base. The headrest is available in black vinyl and provides additional head and neck support to the user.
Free Ergonomic Webinar
This desk purchase includes a free half-hour Online Ergonomic Training Webinar with an ergonomic pro. This webinar will help you learn how best to use ergonomic tools and make the right choices for your workstation. Anyone interested in building an ideal workspace for their own unique needs should take advantage of this offer. The webinar will cover valuable ergonomic essentials such as:
- Understanding the biomechanics of sitting
- Setting up a workstation to maximize efficiency
- Adjusting a chair and desk to promote neutral posture
- Learning exercises to reduce stress and fatigue
The Steelcase Think Chair with 3D Knit Back offers a flexible, supportive and intuitive seat and a mesh back that features Steelcase's LiveBack technology. The Think Chair is built around a dual-energy lumbar support and a series of linked flexors that move with your body to provide excellent support for nearly all body types. A soft 3D knit mesh back, highly mobile arms, and a unique seat cushion that features cored foam pockets all help to add comfort and breathability. The Steelcase Think Chair with 3D Knit Back is an innovative chair that does all the thinking for you, keeping your body well-supported throughout the day with minimal effort.
Features - Steelcase Think Chair with 3D Knit Back
- Linked flexors in the seat and back create a dynamic support that adjusts itself to your body for a custom fit
- Cored seat foam pockets use adaptive bolstering technology, allowing for varied amounts of seat compression to create a custom "comfort pocket"
- Synchro-tilt mechanism features an advanced weight-activated mechanism with adjustable tension controls for an optimal recline angle
- Flexible front seat edge minimizes pressure and allows for better blood flow
- Adjustable dual-energy lumbar support can be moved up and down for extra lower back support
- Dynamic arm rests allow for movement vertically, laterally, forward and back as well as inward pivoting for individualized forearm support
Steelcase Think Chair with 3D Knit Back Specifications
|Chair Dimensions||37.25'' - 42'' H x 28.5'' W x 22" - 24.25" D|
|Seat height||16.5'' - 21.5'' H|
|Seat depth||15.5'' - 18'' D|
|Seat width||20.25'' W|
|Lumbar height from seat||6'' - 10.25'' H|
|Arm height from seat||7'' - 11'' W|
|Arm width||14" - 21.25"|
|Weight capacity||400 lbs.|
Design Story - Steelcase Think Chair
Learn more about the design philosophies and processes that went into the development of the redesigned Steelcase Think Chair.
Adjustability - Steelcase Think Chair
Check out this video to see the Steelcase Think Chair in motion, and find out how it can be quickly adjusted to give you comfortable, intuitive support.
Professor Ergo's Thoughts:
The Steelcase Think Chair is unique to the mesh back chair market with its intuitive and flexible back support system, dual-energy lumbar support, open and active mechanism, and arms that are extremely adjustable. This chair will also fit a wider range of bodies than most chairs, making it an exceptional choice in a corporate setting.
Overall very nice
February 12, 2013
I like this chair a lot, but I have two issues with it. First, the lumbar support doesn't stay in place. It's basically just a cheap piece of plastic that slides up and down and I find it slips down after a few hours of sitting. Second, the seat is suspended on a set of wires. You sit on a pad that's on top of those wires. Maybe it's the way I sit or the shape of me, but I find that after a long period of sitting I can feel the pressure of one or two of those wires quite distinctly. Finally, the tension on the seat back isn't adjustable in the way I'd like. It's very light, and although you can set locking positions to prevent it from going back to far, I would find a bit more tension with a full range of motion to be better.
bp chair buyer
May 3, 2012
there has been what looks to be bleach stains or colour fading on the backs of a few of the chairs we have does anyone know how this might have happened or how to fix it without replacement???????
July 25, 2011
I really like this chair because the back is so flexible and the arms are adjustable in height, width apart, and angle. I personally like it better than the Aeron.
Could not be happier with this purchase
July 3, 2011
I am 5' tall and have never before had a chair that adjusted to my dimensions. I am thrilled with the chair and with the advice I received "i chatting" with your customer service rep.
Good chair for the money
February 20, 2011
Now that I've had this chair for a while I think I can say I'm very impressed with it. When I'm at home I'm almost ALWAYS sitting at my desk, and unlike cheap chairs from big office stores, this chair has never made my butt, back or arms hurt. I'm glad I got the lumbar support because without it I don't know if there would be enough support to keep me from slouching. The first 2 tension settings always provide enough support, but I'm pretty thin. One thing I was worried about when ordering was whether the arm rests would be soft enough since other chairs tend to hurt my bony elbows, but the rubber is plenty soft. The only complaint I have is that after a few months of heavy sitting the seat lost some of it's spring and cushion, but it's still very comfortable. This chair is about as cheap as you'll find for real ergonomic chairs, but the build quality has been great so far and it meets all my requirements for comfort without paying for even more expensive chairs. I'm 6'3" and about 150lbs, and always had problems with cheap office store chairs, so if you're like me this chair is definitely worth the investment.