- DesksAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolUPLIFT Desk VideosUPLIFT Desk Photo GalleryCustomer Photo GalleryMost Popular Stand Up DesksQuick Ship Standing DesksUPLIFT Solid Wood Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Stand Up Desk with Reclaimed Wood TopUPLIFT Eco or Laminate Height Adjustable DeskUPLIFT Space Saver Standing DeskUPLIFT Standing DesksUPLIFT Laminate Adjustable Height DesksL-Shaped and Large Corner Standing DesksUPLIFT Treadmill DesksUPLIFT ProUPLIFT Base Only Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesUPLIFT Eco Corner Sit-Stand Desk with L-Shaped TopShop other UPLIFT desks >>
- ChairsMesh ChairsBig and Tall Office ChairsPetite Office ChairsErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsSit Stand SeatingHigh Back ChairsChairs with HeadrestsMid Back ChairsTask ChairsLeather ChairsExecutive ChairsKneeling ChairsIntensive Use ChairsUPLIFT Motion StoolShop all popular chairs >>
- Workstation AccessoriesUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesMonitor ArmsKeyboard TrayCPU Holder and Computer MountErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic MouseStorage and OrganizationErgonomic Foot RestsDesk Corner SleeveAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesSee all UPLIFT accessories >>
- BrandsUPLIFT Standing DesksHumanscaleSteelcaseRaynor EurotechKnollBalt ProductsBodybilt ChairsergoCentric ChairsErgotechESI ErgonomicsEvoluentExtech InstrumentsFocal Upright FurnitureGoldtouchHealth Postures Computer TaskmateHOGGANergoThe Human SolutionInnovative Office ProductsISE ErgonomicsKinesis ErgonomicsMaylineMatias ProductsMark-10Neutral PostureNightingaleNOTRAX Anti-Fatigue Floor MattingOffice StarPosturiteUPLIFT DeskShop all brands >>
- Ergonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Office Desk, Chair and Keyboard Height CalculatorAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolThe Human Solution Blog -- Tips for a Healthier OfficeErgonomic Chair Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Office ChairMonitor Arm Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Monitor ArmKeyboard Tray Buying Guide: How to Select a Keyboard TrayErgonomic desk, chair and keyboard height calculatorSee more ergonomic tools >>
- MoreChairsDesksTreadmill DesksKeyboard TrayMonitor ArmsErgonomic MouseErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic Foot RestsTask LightWorkstation AccessoriesMac Compatible Ergonomic ProductsPlantronics HeadsetsLaptop ErgonomicsBudget ErgonomicsHumanscale ViewPoint Technology Wall StationsHealthcare Monitor ArmsHealthcare Chairs and StoolsHealthcare Keyboard TraysHealthcare Anti-Fatigue MatsUPLIFT Standing DesksAssessment ToolsIndustrial Equipment ToolAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsHand Trucks and DolliesErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsErgonomic SoftwareMaterial Handling EquipmentDesk Edge ProtectorErgonomic StoolsAdjustable TableEntrance and Carpet MatsErgoKitAnthropometric Testing EquipmentForce GaugeHand DynamometerPinch DynamometerSensory Evaluation ToolThermo-hygrometerSound Level MeterLight MeterGoniometer and InclinometerEMGStopwatchTorque Testers and Torque GaugesScaleErgonomic SoftwarePocket ErgoErgonomic Consulting & Assessment ServicesVibration Meters
Humanscale Freedom Drafting Chair
The Humanscale Freedom Drafting Chair offers the extreme comfort and style of the Humanscale Freedom Chair in a taller height range. Humanscale Freedom Drafting Chairs feature an intelligent, counter-balance reclining system that eliminates the need for knobs and levers while providing exactly the right amount of support and freedom of movement. Humanscale chairs are Manufactured in the USA.
Want a better price on this item? Contact us for a quote.
|Choose Options Below||click on for more info|
Receive a free gift as appreciation for being a valued Human Solution customer! Choose one of the following options:
- A FREE UPLIFT Notebook and Tablet Stand - View your tablet or laptop in a more comfortable ergonomic position with this lightweight, adjustable stand, which can also be used as a document holder.
- A FREE Goldtouch Adjustable Keyboard - GTN-0033 - This keyboard's split design promotes a more natural and ergonomic typing position.
- A FREE UPLIFT CPU Holder - Clear up desktop space and keep your computer tower off the floor by mounting it to the underneath of your desktop. This accessory is great for height-adjustable desk users.
- A FREE UPLIFT Single Monitor Arm - Mount a monitor weighing between 4.5 lbs - 17.5 lbs, and adjust the height, depth or lateral position with easy fingertip adjustment.
- A FREE $100 gift certificate toward an UPLIFT Desk - There's no better time to make the switch to a height-adjustable desk! Gift certificate is good toward full two and three-leg UPLIFT Desks; excludes scratch and dent models. (Please note: There is a limit of one gift certificate or coupon per desk order.)
The Freedom Chair's optional headrest moves dynamically into place when the user reclines and out of the way when the user sits up. This lets it move with the natural arc of the head and neck for perfect support through the full range of recline. It has a 5" range of vertical adjustment. The headrest is contoured to cradle the head and neck comfortably.
Humanscale offers a standard padded foam or gel seat cushion on the Freedom chair. Both seats are very comfortable, but the gel seat upgrade offers better long-term support and relief of pressure points for users that sit in their chair 8 to 10 hours a day.
- Standard foam seat is contoured to fit your body and reduce pressure points, and is both comfortable and supportive
- Technogel seat cushion is a non-degradable, non-compressible Technogel layer on top of a foam core that provides maximum pressure distribution and offers unmatched, long-term comfort
- Technogel seat is available only with the Wave, Lotus and Vellum fabrics and is not available with leather or Sensuede
Our recommendation: Technogel has a firmer "sit" than the standard foam that softens up somewhat after a few minutes and will offer better back support if you are seated for long periods of time. Users who are up and down more may prefer the foam.
The Freedom Drafting Chair's cylinder has an 8" travel range from 20.5" - 28.5" seat cushion height. Its foot ring may be selected in one of two sizes.
- F: 18" diameter foot ring
- R: 21" diameter foot ring
Four caster/glide options are available.
- Hard casters: for use on soft floors
- Soft casters: for wood, tile and other hard floors
- Glides: for non-rolling chairs
The Freedom arms are available in two different styles: standard and advanced. The standard arms quickly move up and down; the advanced arms are height adjustable and offer inward pivot with slightly longer armrests.
- Armrests move in tandem to eliminate the dangers of uneven arm positioning
- Natural lift and release action allows immediate repositioning without the use of buttons or locks
- The armrests provide a 6" range of vertical motion to accommodate all users and tasks, and they can be positioned below thigh-level for close table or desk work
- Unlike most office chairs, the armrests are attached to the backrest, not the seat, so they stay in the same relation to your body when you recline
- Offer all the same features of the standard armrests
- Arms slide left and right for intuitive width adjustment
- Come 1 1/4" longer than standard armrests for additional support
Our recommendation: Many users prefer the added adjustability of the advanced armrests for additional forearm support.
Once you pick the type of arms to best suit your needs, choose your arm padding, Duron or Technogel. Add a surface material to complement your Freedom color options.
- Duron is a durable polyurethane arm with a Technogel core for added comfort, and it comes standard on both arm styles
- Technogel is softer and extremely comfortable, and the standard upholstery on the gel arms is black, Xanium synthetic leather
- Either arm padding can be upholstered to match your chair
This option places a Cal 133 approved fireproof barrier between the upholstery and cushioning. It also ensures that plastic components are fire retardent.
The Freedom Drafting Chair is available with three frame colors: graphite and titanium frames are standard colors, and the polished aluminum frame is an upgrade available with either titanium or graphite shells on the cushions and arms.
This is what a blue Freedom Chair looks like with each of the three frame choices:
The Freedom Chair comes standard with a highly durable composite base with graphite or titanium finish, or upgrade to a polished aluminum base finish.
Fabric - Grade 1
This four-way stretch textile with a three-dimensional wave pattern offers a range of brilliant colors taken from nature. It exceeds all standards for contract upholstery.
Constructed from a blend of nylon, Cordura and elastic yarn, this four-way stretch textile offers a pleasing texture, while providing the extreme durability required for long-term use.
This four-way stretch textile is water repellant and easy to clean, making it an ideal textile for healthcare and hospitality environments. Its polyurethane finish with nylon backing boasts a soft texture while offering exceptional durability. It exceeds all standards for contract upholstery and healthcare tests.
Fabric - Grade 3
Sensuede was developed to be the best and most luxurious engineered suede available. The fauxsuede's soft touch comes from the use of breathable and wrinkle resistant recycled microfibers that are finer than a human hair but are extra-strong, resulting in a very resilient fabric. This material also was selected because of its environmentally sensitive content and manufacturing process.
Leather - Grade 0
VicenzaA lightly corrected, aniline dyed leather produced from European hides. It receives a special retannage that enriches the leather and tightens the grain.
Leather - Grade 1
Bizon is a durable, water-resistant leather suitable for a wide range of applications. The combination of a special retannage and technically-advanced finishing process results in a leather that is not only water-resistant but also practical for applications that require a durable finish.
Leather - Grade 3
Cervo is chromium tanned and aniline dyed. The unique tannage approximates the rich luxurious suppleness of deer skin. The clarity and depth of the aniline dyes provide a distinct beauty enhancing all the natural characteristics. Cervo is thicker than the other naked leathers in our collection. Specialized milling adds additional character providing a soft pebble grain texture unmatched by any other leather in its class.
Choose from a variety of different color box stitchings for your chair. This option is only available for leather upholstery.
Free Live Ergonomic Training Webinar
This purchase includes a free half-hour Online Ergonomic Training Webinar with an ergonomic pro. This webinar will help you learn how best to use ergonomic tools and make the right choices for your workstation. Anyone interested in building an ideal workspace for their own unique needs should take advantage of this offer. The webinar will cover valuable ergonomic essentials such as:
- Understanding the biomechanics of sitting
- Setting up a workstation to maximize efficiency
- Adjusting a chair and desk to promote neutral posture
- Learning exercises to reduce stress and fatigue
The The Humanscale Freedom Drafting Chair boasts the same features as the popular Freedom Task Chair: It comes with a self adjusting design technology that moves with your weight, a dual pivot backrest that adjusts to your spine, optional armrests and contoured cushions, but with a tall cylinder and foot ring, making this a top of the line drafting chair. The Humanscale Freedom Drafting Chair can be easily customized so you can create the perfect chair.
Features - Humanscale Freedom Drafting Chair
- Intelligent, counter-balance reclining mechanism that provides the right amount of support throughout the full range of motion, regardless of your size or weight
- Dual Pivot Backrest provides extra motion during recline to automatically adjust to the changing needs of your spine
- Extra motion provided by the backrest during recline automatically adjusts to the changing needs of your spine
- Revolutionary armrests move in tandem to eliminate the dangers of uneven arm positioning
- Cushions are modular, so changing them is easy- this way your chair never goes out of style, and you can replace worn cushions so the chair can last a lifetime
- 8" tall chair cylinder with 18" or 21" footring
Humanscale Freedom Drafting Chair Specifications
|Chair height||43" - 53" H|
|Seat height||20.5" - 28.25" H|
|Back height||18" - 21" H|
|Seat width||20" W|
|Headrest adjustment range||5"|
|Weight capacity||300 lbs|
Humanscale Freedom Drafting Chair Specifications: