- DesksAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolUPLIFT Desk VideosUPLIFT Desk Photo GalleryCustomer Photo GalleryMost Popular Stand Up DesksQuick Ship Standing DesksUPLIFT Solid Wood Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Stand Up Desk with Reclaimed Wood TopUPLIFT Eco or Laminate Height Adjustable DeskUPLIFT Space Saver Standing DeskUPLIFT Standing DesksUPLIFT Laminate Adjustable Height DesksL-Shaped and Large Corner Standing DesksUPLIFT Treadmill DesksUPLIFT ProUPLIFT Base Only Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesUPLIFT Eco Corner Sit-Stand Desk with L-Shaped TopShop other UPLIFT desks >>
- ChairsMesh ChairsBig and Tall Office ChairsPetite Office ChairsErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsSit Stand SeatingHigh Back ChairsChairs with HeadrestsMid Back ChairsTask ChairsLeather ChairsExecutive ChairsKneeling ChairsIntensive Use ChairsUPLIFT Motion StoolShop all popular chairs >>
- Workstation AccessoriesUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesMonitor ArmsKeyboard TrayCPU Holder and Computer MountErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic MouseStorage and OrganizationErgonomic Foot RestsDesk Corner SleeveAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesSee all UPLIFT accessories >>
- BrandsUPLIFT Standing DesksHumanscaleSteelcaseRaynor EurotechKnollBalt ProductsBodybilt ChairsergoCentric ChairsErgotechESI ErgonomicsEvoluentExtech InstrumentsFocal Upright FurnitureGoldtouchHealth Postures Computer TaskmateHOGGANergoThe Human SolutionInnovative Office ProductsISE ErgonomicsKinesis ErgonomicsMaylineMatias ProductsMark-10Neutral PostureNightingaleNOTRAX Anti-Fatigue Floor MattingOffice StarPosturiteUPLIFT DeskShop all brands >>
- Ergonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Office Desk, Chair and Keyboard Height CalculatorAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolThe Human Solution Blog -- Tips for a Healthier OfficeErgonomic Chair Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Office ChairMonitor Arm Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Monitor ArmKeyboard Tray Buying Guide: How to Select a Keyboard TrayErgonomic desk, chair and keyboard height calculatorSee more ergonomic tools >>
- MoreChairsDesksTreadmill DesksKeyboard TrayMonitor ArmsErgonomic MouseErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic Foot RestsTask LightWorkstation AccessoriesMac Compatible Ergonomic ProductsPlantronics HeadsetsLaptop ErgonomicsBudget ErgonomicsHumanscale ViewPoint Technology Wall StationsHealthcare Monitor ArmsHealthcare Chairs and StoolsHealthcare Keyboard TraysHealthcare Anti-Fatigue MatsUPLIFT Standing DesksAssessment ToolsIndustrial Equipment ToolAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsHand Trucks and DolliesErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsErgonomic SoftwareMaterial Handling EquipmentDesk Edge ProtectorErgonomic StoolsAdjustable TableEntrance and Carpet MatsErgoKitAnthropometric Testing EquipmentForce GaugeHand DynamometerPinch DynamometerSensory Evaluation ToolThermo-hygrometerSound Level MeterLight MeterGoniometer and InclinometerEMGStopwatchTorque Testers and Torque GaugesScaleErgonomic SoftwarePocket ErgoErgonomic Consulting & Assessment ServicesVibration Meters
Seating Inc. Monterey 400 24/7 Big and Tall Task Chair
The Seating Inc. Monterey 400 Task Chair combines elegant styling, heavy duty construction and energy-absorbing foam cushions in this extremely comfortable chair. This ergonomic chair will accommodate users up to 400 pounds and/or intensive 24-hour, multi-shift use. A tall edition of the Seating Inc. Monterey 400 Task Chair is available for taller users as well.Read More...
|Choose Options Below||click on for more info|
The mechanism determines how your chair moves and the adjustment capabilities of the chair. For maximum adjustability, we recommend the multi-function tilt.
Heavy Duty Synchro-Tilt Mechanism
This mechanism offers knee-tilt that rocks from just under your knees and offers a more executive feel to the tilt. Back and seat tilt in a 2:1 ratio. This means that for every 2 degrees your chair tilts backwards, your seat front rises 1 degree. This mechanism does not include a forward tilt lockout.
Heavy Duty Multi-Function Mechanism
This mechanism offers a center-tilt that rocks from the center of the seat for a more traditional feel. Back angle can be adjusted independent of seat angle. Seat and back tilt in unison. This mechanism includes a forward tilt lockout.
The back of the Seating, Inc. Monterey 400 features two inches of 6.2 lbs. energy absorbing, TLC memory foam.
- Choose from the 19" mid-back or the 22" high-back model
- Three-panel design features decorative stitching with beading
- Headrest is only available on high-back
- Each back is fully upholstered and filled with soft density foam
The optional Schukra lumbar support is vastly different from most chair lumbar supports. It gives each vertebral disk in the lumbar region support and relief and relaxes the back muscles. The hand wheel allows for infinite personalization of support.
Adding a seat slider gives the user 2.5" of lever-activated seat depth adjustment. Choosing a seat slider allows the ability to move the seat 1.25" forward or back.
The seat is padded with 3" TLC energy absorbing foam for added comfort and durability.
- Standard seat width is 21.5" wide
- Extra wide 24" seat is available
- TE tall edition includes an extra deep (22"W x 22"D) seat, a taller back (21"W x 27"H) and a taller cylinder to accommodate a higher seated height range
Add a headrest to your high-back Monterey chair. Choose from a fixed headrest or a fully articulating, height and depth adjustable headrest. The adjustable headrest offers a vertical adjustment range of 2.375" and a horizontal range of 2"
Choose no arms for your Monterey 350, or from four different arm styles, with or without width adjustment brackets.
Height adjustable arms [TC]:
- Basic height adjustable arms
- Urethane arm pads
- Width adjustment bracket optional
Height adjustable arms with extendable slide and gel armpads [TE]:
- Height adjustable offer 2 inches of horizontal slide
- Gel padding in arm pads provide extra comfort and durability
- Dimensions: 9.5" H x 10" L x 5" W
- Width adjustment bracket optional
Four-way adjustable arms [TF]:
- Height and width adjustable arms
- Slide forward and back
- Urethane pads rotate 360 degrees to provide additional ergonomic support for keyboard use
- Arms provide an additional 1.625" width adjustment
- Gel pads are optional
- Dimensions: 9.5" H x 10.5" L x 4.25" W
Swing away arms [TS]:
- Height adjustable arms provide range of 2.25"
- Urethane arm pads
- Dial-activated movement is very user-friendly
- Arms swing back out of the way
- Gel pads are optional
- Dimensions: 9.5" H x 9.5" L x 2.75" W
The Monterey 400 comes standard with dual wheel hooded carpet casters. Soft twin wheels for hard floors are optional.
Icon fabrics are Grade 1 textiles and are constructed with 100% polyolefin. They have an abrasion resistance rating of over 750,000 double rubs.
Leather/Vinyl is constructed with 100% analine through dyed leather and 100% expandable vinyl.
The Seating Inc. Monterey 400 task chair offers the elegance of an executive chair, including decorative top stitching and a fully-upholstered back, along with the durability necessary for heavier users and around-the-clock use. The thickly-padded, energy absorbing foam seat reduces pressure on your hips and back, making it an exceptional choice for users who sit for long hours.
Seating Inc. Monterey 400 Heavy Duty Task Chair Features
- Ratchet height-adjustable back
- Infinite locking tilt control with tilt tension control
- Optional Seat slider - Highly recommended
- Optional Schukra adjustable lumbar support- Highly recommended
- Optional tall edition features an extra deep 22" seat, 27" high chair back and a taller cylinder for a greater height range
- Sturdy five-star composite base
Seating Inc. Monterey 400 Task Chair Specifications
|Overall Dimensions||Mid-back: 24" W x 25" D;
High-back: 25" D x 34-37" H
|Back||Mid-back: 19" W x 19" H;
High-back: 20" W x 22" H
|Seat||21.5" W x 20" D x 16.5-21" H (optional wide seat is 24" W)|
|Weight capacity||400 lbs|
|Warranty||15-year, multi-user, multi-shift|
Worth the Price and the Wait
July 12, 2013
I am 6'7" (44" legs) and 275lbs with athletic build. Even when i worked in an office my back and hips hurt after spending all day in the company provided chair, so when I began working from home i knew i had to get good chair. I ordered the tall edition, with high back, seat slider and lumbar support. The chair is PERFECT--fits like a glove! I could fall asleep in it. My consultant, Angela, was great as well. She very partiently walked me through all the options and their pros and cons, during the ordering process and she has been quite helpful with some post sale follow-up questions. For a big/tall person, I heartily endorse this chair, The Human Solution, and my Consultant
January 24, 2013
Chair is excellent. Seat is great. I selected the tall version for the extra deep seat. The depth is great. The only issue is that the extension bar is too long. I am 6'5" with 36" legs, and the chair on the lowest setting is about perfect. If I raise the chair at all, my legs are swinging. I had to raise my office furniture up 4" to get my legs under my desks. Was nice to find tall furniture that is really tall.
Monterey 350 Tall Edition
November 18, 2009
This is a great chair at a really great price. I am 6'3" with really long legs and this chair really fits me. I went for the Q36, lumber support, and the tall edition. For the same features in another chair I would have spent much more. I've never had a chair that actually fits me and I am glad I spent the money for this chair. In addition the Human Solution has been great to deal with and I highly recommend buying from them.
Go for the Schukra
September 10, 2009
I bought this chair because the salesperson told me that this would be the most comfortable chair I'd ever own. Before this chair, my back and hips almost always hurt. The salesperson was right. My hips don't hurt at all and my back is much better. I'm telling all my friends this chair is a winner.