- DesksAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolUPLIFT Desk VideosUPLIFT Desk Photo GalleryCustomer Photo GalleryMost Popular Stand Up DesksQuick Ship Standing DesksUPLIFT Solid Wood Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Stand Up Desk with Reclaimed Wood TopUPLIFT Eco or Laminate Height Adjustable DeskUPLIFT Space Saver Standing DeskUPLIFT Standing DesksUPLIFT Laminate Adjustable Height DesksL-Shaped and Large Corner Standing DesksUPLIFT Treadmill DesksUPLIFT ProUPLIFT Base Only Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesUPLIFT Eco Corner Sit-Stand Desk with L-Shaped TopShop other UPLIFT desks >>
- ChairsMesh ChairsBig and Tall Office ChairsPetite Office ChairsErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsSit Stand SeatingHigh Back ChairsChairs with HeadrestsMid Back ChairsTask ChairsLeather ChairsExecutive ChairsKneeling ChairsIntensive Use ChairsUPLIFT Motion StoolShop all popular chairs >>
- Workstation AccessoriesUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesMonitor ArmsKeyboard TrayCPU Holder and Computer MountErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic MouseStorage and OrganizationErgonomic Foot RestsDesk Corner SleeveAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesSee all UPLIFT accessories >>
- BrandsUPLIFT Standing DesksHumanscaleSteelcaseRaynor EurotechKnollBalt ProductsBodybilt ChairsergoCentric ChairsErgotechESI ErgonomicsEvoluentExtech InstrumentsFocal Upright FurnitureGoldtouchHealth Postures Computer TaskmateHOGGANergoThe Human SolutionInnovative Office ProductsISE ErgonomicsKinesis ErgonomicsMaylineMatias ProductsMark-10Neutral PostureNightingaleNOTRAX Anti-Fatigue Floor MattingOffice StarPosturiteUPLIFT DeskShop all brands >>
- Ergonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Office Desk, Chair and Keyboard Height CalculatorAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolThe Human Solution Blog -- Tips for a Healthier OfficeErgonomic Chair Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Office ChairMonitor Arm Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Monitor ArmKeyboard Tray Buying Guide: How to Select a Keyboard TrayErgonomic desk, chair and keyboard height calculatorSee more ergonomic tools >>
- MoreChairsDesksTreadmill DesksKeyboard TrayMonitor ArmsErgonomic MouseErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic Foot RestsTask LightWorkstation AccessoriesMac Compatible Ergonomic ProductsPlantronics HeadsetsLaptop ErgonomicsBudget ErgonomicsHumanscale ViewPoint Technology Wall StationsHealthcare Monitor ArmsHealthcare Chairs and StoolsHealthcare Keyboard TraysHealthcare Anti-Fatigue MatsUPLIFT Standing DesksAssessment ToolsIndustrial Equipment ToolAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsHand Trucks and DolliesErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsErgonomic SoftwareMaterial Handling EquipmentDesk Edge ProtectorErgonomic StoolsAdjustable TableEntrance and Carpet MatsErgoKitAnthropometric Testing EquipmentForce GaugeHand DynamometerPinch DynamometerSensory Evaluation ToolThermo-hygrometerSound Level MeterLight MeterGoniometer and InclinometerEMGStopwatchTorque Testers and Torque GaugesScaleErgonomic SoftwarePocket ErgoErgonomic Consulting & Assessment ServicesVibration Meters
Steelcase Think Chair
The Steelcase Think Chair pairs modern style with state-of-the-art ergonomic design to provide exceptional comfort. Built to accommodate multiple body types without sacrificing back support, the Think Chair features 15 uniquely-shaped, linked flexors in conjunction with a dual-energy adjustable lumbar support that work together to provide comfortable lumbar, spine, neck and shoulder support across a variety of postures. An intuitive, responsive weight-activated recline mechanism and a seat cushion featuring adaptive bolstering technology add dynamic, all-day support. The Steelcase Think Chair ships fully assembled and is backed by a full manufacturer's warranty.
Looking for the Think Chair with a mesh back? View our Steelcase Think Chair with 3D Knit Back listing.
Want a better price on this item? Contact us for a quote.
|Choose Options Below||click on for more info|
Receive a free gift as appreciation for being a valued Human Solution customer! Choose one of the following options:
- A FREE UPLIFT Notebook and Tablet Stand - View your tablet or laptop in a more comfortable ergonomic position with this lightweight, adjustable stand, which can also be used as a document holder.
- A FREE Goldtouch Adjustable Keyboard - GTN-0033 - This keyboard's split design promotes a more natural and ergonomic typing position.
- A FREE UPLIFT CPU Holder - Clear up desktop space and keep your computer tower off the floor by mounting it to the underneath of your desktop. This accessory is great for height-adjustable desk users.
- A FREE UPLIFT Single Monitor Arm - Mount a monitor weighing between 4.5 lbs - 17.5 lbs, and adjust the height, depth or lateral position with easy fingertip adjustment.
- A FREE $100 gift certificate toward an UPLIFT Desk - There's no better time to make the switch to a height-adjustable desk! Gift certificate is good toward full two and three-leg UPLIFT Desks; excludes scratch and dent models. (Please note: There is a limit of one gift certificate or coupon per desk order.)
The Steelcase Think chair is available in your choice of black, platinum, or seagull frames.
Black and Platinum frame chairs come standard with a matching base. Choose to upgrade your Think Chair to a Polished Aluminum frame for a bright, reflective finish.
The Think chair is available in a variety of different fabrics, all of which look great with the Think's modern style. Buzz2 offers a colorful array of durable fabrics with a subtle texture. Cogent: Connect is a softer textile in saturated colors. Chainmail offers a highly textured finish with vibrant colors. Leather upholstery is also available, providing a thick, grainy hide in a number of traditional colors.
Choose from 4-way adjustable arms, height-adjustable arms, fixed arms or no arms for your Think chair.
Note: We highly recommend the 4-way adjustable arms. They adjust up and down, left and right, forwards and backwards, and angle 30 degrees in each direction. They are easily some of the best arms on the market.
A headrest option is available for any Steelcase Think chair with a black frame and base. The headrest is available in black vinyl and provides additional head and neck support to the user.
The Steelcase Think Chair is available with a low (seat height: 15'' - 19''), standard (seat height: 16'' - 21'') or tall (seat height: 18'' - 25'') cylinder.
Choose between standard hard carpet casters or soft casters. Soft casters are designed to prevent damage to hardwood floors and to roll more slowly so that your chair doesn't slip out from under you when you stand up.
Free Ergonomic Training Video
This desk purchase includes a free half-hour Ergonomic Training Video with an ergonomic pro. This video will help you learn how best to use ergonomic tools and make the right choices for your workstation. Anyone interested in building an ideal workspace for their own unique needs should take advantage of this offer. The video will cover valuable ergonomic essentials such as:
- Understanding the biomechanics of sitting
- Setting up a workstation to maximize efficiency
- Adjusting a chair and desk to promote neutral posture
- Learning exercises to reduce stress and fatigue
The Steelcase Think Chair combines efficient ergonomic adjustments and excellent back support in a sleek, elegant package. Designed to provide consistent upper and lower back support, the Think's integrated LiveBack technology uses a series of linked flexors to move with your body, promoting healthy, comfortable postures as you work. A dual-energy lumbar support also delivers robust lower back support, using spring energy to help balance your weight across the seat back. In the seat cushion, a series of cored pockets allow the Think to mold itself to your body, "hugging" your legs to provide unparalleled support without restricting movement.
Features - Steelcase Think Chair
- Dynamic seat and back features a linked flexor system that automatically adjusts to your spine and pelvis as you move to ensure a custom fit every time you sit down
- Adaptive bolstering technology uses cored pockets in the seat foam, allowing the seat to hug the legs and create a custom "comfort pocket"
- Advanced weight-activated mechanism with adjustable tension controls includes a synchronized tilt function to ensure an optimal seat and back recline angle as you move
- Flexible seat edge alleviates pressure on the legs and promotes better blood flow
- Integrated dual-energy lumbar support can be adjusted up and down to provide additional lower back support
- Padded 4-way adjustable arm rests can be moved vertically, horizontally, forwards and backwards, and pivoted inwards for individualized forearm and elbow support
Steelcase Think Chair Specifications
|Chair Dimensions||37.25'' - 42'' H x 28.5'' W x 22" - 24.25" D|
|Seat height||16.5'' - 21.5'' H|
|Seat depth||15.5'' - 18'' D|
|Seat width||20.25'' W|
|Lumbar height from seat||6'' - 10.25'' H|
|Arm height from seat||7'' - 11'' W|
|Arm width||14" - 21.25"|
|Weight capacity||400 lbs.|
Design Story - Steelcase Think Chair
Learn more about the design philosophies and processes that went into the development of the redesigned Steelcase Think Chair.
Adjustability - Steelcase Think Chair
Check out this video to see the Steelcase Think Chair in motion, and find out how it can be quickly adjusted to give you comfortable, intuitive support.
Professor Ergo's Thoughts:
With a sleek, refined look, the Steelcase Think Chair adds a dash of modern design to your office while also offering all-day, personalized back support. Built to adjust to your body's unique shape, this popular Steelcase ergonomic chair uses a flexible integrated LiveBack support system to provide custom lumbar, spine, shoulder and neck support, while cored seat foam pockets use adaptive bolstering technology to create a custom "comfort pocket" as you sit.
Best chair to fit my back
January 25, 2013
I sat in this chair during a product design competition. And I sat in a lot of famous brands even Herman Miller's. But this Goldilocks moment was because that it fits the small of my back perfectly. I naturally have an arm in my back because of my posture. I love spring/resistance when I lean back. I love the adjustable arms. I am a fidgety person, constantly changing positions when on a computer for 10+ hours and this chair moves with me. Best investment. And I googled it, HumanSolution currently is the cheapest place to get this chair even with the architecture/designer discount.
Great Chair, Terrible Headrest
December 9, 2011
If you are 6'2" or taller don't get the optional Headrest - it won't fit your head. It ends up being a neck rest instead of a headrest. The headrest doesn't go high enough for your torso length.
Great chair, but ...
May 23, 2011
The chair is great, except that the back can not be adjusted completely upright to fully support the back. This results in only support of the lower back when working at a desk.
This is a perfect chair
April 5, 2011
I bought this after hearing about how wonderful it was from the experts at The Human Solution. I agree. Call them as they really do offer expert advice and didn't lead me wrong. Great looking chair too but most importantly it's really comfortable. Thanks!