Humanscale Freedom Chair - Standard Configurations
| Shop All Humanscale Products| Click Here to Learn How to Use This Desk Builder
Choose Your Video
Humanscale's Freedom Task Chair03:04
Selected But Not Shown
Give your office an ergonomic chair upgrade without having to select its individual components with the Humanscale Freedom Chair.
This is the optimally ergonomic Humanscale Freedom Chair and it comes with a standard configuration to get you to that sitting sweet spot quicker, featuring standard duron arms, graphite frame color, standard foam seat, standard 5" cylinder, and standard carpet casters to get you ideally positioned at work.
The Humanscale Freedom Chair delivers freedom from knobs, locks, or levers, giving you intuitive adjustments that require no alterations once the chair is fitted to your body. The most popular options are preselected, giving you a supportive seat with the utmost in lumbar and neck support.
- Standard duron arms that are height-adjustable, and the pads are made with a polyurethane arm with Technogel core
- Graphite frame comes in darker charcoal color that is popular for most office styles
- Standard 5" cylinder, providing 16" to 21.33" of seat height adjustments
- Standard foam seat padding with contoured cushions increase contact area to reduce pressure points
- Standard hard casters for carpets
- Optional contoured headrest adjusts forward for complete neck support
- Dynamic movement provides up to 1" of additional lumbar support when needed
- Extra motion provided by the backrest during recline automatically adjusts to the changing needs of your spine
|Chair height||43" - 53" (with headrest)
33.5" - 44.25" H (no headrest)
|Seat height||16" - 21.3" H|
|Back height||18" - 21" H|
|Seat width||20" W|
|Headrest adjustment range||5"|
|Weight capacity||300 lbs|
Humanscale Freedom Chair Promotional Item
FREE UPLIFT Notebook and Tablet Stand
View your tablet or laptop in a more comfortable ergonomic position with this lightweight, adjustable stand, which can also be used as a document holder.
FREE Goldtouch Adjustable Keyboard GTN-0033
This keyboard's split design promotes a more natural and ergonomic typing position.
FREE UPLIFT CPU Holder
Clear up desktop space and keep your computer tower off the floor by mounting it to the underneath of your desktop. This accessory is great for height-adjustable desk users.
FREE UPLIFT Single Monitor Arm
Mount a monitor weighing between 4.5 lbs - 17.5 lbs, and adjust the height, depth or lateral position with easy fingertip adjustment.
FREE $100 gift certificate toward an UPLIFT Desk
There's no better time to make the switch to a height-adjustable desk! Gift certificate is good toward full two and three-leg UPLIFT Desks; excludes scratch and dent models. (Please note: There is a limit of one gift certificate or coupon per desk order.)
Your chair is available with or without the headrest.
The Freedom arms standard arms quickly move up and down.
- Revolutionary armrests move in tandem to eliminate the dangers of uneven arm positioning
- Natural lift-and-release action allows for immediate repositioning without the need for buttons or locks
- The armrests provide a 6" range of vertical motion to accommodate all users and tasks, and they can be positioned below thigh-level for close table or desk work
- The armrests are attached to the backrest, not the seat like most chairs, so they stay in the same relation to your body when you recline
Vellum - Grade 1
Constructed from a blend of nylon, Cordura and elastic yarn, this four-way stretch textile offers a pleasing texture, while providing the extreme durability required for long-term use.
Corde 4 - Grade 1
Corde is a four-way stretch fabric that works seamlessly on ergonomic chairs. The fabric has a small, modular weave of high-performance nylon and polyurethane.
Ergonomic Training Video
This chair purchase includes a free half-hour Ergonomic Training Video with an ergonomic pro. This video will help you learn how best to use ergonomic tools and make the right choices for your workstation. Anyone interested in building an ideal workspace for their own unique needs should take advantage of this offer. The video will cover valuable ergonomic essentials such as:
- Understanding the biomechanics of sitting
- Setting up a workstation to maximize efficiency
- Adjusting a chair to promote neutral posture
- Learning exercises to reduce stress and fatigue
Worth Every Penny!
Posted by Kevin on Apr 23rd 2010
I shopped for nearly a month before deciding on my new Freedom chair. I looked at a dozen, or so, different models. This chair stands head and shoulders above the "ergo" competition. As a writer, I sit for an average of 8-10 hours a day. Needless to say my back has suffered. To make matters worse, I have a long torso and could never get the kind of lumbar support I needed in lesser models. My lower back pain has completely disappeared in less than 3 weeks of use! This chair has everything one would want in an ergonomic configuration that is easy to use and built to last. Don't waste time with sub-par chairs at your local retailer. The Freedom chair is worth every penny!
Simply the best
Posted by Jeanine on Apr 12th 2010
I have never sat in a more comfortable chair. I work in a control room that has someone sitting in the chairs 24/7 these chairs are the most durable and comfortable I have ever experienced. I am in the process of purchasing one for my home at this time. It helps with all my aches and pains that other chairs cause. This chair needs to go on your must have list!
Ahhhhh - Freedom Chair
Posted by QEDjazz on Feb 13th 2010
So my studio now has the perfect chair in which to pursue my musical endeavors. Sitting in my Freedom Chair with headrest keeps me comfortable yet alert. And it moves with my movements effortlessly. You hardly know you are sitting at all. It is awesome!
Posted by Jonathan on Jul 28th 2009
I had a lot of questions because I wanted to be cautious when purchasing such an expensive chair. Lori at The Human Solution took the time to answer all of my questions and provided good information to help me make my decision.
The chair came in the time frame that they said it would, and I was able to customize it exactly how I wanted.
This product comes standard with a 15-year warranty.
- Return windows close 30 days after you receive your item.
- You are responsible for obtaining a Return Merchandise Authorization, the cost of shipping, and potential restocking fees, if the item has been opened.
- To start a return, or to view the full returns policy, click here.
Are you sure you're finished customizing this product?
In many cases, we can offer bulk quantity discounts for purchases or smaller orders made over an extended period of time. Bulk deals are based on anticipated volume and the products you've selected. We can also provide you with brochures and swatches to assist in your purchasing decisions.
Swatch Request Form
Please allow 1-3 weeks for delivery.